06 SPRAWL short review *pics*

I ordered the new Flexfigher black shorts and Im pretty sure I just got the originals. Mine do not have the giant sprawl logo on the side nor the small one on the front bottom, just one on the back. Can anyone tell me which ones I got?

Edit: Nevermind, I got the shorts I wanted, service was great, the shorts are awesome!

MunchE said:
I am gonna order a set of these tomorrow, probably the red ones without the comp. print. I wear a 38-40 waist right now in jeans, and I have pretty large thighs, so I'm not sure what size to get. I e-mailed their contact address to ask advice on if I should get a 38 or a 40. Does anyone have experience wearing these swimming? I know they say it's fine, would I have any worries about them fading in chlorine or anything? Might as well look cool while I swim if I can.

If you have large thighs I would go with the 40 or even a 42 and just cinch the waist. If you get the split seam version the 40 is probably a safe bet. As far as swimming there should be no problem.

I hope this helps.

Steve

Steve Marino said:
If you have large thighs I would go with the 40 or even a 42 and just cinch the waist. If you get the split seam version the 40 is probably a safe bet. As far as swimming there should be no problem.

I hope this helps.

Steve

Thank you for the quick reply. I placed my order today for the comp XT shorts and a short sleeve rash guard. From what everyone's been saying I won't be disappointed. Thanks for the awesome service, I got a reply here almost as fast as you guys replied via e-mail. Can't wait to try out my stuff!

I just got my new 06 Flexfighter XT Competitions Series shorts in today. They are so fucking sweet. They are incredibly comforotable. The 34s fight my perfectly. They arent tight, but they arent loose either. They fit just right. Tying them with the drawstring tightens them up to ensure they wont fall down, but still they do not feel constricting on the waist. These shorts are atleast 10 times better than the original split leg shorts. Cant wait to tear it up at the Battle at the Beach this weekend in these hot ass shorts.

I have some questions regarding the new waistband design. Since it is elastic is it possible for someone to pull the shorts down? I realize the tie string should prevent that but if for some reason it's not tied will this occur? And lastly would an opponent be able to put his finger in the waistband or just be able to grab it for a throw? It was my understanding that most board short designs did not have a elastic waist for this reason. I know when wearing vale tudo shorts that opponents in the clinch would grab the back waistband to gain the upper hand. I'm wondering if this is a problem with the current design.

perfy, the waist still has a solid velcro fastening, so I doubt you could pull them down. also, if he's tugging at your shorts to go for a takedown or in the clinch as you say, you want to remind him of the rules of MMA, man. my understanding was that, unless he's wearing a gi, you don;t grab your opponent's clothing.

perfy said:
I have some questions regarding the new waistband design. Since it is elastic is it possible for someone to pull the shorts down? I realize the tie string should prevent that but if for some reason it's not tied will this occur? And lastly would an opponent be able to put his finger in the waistband or just be able to grab it for a throw? It was my understanding that most board short designs did not have a elastic waist for this reason. I know when wearing vale tudo shorts that opponents in the clinch would grab the back waistband to gain the upper hand. I'm wondering if this is a problem with the current design.

I think the best way to describe the waistband is a blend of boardshort and boxer short. It is not as thick as a boxer short but it definitally helps with the keeping up of the shorts. It they came untied then I'm sure, as with anyother shorts, they could come down. When the shorts are tied tight then I dont think you will have problems with others getting there fingers and such caught in the shorts. Like Dolorem said with the ties and velcro I wouldn't worry about that, your covered pretty good.

Adino said:
Definitally!
alright then looks like i need to get me a pair of the red ones, some red mma gloves, a red mouthguard if i can find one hopefully brainpad makes one and a red rash guard if i can find a good one. long story short at my gym my nickname is big red :redface:

Killa_Cs said:
alright then looks like i need to get me a pair of the red ones, some red mma gloves, a red mouthguard if i can find one hopefully brainpad makes one and a red rash guard if i can find a good one. long story short at my gym my nickname is big red :redface:

lmao! I don't know if I want to know that story or not :eek:

Here are two links for mouthguards:
http://opro.com/
http://www.bitememouthguards.net/

Let me know if you check those out and buy anything, I'm thinking of ordering one myself.

Adino said:
lmao! I don't know if I want to know that story or not :eek:

Here are two links for mouthguards:
http://opro.com/
http://www.bitememouthguards.net/

Let me know if you check those out and buy anything, I'm thinking of ordering one myself.
the bite me mouthguards are way too expensive for me. i found a brainpad type mouth guard that is red. and the big red nickname is because of my red hair

Killa_Cs said:
the bite me mouthguards are way too expensive for me. i found a brainpad type mouth guard that is red. and the big red nickname is because of my red hair

Do you have a link?

Red hair hu...well I can sleep better at night, mystery solved :D

I got my gear in today. Feels great, looks great. The 40 fits good around the legs and I can cinch in the waistband on it.

I threw the stuff on unwashed and took a pic for all of those wondering how it looks. I'm a big guy (265) so there's a big belly rockin' out in these pics:

http://www.iz-us.com/images/2005-08-06_sprawl/

MunchE said:
I got my gear in today. Feels great, looks great. The 40 fits good around the legs and I can cinch in the waistband on it.

I threw the stuff on unwashed and took a pic for all of those wondering how it looks. I'm a big guy (265) so there's a big belly rockin' out in these pics:

How do you roll with all that hair?

MunchE said:

Nice hair holmes. :wink: Atleast it's not nappy and sht. i hate the feel of nappy hair in my mouth.. wait.. that didnt sound right.

Adino said:
Thanks, let me know how you like it. I'm not real exited about a double layer mouth piece though :icon_neut
well i have one wipps brainpad already and i really like it, it has a space that allows for easy breathing and it absorbs shots really nice. i played football for 8 years before mma and it wasnt diffucult to switch mouthguards at all. i just want a red one because i want to embrace the big red nickname and figure i should get some matching gear

CoutureFan16 said:
How do you roll with all that hair?

Tying it back for now, considering cutting it all though to make it easier. We'll see.

Back