06 SPRAWL short review *pics*

infamous mattyd said:
dude I totally pwned you!!!
You're blowing up my spot, my e-rep for a gangster is going down :icon_cry2

you're lucky i cant train :mad:

Soid said:
You're blowing up my spot, my e-rep for a gangster is going down :icon_cry2

you're lucky i cant train :mad:

you leavin for DR soon or what? You will be ready to train when you come back right?

infamous mattyd said:
you leavin for DR soon or what? You will be ready to train when you come back right?
well my mom wants to go after august 8, but the plane tickets are expensive as hell so it's still undecided. plus the doc might want me to lay off bjj for like a week. i cant wait to train with you guys again, i need to get armbarred. :D

You review mentioned nothing about wearing a "cup" that i could see. I'd say that is a very high item of importance as far as i'm concerned. Some of the previous sprawls seemed a little tight and straight down in the fit, and they didn't have much baggy type of room in the crotch. Are these different in some way, in the cut? Do they allow LOTs of room for cups with room to spare?

S.D.Force said:
You review mentioned nothing about wearing a "cup" that i could see. I'd say that is a very high item of importance as far as i'm concerned. Some of the previous sprawls seemed a little tight and straight down in the fit, and they didn't have much baggy type of room in the crotch. Are these different in some way, in the cut? Do they allow LOTs of room for cups with room to spare?

Very good question, thank you for bringing that up. Because of the new waist band there is more room in the crotch. The material provides more room for a cup. I have rolled 3 times in the shorts and have not thought twice about my cup (which is why I neglected to mention it in my review) because there were no fit issues what so ever. Also with the flex panel between the legs it provides more give at the bottom of the crotch for better fit as well. I don't think the cup is different but the material is more forgiving because the waist is not longer rigid, but flexable. I do notice the difference from my 05 flexfighters. I hope that answers your question. Excellent question S.D.Force :wink:

just got mine and the flexible waist makes all the difference in the world...these are completly different shorts than the 05 flex fighters I own...they are much better. I didn't get the one w/ the big sprawl writing because I often wear a sprawl rash guard and that might be a bit much...

I'm really glad that Sprawl went with the draw string on the inside (like Tapout, Truth and few others) and the elastic makes a world of difference, I think that is why I've always like the HCK shorts the best, well that and the fact that they are lined and only cost $35. I'll have to try out the new 06.

www.SSFgear.com

infamous mattyd said:
I didn't get the one w/ the big sprawl writing because I often wear a sprawl rash guard and that might be a bit much...

lol, matty the next time I do a product review Ill be sure and consult you on how fashonable the outfit looks :D

Adino said:
lol, matty the next time I do a product review Ill be sure and consult you on how fashonable the outfit looks :D

haha...as soon as they sponsor me I'll change my tune...

is it comfortable to kick in those shorts? (i ask since i train Muay Thai)

banderkejs - I have enough flexibility to throw a solid high kick, thai style, and my thighs are pretty thick like treetrunks even, and they feel fine throwing a highkick, no complaints on my side.

~Foz

Fozzy said:
banderkejs - I have enough flexibility to throw a solid high kick, thai style, and my thighs are pretty thick like treetrunks even, and they feel fine throwing a highkick, no complaints on my side.

~Foz

exactly what model do you recommend if you whant to train muay thai in a pait of SPRAWL shorts?

banderkejs said:
exactly what model do you recommend if you whant to train muay thai in a pait of SPRAWL shorts?

Get the 06 Flexfighter XT short

http://www.sprawl.tv/p_xt_competition.html

That is the one that I reviewed and I felt great with my kicks, heavy sprawls and other movements that required me to move my hips and legs quickly and a good distance. The split seam and flex pannel are more than enough for anything I think is in the realm of MMA and Muay Thai.

Adino said:
Get the 06 Flexfighter XT short

http://www.sprawl.tv/p_xt_competition.html

That is the one that I reviewed and I felt great with my kicks, heavy sprawls and other movements that required me to move my hips and legs quickly and a good distance. The split seam and flex pannel are more than enough for anything I think is in the realm of MMA and Muay Thai.

awsome man!

The status of this order is currently: Shipped
The shipping method is: USPS Priority Mail
The tracking number is: 01038555749479572029
The ship date is recorded as: 7-25-2005

Thank you for shopping with Sprawl Fight Short Co.

Mmmmmm...come to me my sweet sweet black 06 Flex XTs...

I would kind of like a pair of shorts like tito ortiz or Chuck liddels or anything like that. Similar to boxing shorts without the HUGE waste band.

Lidell's are now available through Tap Out, Tito's are available through Punishment Athletics. I have a pair of Tito's and I don't like them at all. The flame trim was poorly placed when it was ironed on, the stitching is inconsistent, the legs are so big I feel like I have parachute shorts on, when I got sweaty I found them sticking to my legs and due to their water resistant nature I was ending up with a pretty soaked ass and thighs. I have used them all of 4 times as a result. They are my defacto pair to lend to a friend.

My Sprawl 06s arrived today and the waistband feels much more comfortable than my 05s. What's interesting is that the lace tie up can't even stick to the velcro because of the teeth on it, but the very same teeth secures the fluffy side very tightly. The thighs of the shorts seemed a bit tighter but the flex panel more than makes up for that. I do wonder if these are merely Inspirits with a flex panel though, as all the modifications seem to make it more like them than any other short around.

Back