06 SPRAWL short review *pics*

Adino

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well the time you all have been waiting for is here! First off I would like to thank Steve at SPRAWL for giving me the chance to review these shorts, it was an awesome opportunity. Ok, now down to business. The biggest change for the new 06 shorts is the waist. It is a great blend of adjustability, comfort and functionality. Steve sent me a size 32 and my waist is a 29 (my current pair of 05 flexfighters is a 30 and is on the large side). So I was not expecting to be able to roll in the shorts because of there size. However, to my surprise the shorts fit was acceptable. With the new tie system, beefier Velcro, and new adjustable waist; I was actually able to roll in the 32's without a problem, I also gave them to my roomate (around 32 or 33 waist) and they fit perfect on him. That's just the first major change over from the 05 model. The pictures below will help show and explain some more of the improvements; which include: thicker stitching, more of the stitching, and the beefier Velcro (no safety tie needed anymore). Also the competition print is awesome, I like it much more than the regular models. My conclusion is that the guys at SPRAWL really hit a home run here. The past shorts have been great, but these really are special; really designed with the whole fighter in mind. For example, I emailed Steve about the new waist design and he replied:

This one is for you perfy, this is the Velcro system and how it's designed to keep the drawstrings for getting caught in the Velcro.
DSCN2682.jpg

Here is the beefier Velcro, it covers the whole tab now, it's also stronger than the 05 model.
DSCN2681.jpg

Here is the new waist band, it's not as thick as kickboxing shorts but plenty thick for MMA (no that's not my middle finger, just showing you how thick the waist is :D )
DSCN2684.jpg

DSCN2679.jpg

And finally the new stitching. Look at the 05 review that I did and see how much it has improved.
DSCN2683.jpg

I hate it when the draw string get caught in the velcro.

Its the little things that make a great pair of shorts

Nice shorts. They look like they are built like a tank. BTW, the Truth Fightwear brand shorts have the same drawstring tie thing.

I ordered a pair of the 05 Shorts with the flex panel a while back and I ordered a 32 waist, and they didnt fit me, they were too tight. I ordered a 32 because my old ones, the original XTs are a 34 and they are big on me now, they are a good 2-3 inches too big. What do you suggest I do about the new competition series shorts? Should I still get a 34? I heard you said that they are pretty adjustable, so does that mean that if they are a little too big you can tighten them up a bit? Id rather have them be a bit big rather than small, because those last shorts I got were ridiculously small. Thanks.

They look like nice shorts :) And yeah I agree bout the TRUTH shorts.

fad3r said:
Nice shorts. They look like they are built like a tank. BTW, the Truth Fightwear brand shorts have the same drawstring tie thing.

Truth also uses the same stitching. I think that Truth shorts are a bargain.

www.SSFgear.com

CoutureFan16 said:
What do you suggest I do about the new competition series shorts? Should I still get a 34? I heard you said that they are pretty adjustable, so does that mean that if they are a little too big you can tighten them up a bit? Id rather have them be a bit big rather than small, because those last shorts I got were ridiculously small. Thanks.

Well like Steve said, go ahead and order a size bigger. A 30 is a little big on me and a 32 fit me fine. I'm still getting a 30 b/c that's going to fit perfect. If they

Just when you think Sprawl cant make their shorts any better! Brilliant review! I'll most definately be getting a pair of these

Adino said:
Well like Steve said, go ahead and order a size bigger. A 30 is a little big on me and a 32 fit me fine. I'm still getting a 30 b/c that's going to fit perfect. If they

nice pics adino. looking forward to reviewing them myself.

~Foz

CoutureFan16 said:
Thanks man, thats all I wanted to know. Im gonna be ordering a pair next week and Im really excited. I got a tournament comin up soon and I wanna wear these when I compete.

Where are you competing at? I checked the site yesterday and SPRAWL is already selling them online so you should be straight.

I still have my sprawls from 3 years ago and they still look great

Excellent review Adino! You've answered several of my questions and basically sold me on these shorts. I think Sprawl might need to put you on the payroll.

stu3ufc said:
I hate it when the draw string get caught in the velcro.

Its the little things that make a great pair of shorts

Haha, I hate that too

Back