0-29? UPDATE: 1-42!

Mabe he is really into BDSM (the slave/punished role to be exact)?

I just noticed they are all finishes as well. Out of that only 2 fights even made it to the second round.

He's about to hit his stride bro

If anyone loses to this guy, they should retire immediately.

the party he is going to have when he finally wins a fight.

Who's your favourite Stans Place patron?

Sailor Dan?

hqdefault.jpg

Or, West Side Dougie?

hqdefault.jpg

I've seen this guy fight live years ago as an amateur. His boxing is okay but his grappling and wrestling are 'watched a few videos on Youtube' level. Back then he wasn't affiliated with a gym. He didn't take a dive but clearly only shows up to make a bit of cash, his skill level was too limited for him to have a chance in an MMA match but I guess he fought to the best of his ability.

Its like boxing, there are fighters who make a career of losing to pad other fighters records.

This. The sports are similar enough that the economic incentives produce guys like this in both. 0-29 is minor compared to the totals that some boxing guys in this category rack up. I was wondering when they would start appearing in numbers.

A lot of times, the professional "opponents" are surprisingly competent. And good at avoiding damage, while doing just enough to make a watchable but lost fight.

HBO did a story years ago about Reggie Strickland (66-276-17)

If I remember correctly, he was a bright and healthy guy.

He just realized early in his career that he would be able to make more money as an opponent than as a guy trying to win a championship.

There have been a handful of guys who have fought Reggie that stated that he actually is quite skilled.

HBO did a story years ago about Reggie Strickland (66-276-17)

If I remember correctly, he was a bright and healthy guy.

He just realized early in his career that he would be able to make more money as an opponent than as a guy trying to win a championship.

There have been a handful of guys who have fought Reggie that stated that he actually is quite skilled.
Interesting. I'll have to see if I can track that program down.

It's often surprising how much of a difference a stable source of sponsorship makes for a fighter. In boxing, for example, give Joe Louis's backers to Jersey Joe Walcott, or give Emanuel Augustus from the 2000s long term support instead of throwing him in with guys on 2 days notice, and the results might be different.

I'm sure MMA has similar stories -- Travis Fulton, Jeremy Horn, Minowa, etc. -- and they'll become more common as time goes on.

Back