0-0-0 fighter to make debut on Contender series tonight - Danyelle Wolf

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by BEATDOWNS, Sep 15, 2020.

1. thoughtsone Silver Belt

Right, that is what her manager told them. Krylov did the same thing when he first got into the ufc but he got outted and his record was corrected. I am not saying her record isnt better then what box rec says I just dont think those 13 loses are not legit.

I think its good to bring in new talent though dont get me wrong, I hope she does well. I just dont believe her record is that different, or at least has LESS loses.

neandertal and Bubba Kid like this.
  2. Pious Augustus ...

you probably beatdown you're stomach finger thinking about that ugly face in your av

3. Mohawk Banditó Brown Belt

What exactly did i "coach," you thirsty slut?

Thanks for the correction, but I didnt "make up" anything. You specifically just referenced the same record i did, so correct or not, you're aware of where it came from. My first sentence was literally asking people to educate me on the national circuit. But yeah, you're right. amateur records are often not well recorded. Its a testament to how little they matter. Sometimes it's basically the same thing as Rickson with his 300+ win record from rolling with people. Her BJJ accolades especially are easy to make up, since different grappling pages have different records for her too and i could only find 2 "golds" she won (which is a travesty itself to win white belt tournaments and call yourself a 3 time gold medal or IBJJF world champion like that). My point was, she still has no professional fighting experience. And it's not like I blamed her for not getting fights, I've just said she hadn't had any, so she's not exactly grizzled, and its been a long time, so she's not exactly fresh either.

All i did was pull up what Google provided, something 4 pages full of idiots before me didnt do while also providing their own fake stats. But i must be the problem.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    mkw, Eater of Souls and InsaneWaffle like this.
  4. Dreyga2000 Always Rooting for the Black Guy

I never said you did. I was referring to everyone else. My bad if I wasn’t clear

5. Mohawk Banditó Brown Belt

Fair nuff

6. squeezewax Black Belt

I just watched her fight on the Contender series. Haven't seen the rest of the show yet so i don't know if she got a contract. I hope she didn't!
    With all the hype about her being a good boxer, i expected her to demolish her opponent. Her opponent didn't wake up til the last part of round two, and didn't have much striking ability, imo, yet Wolf didn't really trouble her. I was disappointed in her ability.

7. Fesaine Brown Belt

She's a 3x national boxing champion but got outboxed by a nobody in her octagon debut. And she's already 37, her future in the UFC doesn't seem bright at all

8. Chappi Purple Belt

Without knowing anything about this girl, this is why the UFC is and has been shit for years.
    The fact they hire people with hardly any pro experience is why it all turned to shit.
    It's like the NBA would just grap some guys from the street for the play offs.( I bet those guys would do better with basketball then most UFC pro's do in their fight)
    At least 50% of UFC fighters are not good enough to compete in amateur fights and yet they fight on the biggest stage.
    It's all so watered down, the quality of the UFC is totally gone.

9. TITS GOD TOLD ME TO SKIN YOU ALIVE Platinum Member

Are they going to bring in new cans for her to fight? Because right now there's just Felicia Spencer and Megan Canderson and those other two cans that they just beat, and maybe a couple of bantamweights that occasionally move up to 145. Maybe they're hoping she gets good enough to beat Leatherface.

Bubba Kid, Mohawk Banditó and aerius like this.
  10. Spath Black Belt

Just fast forwarded through her fight. Her straight punches looked good-ish, used 1-1-2 combo a lot. Won the first round, lost the second and got tagged a lot.

Was winning the third, then while clinched by the fence she pulled guard ( ! ) and went for a guillotine. For a world champion in BJJ* the guillotine did seem forced and she didn’t really adjust to tighten the choke other than try to squeeze and squeeze more with her arms.

Her opponent wasn’t going to tap that squeeze-otine so she escaped, passed Wolf’s guard and tried to get some offense going. Wolf couldn’t get up and kept pushing Tennant off while threatening with upkicks.

Wolf won a unanimous decision, so the judges all saw it as a clear win for Wolf.

* Winning gold at a women’s white belt division tournament. The world is full of national, international and world champs if we choose to go by this. While winning a jiu jitsu tournament is something one can be proud of, you really sound like a arrogant moron going around calling yourself a world champ.

11. Askafan Brown Belt

Well if Pete Rademacher can fight for the richest prize in sport in his pro debut then I guess the UFC can sign Danyelle Wolf, but really it's just a tad embarrassing.

aerius likes this.
  12. brackis1 Yellow Card Yellow Card

Our world is filled with completely rotten propagandists who do marketing for shitty corporations like the UFC whose entire job it is to feed complete fantasy bullshit into the minds of impressionable people.

13. Sticko Green Belt

Yes it's amateur boxing, she wanted to make the Olympics in 2016 but they didn't end up including her weight class.
    KOs aren't common in amateur boxing. It's pointfighting, fewer rounds than pro boxing, and they wear headgear. I think if you scored a knockout you would still win, it's just not really meant to injure the opponent.
    So, the fact she doesn't have amateur boxing KOs doesn't really mean anything.

14. Spath Black Belt

It’s not even that, she says it by herself. It’s like she really thinks so highly of herself. Maybe it’s ”self promotion” to the fullest..

They (UFC) did say she punches as hard as Poirier, though. They really did say that.

Mohawk Banditó and brackis1 like this.
  15. SakurabasEar Hype-Train Bum

By zuffa rules they have to give sherdoggers a shot

16. Eater of Souls Guardian of the Gate

I think Holm won a "title" from a woman who was 1-2 (total record).

17. NicholasJBasile Hoping to fight some day...

She does not seem to be prepared for the UFC in my opinion, but it was obvious they were going to give her the green light no matter how she looked, likely due to the lackluster division. I'd personally had preferred she have a couple more years of experience before getting the call, though I would imagine it isn't easy for her to find opponents unless she goes to Bellator so the UFC probably wanted to seize her. She looked bad, but for someone as new to the ground and MMA in general as her, I'd say she was very impressive; she was more or less thrown into the fire.

Mohawk Banditó likes this.
  18. Hotora86 #StayTheFuckHome #FlattenTheCurve #WashYourHands

"I'm sure you got what you wanted tho, Mr White."

"You're signed."

Bren312 likes this.
  19. mkw White Belt

They never showed the alternate camera angle, but I'm pretty certain she never got a grip on the guillotine attempt and was going one arm the whole time. Also, the way she was squeezing suggested she didn't really know the mechanics of the move. I wonder who she can be matched up with in her UFC debut.

20. Dreyga2000 Always Rooting for the Black Guy

She goes through the story here