0-0-0 fighter to make debut on Contender series tonight - Danyelle Wolf

Just put £15 on Tennant, should be easy money as long as she uses her takedowns

Pointy Bows, Broad Shoulders and Manhands...
<{hfved}>

It's crazy how many of you can't open another tab and use google.

windows.jpg

Actually it's harder to pad a record for female boxers and MMA fighters, since there are fewer all-out cans.

The talent level overall is pretty bad, so you'd expect good boxers to have good records. With that record I don't expect her to have standout striking.

Interesting prospect. Found an article on her. She has that Dominick Reyes "I'm an athlete bruh" thing going for her; grew up playing like four different sports throughout high school and only transitioned to boxing when she was already in her 20s. Here are some choice selections aside from her obvious boxing background:

That’s when she decided to cross over into MMA. Wolf traveled all over the world training at gyms such as Tiger Muay Thai, Kings MMA and Alliance MMA. She was drawing interest from big MMA organizations early, but with zero amateur fights, Wolf wanted to get a solid foundation first before swimming with the sharks in the big leagues.

“When I first crossed over to MMA, my focus was jiu-jitsu in a gi,” Wolf said. “And once I did that everyday, I wanted to test myself, and I did the jiu-jitsu World’s, then I did IBJJF’s, won three gold medals doing that, but that whole time I was still doing muay Thai, I was still taking Rafael Cordeiro’s muay Thai and kickboxing classes, still wrestling at Black House MMA.”

Wolf then traveled to Thailand to work on her muay Thai, followed by a visit to Alliance MMA, home to former two-time UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz and coach Eric Del Fierro. After taking part in their wrestling program, Wolf was ready to compete.

However, yet again, Wolf couldn’t find a fight. Every time it was either a fighter pulling out or a fight that the promotion didn’t think made sense, so she decided to continue training by traveling overseas to City Kickboxing with coach Eugene Bareman, home of UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya.

Those are a lot of big names, though I wonder how much of this is just name-dropping compared to how much dedicated training she actually did at each gym and how much individual attention she actually received from these guys (especially since she was still trying to jockey for a potential career in Olympic boxing until recently). Still, time will tell if she's legit or just Bangkok Ready I suppose. This'll be the first episode of DWCS I watch. Her age is also worrying... hard to be a contender in your late 30s with boxing fight mileage and injuries from high school sports behind you. But, hey, I'm interested.

Back