[❁] RIP ZUFFA, let us reminisce [❁]

Being at UFC 69 when Serra KO'd GSP and getting annihilated drunk with Scott Smith and Shonie Carter that night was cool too.

The time Cain kicked Brock's ass and became champion. Great memories.

The first Anderson/Chael fight was a great memory. Remember holding my breath throughout the entire fight. Incredible suspense!

Brock Lesnar at UFC 100

Chris Leben saying fighters that fight over in Japan wern't that good...then getting absolutely smashed by Anderson.

I started watching mma almost immediately after Zuffa bought the UFC before UFC 30 (which is no coincidence).

The UFC 30s were significantly better than the UFC 20s, imo, and it just snowballed from there. I started watching at UFC 34 planning "UFC nights" at UFC 39, and I have never missed a single available fight since- and certainly never an event.

Immediately, they began hitting new plateaus. They built stars, put together huge fights, and grew the sport exponentially through TUF. I can go on for hours (literally days) talking about every event, champion, rivalry, TUF seaaon, and star in history.

I don't watch football or baseball or any of that bullshit. MMA has been my favorite form of entertainment for a long time.

Because of ZUFFA, it's everywhere. FOX Sports is almost like "The UFC Network." About once a week, I'll just look at all of the UFC programs and I'll just sit there in amazement, trying to remember what it was actually like when it was some sub-culture (for a while, counter-culture) monster-truck shitbag "sport."

They were really good to us. One last (almost personal) gift from Zuffa was the legalization of mma in NY. I've seen 5 UFC/PRIDE events: Vegas, Connecticut, Philly, and 2 in Jersey. I can't tell you how happy I was when they got it done.

Ice Spill, goat's vag, Progigy, stoolgate, spinning shit

A highly pissed off Dana after GSP Hendricks, Hendricks making his 70% comment, and then GSP - who apparently wasn't at the hospital after all - making an appearance. Probably the most entertaining non-fighting sequence of events in the Zuffa era

-GSP getting belt-jacked while in the shower
- Silva taking two of the weirdest losses in MMA history back-to-back
-Jones giving himself more Ls than anyone else he's fought did
-That year Overeem kept falling like a puppet with the strings cut
-Mighty Mouse beating everyone and resorting to beating crowd members and door-to-door vacuum salesmen
-Reebok fucking everything up
-Adam Cella being dumped by his soul in TUF
-Renan Barao losing the Dillashaw rematch via 80-hit Ultra Combo

Got to love that lighting bolt after the fights or in UFC games

Funny thing is the lighting bolt is a symbol the controlling elite have used for centuries

GSPgreasing1.gif

UFC 94.

i was a huge bj penn fan, so when the greasegate sage started up -- i became enthralled. it was a significant fight at the time, too. both were p4p fighters, both were champs. the memory of greasegate has been destroyed though, because GSP destroyed the rest of the div.

also, the first time i saw jon jones.

metropcs-move-week-jon-jones-stephan-bonnar_482230_OpenGraphImage.png

i remember complaining about his placement on the card. i was a fool. poor steven boner. his career went south quickly after this fight.

the height of karate. the machida era was in full effect. i hated it.

uspw_3812418.jpg

Back