[❁] RIP ZUFFA, let us reminisce [❁]

tumblr_n901agOR791ry1rm7o5_400.gif

another great moment: when nate diaz dispatched of "traitor" kurt.

tumblr_merul52brG1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

nate diaz -- upon his successful return to 155lbs -- got torched in his title fight, the title fight he'd been working toward for years, in one of the more dominant title defenses @ 155

tumblr_inline_mq8aaeCe3G1qz4rgp.gif

the giant-stinky-shit-bomb that was anderson-leites. PPV remorse.

1233_ex.png
\
the ultimate fighter 5, which was -- in my humble opinion -- the best TUF of all-time. emerson wrote 'team pulver sux' on the wall. karo's infamous 'do you know who i am' speech directed at nate diaz. and the finale that had manny beating nate until he injured himself.

"that gay shit out there. . . with the thong and shit . . . these dudes ain't even gay, they're just acting gay"

You do know nothing is going to change?

Still it will be weird without the Mafia brothers

Wonder if we'll see less rigged decisions now

Not looking forward to when "back in the Zuffa days" becomes some nostalgic, Pride-esque conversation topic.

Off of the top of my head:

UFC 94 and the Primetime thing they did for it.

Penn looking unbeatable at 155 for the 2 fights he was s & c with Marinovich bros.

Anderson Silva 2006 -2013

Jose Aldo running out in to the crowd after ko'ing chad

Big Nog vs Tim Syliva

Lyoto going karate kid on randy

Penn vs Huges 1-2

Chris Lytle

Pete Sell vs Scott Smith

20fc83p.png

watching the Poster Curse unfold in the proper order. GSP cheated destiny by retiring.

Too many memories

UFC 104. Shogun getting robbed against Machida. Never forget.

UFC 126. Anderson front kicking Vitor in the face. Blew my mind.

UFC 173, with TJ absolutely demolishing Barao with an upset in one of the most complete and flawless performances I've ever seen, and DC making Hendo fly through the air. That scared the shit outta me.

Anderson's late comeback against Chael left my jaw on the floor.

Holly KTFO of Ronda.

The JDS-Cain trilogy.

Actually, I believe Zuffa owned PRIDE at that point because the event was in Vegas and Fertitta was sitting ring side. Could be wrong.
I thought you were way off, but just looked it up. That fight was in Feb. 2007, and Zuffa announced the sale in March 2007. So it was still Yakuza owned at the time, but obviously the sale was in the works.

Actually, I believe Zuffa owned PRIDE at that point because the event was in Vegas and Fertitta was sitting ring side. Could be wrong.
yeah you are

I remember when Brock came back after a 5 year layoff to beat Mark Hunt. Ahhh those were the days, it only seems like it was 2 days ago.

The hypersonic rise and repeated falls of the saga that is Jon Jones.

Most of the anderson silva fights before he got busted for PEDs.

Back