⚰ Kelvin Gastelum: Darren Till is Irrelevant, Fighting Only for Statement (Highlight Reel GIF)

In what round does this fight end?

• Total voters
It may sound like his statement is taking Till lightly, but I see it as he is fired up and pissed about losing...And wants to make a serious statement using Till.

I don't expect Till to walk away past the first.

That had absolutely nothing to do with why Bisping got KOed and neither did age.

Yes it did there is no way in hell that fight should have been sanctioned. Only reason it was is because China!

Despite the outcome of the fight this is the attitude I wish more fighters had, like he knows this isn't going to do anything or get him closer but he's taking the fight and wants to fight at MSG too, I respect that.

A lot of fighters are like "No" and can be awkward and where as I 100% understand that at times and why, I still find it frustrating and kind of like if you want to be the best, beat everyone and show you're the best.

It's like Masvidal (and this is no knock on him by the way) but he's had a two win fight streak and he's being picky maybe waiting, maybe not in regards to another fight before the title shot, I'm not saying it's wrong but it's like if/when he does get the title shot (which he absolutely deserves after Colby the way he's been finishing fights) it wont feel quite as earned for me as opposed to if he took a fight or so while waiting.

It's only my opinion and he's not going to care about that, there's no right or wrong anyway but I really admire Gastleums will to fight and attitude which I think is a great thing to have.

It's like if Poirier wins tomorrow, he's deserved it cause he's beaten so many and the best so kudos to him, he deserves that title tomorrow.

till will be by far the best 185 pound brit kelvin has ever fought

it wont be as easy as bisping

Kelvin was a top fighter at Welter and he's a top fighter at middle.

Till is neither.

Easy win for Kelvin.

Kelvin took real damage in that last fight and serious damage in the 5th and probably would have died if there was a 6th rd lol.

So we have no idea if he is even the same after that war it has only been like 6 months since the Israel fight.. you guys may be putting the cart before the horse on this one. It could go either way

Can't believe so many Guys think this is a Walkover for Gastelum. We are gonna see the best version of Till we have seen so far. He was a bit green in his last few fights.

He was gaining experience in there with the best guys in the World Till hasn't hit his prime yet and is now going to be fighting in his natural Division.

Till will Destroy Gastelum before the end of the second round.

I hope Till comes in and sleeps him

Gas will hurt him in the first, Darren will survive and get it done over the next two to win a decision.

Long-time Gastelum fan, hoping for it to end in R1 by (T)KO.

Till is going perform much better than everyone thinks. Take my word for it.

Till, Bellator coming soon...

I just don't know how you take Till in this one. KG by decision, possibly 30-27 on all three cards.

Kelvin not losing this.. who cares how. Till showed during the Dalby massacre he can survive anything. I can't watch that and say he's not a fighter. He's just a shitty one. Actually I'm not sure, maybe the WB hugs were strategy and he was shook of getting kicked in the face. Kelvin by decision.. or KO, but he's not losing.

“At first thought, I was like, ‘I don’t know if it’s worth it for me to accept this kind of fight because he is coming off a two-fight losing streak,'” Gastelum told MMA Junkie. “I feel like I’m still in title contention, and I feel like I should get one of those top guys. But I want to fight in Madison Square Garden.”

. . .

“I put a lot of thought on who my opponent is and why I’m fighting him, and will it get me to the title shot – will it get me closer to where I want to go,” Gastelum said. “I definitely asked those questions, and none of them applied to Darren Till. I don’t think if I win – it’s not going to get me a title shot. It’s not getting me closer. But I just think I need to go out there and make a statement against a guy like Darren Till because of my last performance. I want to go out there, I want to show that I’m still hungry, I’m still in contention, and I’m still one of the best guys around at this weight class.”

“It’s a little scary [at MW],” Gastelum said. “The guys are a little bit bigger, they hit a little harder, but they are a little slower. It’s a little scary. I don’t think it’ll be an easy transition for him. I think he’s going to have trouble with these bigger guys and competing at this weight class, to be honest. He hasn’t fought guys this big, I don’t think. I’ve been fighting middleweights my entire career. I went down to welterweight for a little stint, but then I went back up.”

“I’m expecting a short fight,” Gastelum said. “I’m not trying to go and have another war. I’m going to work hard to try so I can be able to put this guy away.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/09/kelvin-gastelum-hesitant-darren-till-fight-ufc-244-title-shot
It all depends if Till has improved tbh. If he has the same sloppy defence then it will be lights out. Similar to the Frenchman leaving the creek for Brittany.

honestly, whenever fighters talk like this I hope they get KTFO

giphy.gif

People talk a out Tills chin but forget Kelvin got his shit pushed in even more recently by Adesanya. He got got flash ko'd like 3 times in that fight and easily could have been stopped in the 5th.

This should be a great fight I just hope it's not over too quickly

Back