⚰ Kelvin Gastelum: Darren Till is Irrelevant, Fighting Only for Statement (Highlight Reel GIF)

In what round does this fight end?

• Total voters
I really hope, Till fights with more heart, and when he gets hit with a solid 1-2..

that he just doesn't shut his eyes completely and go limb..

hell a lot of guys get bombs dropped too da dome, and rocked unconscious..

but they try their best too recover.. but i know.. a fight is a fight so what the fk am i saying

Till is right to move up in weight, but its an absurdly stupid idea to fight Kelvin for his first appearance in a new weight class.

He's coming off two brutal stoppage losses and has no business fighting someone in the top 5 of any division.

That had absolutely nothing to do with why Bisping got KOed and neither did age.

Of course it did.

Taking a short turnaround fight against a world class opponent after you got obvious head trauma is ridiculous. It would NEVER have been sanctioned in the USA, but since it was overseas this kind of dangerous bullshit was allowed as the UFC is their own sanctioning body.

Kelvin beats Bisping 8/10 times at that point in their career, that much I have little doubt. If Bisping wasn't already recently concussed with no recovery or training camp, it would have been a much more competitive fight.

Till will K/O Gastelum in the 2nd round.

Of course it did.

Taking a short turnaround fight against a world class opponent after you got obvious head trauma is ridiculous. It would NEVER have been sanctioned in the USA, but since it was overseas this kind of dangerous bullshit was allowed as the UFC is their own sanctioning body.

Kelvin beats Bisping 8/10 times at that point in their career, that much I have little doubt. If Bisping wasn't already recently concussed with no recovery or training camp, it would have been a much more competitive fight.
Let's take the age factor out for a moment, although I feel Bisping improved later on. Bisping was susceptible to that counter shot either way. And I don't think most fighters could eat that flush and still continue to compete. Him having a quick turnaround had nothing to do with his habit of overextending.

I really hope, Till fights with more heart, and when he gets hit with a solid 1-2..

that he just doesn't shut his eyes completely and go limb.

hell a lot of guys get bombs dropped too da dome, and rocked unconscious..

but they try their best too recover.. but i know.. a fight is a fight so what the fk am i saying
What the fuck are you? saying lol. "I know your unconcious but please get up!! Show some heart!"

Kelvin thought he was going to get 1 win and fight for the title again?

He should build a little streak and a guy like Till is ideal. Easy money, easy W for the column.

Let's take the age factor out for a moment, although I feel Bisping improved later on. Bisping was susceptible to that counter shot either way. And I don't think most fighters could eat that flush and still continue to compete. Him having a quick turnaround had nothing to do with his habit of overextending.

Bisping went BLIND in one eye after fighting Belfort, so suffice to say he was much more competent at seeing strikes earlier in his career. He actually had to pull a bunch of tricks to get licensed to fight.

Either way - full stop, its common sense you don't belong in the Octagon a few weeks after getting battered to a stoppage loss. This should not and does not require further explanation.

“At first thought, I was like, ‘I don’t know if it’s worth it for me to accept this kind of fight because he is coming off a two-fight losing streak,'” Gastelum told MMA Junkie. “I feel like I’m still in title contention, and I feel like I should get one of those top guys. But I want to fight in Madison Square Garden.”

. . .

“I put a lot of thought on who my opponent is and why I’m fighting him, and will it get me to the title shot – will it get me closer to where I want to go,” Gastelum said. “I definitely asked those questions, and none of them applied to Darren Till. I don’t think if I win – it’s not going to get me a title shot. It’s not getting me closer. But I just think I need to go out there and make a statement against a guy like Darren Till because of my last performance. I want to go out there, I want to show that I’m still hungry, I’m still in contention, and I’m still one of the best guys around at this weight class.”

“It’s a little scary [at MW],” Gastelum said. “The guys are a little bit bigger, they hit a little harder, but they are a little slower. It’s a little scary. I don’t think it’ll be an easy transition for him. I think he’s going to have trouble with these bigger guys and competing at this weight class, to be honest. He hasn’t fought guys this big, I don’t think. I’ve been fighting middleweights my entire career. I went down to welterweight for a little stint, but then I went back up.”

“I’m expecting a short fight,” Gastelum said. “I’m not trying to go and have another war. I’m going to work hard to try so I can be able to put this guy away.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/09/kelvin-gastelum-hesitant-darren-till-fight-ufc-244-title-shot

Why is he being so disrespectful to Till?

Till is not a bum.

He is not a brilliant young man.

But I don’t think he has been mean to Kelvin

What the fuck are you? saying lol. "I know your unconcious but please get up!! Show some heart!"
You must of skipped out on the biggest boxing event, in history.. i feel sorry for you old man.

I've watched enough of both of these fighters to know that Kelvin should knock Till out by the end of the 2nd. I'm very confident in that opinion. I think this is a lopsided fight and it won't even be close.

We haven't even seen Till at 185.

Didn't Kelvin get much, much better when he jumped up?

I see this one as pretty even. Till is moving up but he will probably be the bigger of the two. Gastelum barely uses his wrestling and is hittable. They both have a macho swing-til-you-drop complex. Will be fun.

Back