⚰ Expert Predicts Askren Will Be KTFO (Predicted Nunes Win Over Cyborg)

How do you see this fight ending?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
a smart person would never bet on this fight

Robbie took the ole savy veteran's way out

Prediction By Alexander K. Lee

Ben Askren vs. Robbie Lawler

Let’s get this out of the way first: Ben Askren would have been a perennial top-10 contender over the last few years if here were on the UFC roster. With that out of the way, Robbie Lawler is a rough debut matchup for him.

Don’t get it twisted, Askren’s elite wrestling will give Lawler plenty of headaches. Lawler has high-level takedown defense, but has been put on his back by the likes of Donald Cerrone and Matt Brown, two fighters who aren’t exactly known for their power doubles. What usually saves Lawler from being smothered is his ability to limit his opponents’ offense on the mat. This was evident in fights against Johny Hendricks and Cerrone, where neither man was able to do much with their takedowns.

Both fighters are coming off of long layoffs, and I think it will take longer for Lawler to find his rhythm on the feet than it will for Askren to locate his grappling game. There are few fighters in the world better than Askren at getting a fight to the mat. He excels at chain wrestling and finding the slightest openings to unbalance and trip his opponents. Regardless of who Lawler has fought before, Askren’s wrestling is on another level and Lawler is going to have to deal with that as soon as the bell rings.

If he can keep his composure as he usually does, it’s going to be harder and harder for Askren to avoid standing with Lawler, and Lawler will obviously have a huge advantage striking. This is a close call that is entirely based on how much faith you have in Lawler’s takedown defense, but I see it holding up long enough for him stay upright and eventually knock out Askren.

Pick: Lawler

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/3/2/18245869/ufc-235-predictions
All I learned is that Alexander K. Lee is no expert.

Letting the ref stop the fight?
Giving a half ass response to the ref so the ref has to make a split second decision then protest after the fight is stopped. Lose the fight but save face.

If predicting that win alone makes him an expert I'm an MMA fight predicting God. Sorry Lee or whoever u are. I'm the expert around here. Let me know when your expert predictions make you half a million in one month risking 200 bucks. "MMA Expert" gtfoh never even heard of you. He probably stole my prediction anyway. Oh... and I had Askren on dem bet slips. And predicted Askren 100x. "Expert Lee."

EDIT: You also sound like a Confederate Civil War general with that name.

Last edited:
I wonder what this “experts” prediction record is. Most ppl are around 50/50 I’d say.

Giving a half ass response to the ref so the ref has to make a split second decision then protest after the fight is stopped. Lose the fight but save face.
Half assed? He responded to an arm check and gave the thumbs up lol. Why would he have to do more
A choke is a tap or go out situation. He did neither. Ref stopped the fight for zero reason and knows he fucked up. Your defending a guy who's not defending his own decision lol think about that

I wonder what this “experts” prediction record is. Most ppl are around 50/50 I’d say.
On the books im around 95 or higher. I can very easily prove that over the last 3-6 months. Tried to dump 10k on Smolka last night, now I'm banned from UFC straight bets. Only got 2100 down on him before they shut me down again. I wish 5dimes would take me back................. on the forums.. it's for damn sure higher than 95%.

Herb deans account confirmed. That's why he stopped the fight for no reason when he did. Makes sense now. Gotta keep your sherdog predictions in tact
robbie lawler went limp, that is another way to tap out... maybe robbie should not have gone limp and tap out... why did he go limp? what a stupid way to tell the ref to let the fight keep going. I have had people squeezing the shit out of my jaw and not choking me and sometimes all you can do is tap even then

Was super impressed by Lawlers performance.

There's a good chance Askren would've been KO'd if the ref didn't fuck up.
even better chance Lawler would've been subbed or grinded to a decision. On the feet Lawler did little to nothing and outside of the slam and GNP lawler had no answer for Ben when they got tied up. Ben took lawler's best and still marched on. Can't wait for the rematch I'll call out everyone saying this BS to screenshot their bets on lawler when he's the underdog again.

robbie lawler went limp, that is another way to tap out... maybe robbie should not have gone limp and tap out... why did he go limp? what a stupid way to tell the ref to let the fight keep going. I have had people squeezing the shit out of my jaw and not choking me and sometimes all you can do is tap even then
Lol he didn't go limp. If your going off of when his arm dropped than you are just making an assumption .the proper thing for a ref to do in that moment is to check on the fighter like herb did. He lifted Robbie's arm and Robbie responded. Not only took his arm away but gave the thumbs up in the process. Worst stoppage in UFC history . Also learn the rules better man

when i saw him go limp my reaction was exactly the same as herb...i would have stopped the fight exactly like herb because i saw what herb saw and it was lawler going limp... that is not intelligent defense i dont care if he is awake and talking, that is not intelligent defense... you all seem to think a stoppage requires someone to be unconscious... the ref stops a fight when a fighter stops intelligently defending and tapping is one form of this. When I was watching the fight live, my immediate reaction to robbie going limp was... STOP THE FIGHT... great call by a veteran ref

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back