⚔ Ferguson Calls Out Alvarez and Nurmagomedov

Which of the following do you agree with?

• Total voters
So hes an OG 155er and needle mover.... so he should jump over all the other better, more qualified contenders? I do follow the "sport", and no, I still don't really know why they're having a rematch at 170 when neither of them fight at WW, aside from Conor's destroyed pride. And nor do I know why a fight at WW between the two of them means either of them should skip ahead of deserved challengers at a different division. There's at least 3 people ahead of either Nate or Conor at LW for a title shot.

And no I dont care about "who sells more" because, just like you, I don't receive any PPV points and I really dont care how much the UFC profits off each fight, nor do I think they should arrange every fight based on their profit. I'd like to see the best fight the best - thats supposed to be the point.

Otherwise just give CM Punk an instant title shot. He'll likely outdraw everyone in the UFC outside Brock. Who cares if he's 0-0. He's a "needle mover".

He's ranked #4 at lightweight he would not be jumping over many fighters. I think El Cucuy is the only one ahead of Nate atm given his monster win over Conor in the first fight. To refresh your memory a bit here Conor was supposed to fight RDA for the 155 title then RDA pulled out and Nate was a last minute replacement. Took the fight on 11 days notice which is why they fought at a higher weight. Nate asked for 5 pounds initially and Conor offered 170 just for the books.
The only reason their rematch is not at 155 because Conor demanded the exact same stipulations as the first fight so there's no excuses.

CM Punk won't be a huge draw unless he proves that he is a real fighter which at this point is hard to believe. I will say if he wins impressively he has a chance at moving needles.

Even if he finishes Conor in the first round he still doesn't deserve it more than el cucuy
Idk about that if he finishes McGregor twice, the same guy who ktfo Jose Aldo in 13 seconds he will have a case for the shot. Especially considering Alvarez already called Nate out.

All he has to do is finish the fight impressively and sell the fight when he gets a chance to talk on the mic.

He's ranked #4 at lightweight he would not be jumping over many fighters. I think El Cucuy is the only one ahead of Nate atm given his monster win over Conor in the first fight. To refresh your memory a bit here Conor was supposed to fight RDA for the 155 title then RDA pulled out and Nate was a last minute replacement. Took the fight on 11 days notice which is why they fought at a higher weight. Nate asked for 5 pounds initially and Conor offered 170 just for the books.
The only reason their rematch is not at 155 because Conor demanded the exact same stipulations as the first fight so there's no excuses.

CM Punk won't be a huge draw unless he proves that he is a real fighter which at this point is hard to believe. I will say if he wins impressively he has a chance at moving needles.

"Not that many ahead of him". Well, there's pretty much the entire LW top ten. So thats Khabib, Ferguson, RDA, Barboza, Pettis, Brooks, Chiesa and Dariush. All of them ranked higher than Nate.

Nate has one LW top ten win (against a guy who's no longer even in the top 10) since 2012. How on earth does a decision win over Michael Johnson get you to skip over the entire top ten?

"Not that many ahead of him". Well, there's pretty much the entire LW top ten. So thats Khabib, Ferguson, RDA, Barboza, Pettis, Brooks, Chiesa and Dariush. All of them ranked higher than Nate.

Nate has one LW top ten win (against a guy who's no longer even in the top 10) since 2012. How on earth does a decision win over Michael Johnson get you to skip over the entire top ten?

Check the UFC lightweight ranking bud Nate is ranked #4.

Ferguson- sure Iike I told you previously he is deserving of a shot at the 155 strap more than anyone atm- Yes
Khabib- looked rusty as hell vs Horcher and is known to pull out of fights, turning down fights for religion etc. -NO
RDA- just got ktfo- NO
Barboza- he is actually ranked #6 two spots behind Nate- NO
Pettis- he's a featherweight fights at 145 now- NO
Brooks- didn't impress vs gate keeper he needs more fights ranked #12- NO
Chiesa- meh ranked #9- NO
Dariush- ranked #12- NO

Idk about that if he finishes McGregor twice, the same guy who ktfo Jose Aldo in 13 seconds he will have a case for the shot. Especially considering Alvarez already called Nate out.

All he has to do is finish the fight impressively and sell the fight when he gets a chance to talk on the mic.
He might get it, but with only 3 wins he won't deserve it more than ferg. Ferg has a great streak going.

He might get it, but with only 3 wins he won't deserve it more than ferg. Ferg has a great streak going.
Well yeah as of right now I 100% agree with you. Imagine an epic KO or sub vs McGregor I think he would be right there with El Cucuy. Just my opinion I value his win over McGregor a lot higher than some people on this site I suppose. Gotta give credit where it's due though. McGregor was, still is a special fighter and Nate took him out. I'd bet money Aldo beats most of the top 155ers right now and Conor deleted him in 13 seconds

Check the UFC lightweight ranking bud Nate is ranked #4.

Ferguson- sure Iike I told you previously he is deserving of a shot at the 155 strap more than anyone atm- Yes
Khabib- looked rusty as hell vs Horcher and is known to pull out of fights, turning down fights for religion etc. -NO
RDA- just got ktfo- NO
Barboza- he is actually ranked #6 two spots behind Nate- NO
Pettis- he's a featherweight fights at 145 now- NO
Brooks- didn't impress vs gate keeper he needs more fights ranked #12- NO
Chiesa- meh ranked #9- NO
Dariush- ranked #12- NO

Sherdog doesn't even have him ranked in the top 10. However, you put it, a win over Michael Johnson doesn't ( or rather shouldn't) give you a title shot.

-Ferguson definitely deserves it more.
-Khabib is 7-0 in the UFC, with a win over the just removed champ, and has never lost in his entire career. Turns down fights for religion? He said he wouldn't fight until after Ramadan, thats one month a year.

There's two far better challengers right there.

Well yeah as of right now I 100% agree with you. Imagine an epic KO or sub vs McGregor I think he would be right there with El Cucuy. Just my opinion I value his win over McGregor a lot higher than some people on this site I suppose. Gotta give credit where it's due though. McGregor was, still is a special fighter and Nate took him out. I'd bet money Aldo beats most of the top 155ers right now and Conor deleted him in 13 seconds
I agree with pretty much all that. Mcgregor is very special & its a great win, especially if he does it twice, but that's still just Michael Johnson & mcgregor twice. Tony is on an 8 fight win streak & he's been fucking dudes up. In a division as stacked as this tho, it wouldn't be a crime if Tony, nate, or Khabib got the first shot at Eddie

Sherdog doesn't even have him ranked in the top 10. However, you put it, a win over Michael Johnson doesn't ( or rather shouldn't) give you a title shot.

-Ferguson definitely deserves it more.
-Khabib is 7-0 in the UFC, with a win over the just removed champ, and has never lost in his entire career. Turns down fights for religion? He said he wouldn't fight until after Ramadan, thats one month a year.

There's two far better challengers right there.

Sherdog ranks are not official ranks, the UFC ranks however are. Nate Diaz #4 LW it's official.
You're completely disregarding Nates win over Conor?
Ferguson we already went through this, twice.
Khabib- again not denying his win streak, I was all for him getting the shot while RDA was the champ but now that he is not the champion that win from 2014 should not be enough to get him the next shot let's be real here. His latest win was against Horcher. Khabib needs a win vs a ranked guy to earn a shot.

Sherdog ranks are not official ranks, the UFC ranks however are. Nate Diaz #4 LW it's official.
You're completely disregarding Nates win over Conor?
Ferguson we already went through this, twice.
Khabib- again not denying his win streak, I was all for him getting the shot while RDA was the champ but now that he is not the champion that win from 2014 should not be enough to get him the next shot let's be real here. His latest win was against Horcher. Khabib needs a win vs a ranked guy to earn a shot.

Of course the UFC ranks are official. That doesn't mean they mean fuck all. Think about it objectively, how is Nate #4? For a win over Michael Johnson?

Yes, in the LW division I am completely disregarding Nate's win over Conor. Conor has never fought in the LW division ever in the UFC. Why would beating him (at WW) mean anything towards the LW rankings? Its not like Conor was even a long-running champ or anything, he hasn't even defended his title a single time. Thats like Ryan Bader getting a title shot at Cormier because he just beat Michael Bisping at HW.

Of course the UFC ranks are official. That doesn't mean they mean fuck all. Think about it objectively, how is Nate #4? For a win over Michael Johnson?

Yes, in the LW division I am completely disregarding Nate's win over Conor. Conor has never fought in the LW division ever in the UFC. Why would beating him (at WW) mean anything towards the LW rankings? Its not like Conor was even a long-running champ or anything, he hasn't even defended his title a single time. Thats like Ryan Bader getting a title shot at Cormier because he just beat Michael Bisping at HW.

Conor was set to challenge for the 155 title against RDA in his last fight. The guy is legit give credit where it's due. He would of been a two division champ if RDA didn't pull out. It doesn't matter that they had a short notice catch weight fight. Really. Who cares? 11 days notice. Hello? Rematch same stipulations because Conor doesn't want excuses. They are both lightweights. Hello? Do you understand?

The title shot should go to Khabib or Nate if he beats Conor.Khabib already beat RDA and hes undefeated.
Ferguson should fight Brooks or RDA.He just got beat up and nearly ko'd by a nobody.

Ferguson is overrated. RDA, Khabib and Eddie would demolish him.

I wouldn't mind seeing him face RDA first but that's just me

Giving the shoot to Khabib would be super unfair

Alvarez beats him. Khabman beats him too. I'd watch both fights. I don't know what all this means.

Tony's style is perfect for RDA & I've been saying it for awhile .. And are you implying that was a BAD performance ?! lmaoooo
You think Tony's striking will stop him from getting held down by RDA? lol.

Back