⚔ Bisping Calls Out GSP for Superfight Before First Title Defence

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"I believe there is [sic] some other people floating around in there as well, potential super fights...
GSP."

Bisping was also quick to give life to rumors that the former welterweight great might consider a UFC return for a shot at the new middleweight champ:

"It kinda has, now that you mention it," Bisping replied when asked if a superfight with GSP had been on his radar. "And I mean, just the words that you said, those words get me really excited. As you say, fighting Georges St-Pierre, the great Georges St-Pierre, and of course, for the title of 'Who has the most wins in UFC history.' That alone as a tagline, and great promotion. Of course, the numbers would be fantastic with Georges St-Pierre, he's a proven draw.

. . .

"I would certainly be open to sending Georges St-Pierre back to a movie set, because that would be a fight that I would definitely win. And if Georges St-Pierre is listening: buddy, any time just be a man, sign on the dotted line, and your return will be short-lived."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/6/1...n-georges-st-pierre-weidman-rockhold-mma-news

Left Hook Larry getting a little too big for his boots. Calm down there, buddeh.

Would love to see a Diaz v Bisping though.

People tend to call out guys who will give them the biggest pay days.

Lol @ any fight involving Michael Bisping being a "superfight."

It's embarrassing to see Bisping so blatantly taking a page out of Conor's playbook.

Would be GOATy if GSP comes back just to win the MW belt then leave again

Yeah, fight Jones instead. Be a real man, Bisping.

Calling out the post surgery retired previous champ from the weight lass below yours... Courageous stuff, Mike.

I'm surprised Bisping didn't call out RDA first.

Try clearing out all the contenders in your division before calling out a smaller guy who's in retirement, Michael.

Bisping's too big, too good of a striker, and too mobile for GSP. GSP's style is grappling, and being one of the strongest guys at WW, ever with one of the longest reaches. He loses a ton of advantages at MW.

lose to hendo first, then you can be in all the "super fights" you want, Bisping.

"I believe there is [sic] some other people floating around in there as well, potential super fights...
GSP."

Bisping was also quick to give life to rumors that the former welterweight great might consider a UFC return for a shot at the new middleweight champ:

"It kinda has, now that you mention it," Bisping replied when asked if a superfight with GSP had been on his radar. "And I mean, just the words that you said, those words get me really excited. As you say, fighting Georges St-Pierre, the great Georges St-Pierre, and of course, for the title of 'Who has the most wins in UFC history.' That alone as a tagline, and great promotion. Of course, the numbers would be fantastic with Georges St-Pierre, he's a proven draw.

. . .

"I would certainly be open to sending Georges St-Pierre back to a movie set, because that would be a fight that I would definitely win. And if Georges St-Pierre is listening: buddy, any time just be a man, sign on the dotted line, and your return will be short-lived."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/6/1...n-georges-st-pierre-weidman-rockhold-mma-news

This is what I've been talking about! Yet someone wants to tell me that Demetrius Johnson is looking for super fights? BWAHAHAHA, I love The Count!

OMG if that point fighter finally decides to move up a weight class when the weakest champion happens to be holding the belt I will throw a fucking fit.

Where was all this fucking shit when Anderson or even Weidman/Rockhold were holding the belt? Lol

Dana CANNOT be that stupid to let GSP anywhere near the MW belt while Bisping is borrowing it.

You have to respect a guy whose this savvy. He was so professional about that call out. That's old school respectful promoting.

Love it

Back