☠ Lesnar Doesn't Like Getting Hit, Says Mir, Betting on Hunt

Do you agree with Mir?

• Total voters
Why wouldn't Mir pick against Ol' Quicktapper McPanicTap?

lesnartaps_medium.gif

Caught in a kneebar by one of the most viscous submission artists in the history of the sport. I don't see the problem here. Even then, that tap wasn't that quick.

Same with lyoto machida...doesn't react well to getting hit in the face. But nobody says that here

I've been saying the same thing but I have to give Brock credit for signing on to fight Hunt, he's showing me he's not afraid to get knocked out and he's willing to prove it. Nothing but respect for anyone willing to fight Hunt.

Guess he missed the Shane Muthafukin Carwin fight where Brock was his punching bag in the 1st round.

Well yea I agree with Mir on this one.. Brock doesn't react well to taking punches especially to the face and same thing for when you put high pressure on him that is maybe his biggest weakness that we saw from him so far. Maybe along side his weak striking, looks very awkward, in his defense those big ass arms of his aren't made for fine, crisp boxing that's for sure.

"But he just turns his face away from adversity."

Also this note here is funny as hell when it comes from Mir aka turn the back of your head and punch me there maybe the ref saves me.. that by the way worked a few times to his credit but haha alright.

Caught in a kneebar by one of the most viscous submission artists in the history of the sport. I don't see the problem here. Even then, that tap wasn't that quick.

That's slow-mo. Though I will concede that it was nowhere near as fast as the lightspeed tappin' skills of Alex Gustafsson.

Yeah man, those guys are throwing BOMBS. Eat your heart out Carwin.

Firstly, that doesn't refute by retort to the "nobody likes to get hit" comment. It wasn't Carwin-specific. Secondly:

hendricks_koing_kampmann_dead.gif
hendricks_koing_fitch_dead.gif

Yeah, that guy's got pillowfists.

We all know that Lesnar doesn't react well to being hit. I guess the real question is if Lesnar manages to get the fight to the ground before Hunt lands a bomb on him.

"He doesn't like to be hit," Mir said of Lesnar. "Not that anybody likes to be hit, but Brock for whatever reason has shown much more of a dramatic response to the negativity of those shots. To the point where he's not asleep, it isn't like he got knocked out, he's not getting dropped, but he just turns his face away from adversity. That's a bad thing when fighting Mark Hunt, who again I think is one of the hardest punchers in the division."

. . .

"I'm betting on Mark," Mir said. "He's been in there more consistently the last couple of years against really game opponents. I think that once their strengths match up against each other, it's a hard takedown. You've never really seen anybody come through and just blast Mark onto his butt in the first minute or two of a match."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/8...k-hunt-because-brock-lesnar-doesnt-like-to-be

Agreed.

Everyone knows this is how you're supposed to respond to being punched in the face:

14b4aic1.jpg

It be fair to say by mir but....mir is a salty fuck who with his ego can't believe he ever lost to wwe guy.

Brock has a solid ass chin. If he didn't panic, he would be even more dangerous.

True, but unlike Brock, he doesn't turtle up when he is hit, when he's hurt he can still grab a hold of a submission and get the finish.

And once again, just for good measure:

14b4aic1.jpg

Great analysis as always from Mir although of course there has to be some suspicion of bias in there as well. But what he said checks out, at the same time. So there it is, you know?

I say again as I find myself doing often: Mir should be commentating for the UFC.

brockpostfight_crop_exact.jpg
Saids this guy. o_Oo_O

If he hadn't gone for the flying knee in the second round against Brock, he very well could have stopped him. Brock looked like he was about to go into to turtle shell mode.

UFC100-LesnarMir-9.gif~c200

Doesn't matter whether Lesnar likes to get hit or not in this fight. It's not like Hunt is a volume puncher who will overwhelm him. If Lesnar gets hit clean he won't even know he got hit.

Back