☠ "Kick That Knee ☠ Break that Leg" ☠ (Danielle Nickerson Cornering Mike Perry)

Worst corner advice in UFC history?

• Total voters
Not bad advice if Perry could actually throw good leg kicks. He needed to slow his opponent down so he could catch up to him and land the big stuff.

that was good advice. he wasnt working his way in with his hands, and when he kicked, it landed

best advice would be to tell him to grind him out against the cage or get a takedown. but hes not that kind of fighter.

Halfway through round 2 it was clear Perry would need a hail mary knockout to win. Not the most unlikely thing in the world, but less likely unless he switched up his gameplan. Because what he was doing against Griffin simply wasn’t working. The broadcast then cut to Perry’s corner to see what sage advice they’d offer their fighter. From there his girlfriend screamed out the useful instructions “KICK THE KNEE! BREAK THAT LEG!”

To say folks on Twitter found her cornering unhelpful would be an understatement.

Cont...

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/2/24/17049464/ufc-orlando-platinum-mike-perry-girlfriend-break-his-leg

Tennis, anyone?

Nickerson Statement

“The fight game is a tough one, but you are relentless and can achieve whatever you put your mind to. In order to perform on the highest level everything must fall in place and last night some things didn’t [because you didn't break his knee or leg as advised]. No matter the outcome I will always be proud of you and believe in your [non-breaking] abilities, and you will forever be my favorite fighter. You have been given a divine talent that I know you won’t let go to waste. Next one's the best one @platinummikeperry love you” – Danielle Nickerson

any corner where you have your freaken girlfriend giving you instructions, you know you should switch camps....Perry isn't evolving...he's just a brawler...no technique whatsoever...why is his girlfriend in his corner? Perry needs to go to a good camp...good corner MEN...not chicks...

"kick his knee"

"Break his leg "

why not

"break his break "

"fack his ass " ?

giphy.gif

I'm not what you would call a Perry fan but I like that he comes to fight.

My interpretation of his girlfriends advice was that when she said "break that leg" she was basically telling him to look for leg kicks and break his leg down rather than actually breaking the leg, and that advice was perfectly reasonable.

What we are seeing on sherdog is a bunch of repressed women hating virgins that are just happy to have something to bitch about, it's pathetic.

beyonce_little_penis_galore.gif

Horcher's corner sucks too. "Ya just need to get up Darrel. You just need to stand up"

"Use your retard strength" probably still takes the cake for me.

Not the worst coach ever but the Jason Miller retard strength was a classic for sure lmao

USE YOUR RETARD STRENGTH!!!! Even had joe saying retard strength over and over lmao

This isn't as bad, but it certainly qualifies for useless advice,

Barao's corner between rounds 3 and 4 of his 2nd fight with Dillashaw
"C'mon champ, win, just win!"
that is much worse than perry's g/f. At least she offered a modicum of strategy.

Back