★ Undefeated Rising Star Hype Train Monitor: Cody Garbrandt vs BW Division

Who does Cody Garbrandt beat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He breaks the top-10 rankings at #7. What is the ceiling for this kid with fists of fury?

Picked everyone cept for cruz at the moment(maybe he could with a few more wins?) faber and toss up with Dodson but I didn't select him.

I'm actually not sure if I would call him undefeated

I think he can beat Caraway and Sterling but loses to every other guy you listed

I screwed up the vote. I selected the one person he wouldnt fight, Faber. he can beat any of those fighters and then again he could get beat by a few of them depending on the circumstances.

its one of those any given sunday kind of things

People actually voted that he beats Dillinshaw or Cruz? wow...

Cruz, Dillinshaw, Faber and Dodson easily beat him.

Caraway and Sterling would probably wrestlefuck him

Mcdonald would eat him alive.

Faber because I felt like it

There is a good chance he loses to everyone less and except Caraway, Sterling and McDonald. He does not fight Faber.

Cody can do well in the division, it may take a few years to be elite. Right now he has awesome power, decent boxing and relatively good wrestling. The thing that I notice is how upright he is when he fights and when he throws he appears open.

Caraway is a weird case. He's like a BW Dunham. Everything he does looks ugly but he wins... I'd still pick Cody to knock him out with the power of a thousand lifted trucks.

Cruz, TJ, and Dodson smash him.

Lineker and McDonald would be brawls but I'd call those fights a pick em.

Assuncao could outfox him in the stand up and probably sub him.

Faber is his Brochacho and them fighting would not be Brofessional.

Sterling would fuck him up but he just lost while Cody knocked someone out so people will say it's impossible.

I voted for everyone except for Cruz, Dillashaw, and Faber.

6aa00-1.gif

Assuncao is so damn underrated. No non Cruz/Dilly BW is beating him assuming hes back in the form preinjury, and he could very well beat Dilly again.

Tough to say whether he beats any of those guys at this point. Sterling and Caraway would hold advantages on the ground. Lineker, Dodson and McDonald all have really fast, technical boxing too. Dom, TJ, Faber and Assuncao are all much more well rounded. McDonald would be the safest bet imo but like I said, really tough to say at this point. We need to see Cody against some more top 10 guys to see what he's truly made of. So far though he has been a stud, I'm expecting more quality violence from the dude.

Fuck off with hyping Cody up on Sherdog, you're gonna make him hated fast. 1st reply was already delusional "all of them" lol

This might be the fighter the Conor bandwagon fans root for now...only until he loses of course.

So what? Faber would wipe him out as well. McDonald was 22 friggin years old when he fought Faber.... Faber was 34 and had 35 fights at the time. I'd like to see them fight again.

LOL

This guy has 1 knockout win, and suddenly people think he can beat TJ Dillashaw and Dominick Cruz? Are you kidding me?

This guy has a future definitely, but Cody Garbrandt is not on the same level as these fighters, he would have his hands full against Faber (we havent seen his tdd tested) and Dodson (Faster than him)

Wow, at these polls results, you guys love hype

People actually voted that he beats Dillinshaw or Cruz? wow...

Cruz, Dillinshaw, Faber and Dodson easily beat him.

Caraway and Sterling would probably wrestlefuck him

Absolutely this

I've seen enough of Garbrandt to know that I don't want to get punched in the face by that prick. How he does against the top 5 no clue. We're about to find out though.

Back