Opinion €¥€ Let's talk about the yellow vests, and Amazon in NY €¥€

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So in celebration of week 22 of actual democracy, with 100,000's of people taking to the streets to participate in their democracy, I want to discuss what the yellow vest protests actually are, and how they are tied to Amazon not moving to NY.

It is my opinion, the yellow vest protests are about one thing. The French people are not willing to accept their social safety net being cut, while watching corporate tax breaks be put in place.

I think they could accept having their social safety net cut, and you wouldn't get these protests.

I think they could accept corporate tax breaks, and you wouldn't get these protests.

What people can't abide, is being called stupid. Being asked to accept that society should suffer so corporations won't take their jobs away.

We all know this is extortion.

This is what happened in NY with Amazon. When given the choice of tax breaks being extorted for jobs, the people of New York elected politicians to kindly tell Amazon to go fuck off.

I'm sure the people of NY would welcome Amazon and their jobs. They just aren't willing to bribe Amazon to do so.

This is a global phenomenon.

Corporations around the world have learned how to use their jobs to extort governments around the world.

The people have just woke up to the fact that they have leverage as well, and have been given the proper motivation to begin using that leverage again.

Discuss..........

I think you need to add the element of social programs being extended to massive influxes of immigrants and the fuel tax, which is largely shouldered by the working middle class, being the funding source.

I think you need to add the element of social programs being extended to massive influxes of immigrants and the fuel tax, which is largely shouldered by the working middle class, being the funding source.

Sure, asking for people to pay more taxes, while giving corporate tax breaks, and cutting the social safety net, is probably the straw that broke the camel's back.

As far as the immigration thing goes, I'm not all that familiar with France's immigration system. Do they even have a illegal immigration problem?

Is there a problem with letting in too many legal immigrants?

So in celebration of week 22 of actual democracy, with 100,000's of people taking to the streets to participate in their democracy, I want to discuss what the yellow vest protests actually are, and how they are tied to Amazon not moving to NY.

It is my opinion, the yellow vest protests are about one thing. The French people are not willing to accept their social safety net being cut, while watching corporate tax breaks be put in place.

I think they could accept having their social safety net cut, and you wouldn't get these protests.

I think they could accept corporate tax breaks, and you wouldn't get these protests.

What people can't abide, is being called stupid. Being asked to accept that society should suffer so corporations won't take their jobs away.

We all know this is extortion.

This is what happened in NY with Amazon. When given the choice of tax breaks being extorted for jobs, the people of New York elected politicians to kindly tell Amazon to go fuck off.

I'm sure the people of NY would welcome Amazon and their jobs. They just aren't willing to bribe Amazon to do so.

This is a global phenomenon.

Corporations around the world have learned how to use their jobs to extort governments around the world.

The people have just woke up to the fact that they have leverage as well, and have been given the proper motivation to begin using that leverage again.

Discuss..........

That’s not at all what’s happening in NY, they’re currently begging Amazon to reconsider after aoc fucking everything up.

The French are probably rioting cuz Paris smells like WeWe...

That’s not at all what’s happening in NY, they’re currently begging Amazon to reconsider after aoc fucking everything up.

Lol, how corporate cucked do you have to be, to defend the leftist Bezos, and his extortion?

AOC = bad
Corporate bootlicking = good

Even when the corporate bootlicking is for a leftist, who has more power than AOC has wet dreams of.

Like I, and many others have argued for a long time. Both political parties are the illussion of choice. They believe in nothing but their donor class.

Lol, how corporate cucked do you have to be, to defend the leftist Bezos, and his extortion?

The benefits to the community FAR outweigh any other issues.

Btw, I also support making these fucks pay their taxes.

The benefits to the community FAR outweigh any other issues.

Btw, I also support making these fucks pay their taxes.

Sure.

The tax breaks Washington state gave Boeing also benefits the community.

As in if Boeing took 100,000 jobs out of western Washington it would cripple the state, aka extortion.

I say if that is the game, it's time for the governments monopoly on violence to come into play.

You wanna play hardball? I sure wish the US military would show a corporation what real hardball, and real leverage looks like.

But AOC is still here.
Does nobody else get how insane that is?

It's like US eating Israel ass baffling.

But AOC is still here.
Does nobody else get how insane that is?

It's like US eating Israel ass baffling.

By all means, keep her in the limelight. She turns off voters every time she opens her mouth.

nothing says " celebrate" like a 22-week anniversary

I remember for our 22-week anniversary my wife and I went to Fiji.

Back