“You’re going to congratulate OUR way!”

why would you congratulate them for their fetish? do they deserve a participation trophy because of their sexual identity?

I like it. G+ is a good idea. A lot less work that way. I can't keep up with all the letters.

Sadly the days of keeping your head down and avoiding confrontation in the workplace (over social issues) is almost unavoidable if you work for a large public facing organization or the government.

These days, if your not jumping up and down and telling the world how woke you are, you are going to be accused of being a racist/mysogynist/homophobe etc.

Example:

HR Rep: Hey Jim, we noticed that you didn't like our LInkedIn Post on Gay Pride Month, can you do me a favor and show support for our companies commitment to social inclusion and awareness?
Jim: I don't use LinkedIn
HR Rep: What, are you telling me that you hate gays?
Jim: No, I just don't use LinkedIn
HR Rep: Are you saying that you don't think the LGBTQ community should have a platform to voice their opinions and struggles?
Jim: I just don't like using social media - I still use a BlackBerry for God's sake!
HR Rep: You have an issue with the black community now! Sorry Jim, we have to let you go. Our company can't support racist homophobes.

I work for a Corp in Canada as well but on the west coast, first BC and now Alberta, and I’ve never had any issues. Although who knows how things would be if I worked in our Ontario offices.

Ive never changed my tune, always professional and no nonsense, but respectable to people.

The women at my work who are “woke” or told me that they’re a feminist within the first few minutes of meeting them, are the same ones who have told me some wild shit, without me asking.

Working with students must be much harder though, as a lot of them are still really young and immature, and school isn’t technically a workplace for them, while it is for you.

So all the gay employees got a e-card? What? None of this makes sense anymore
Would be hilarious if you "reminded" HR to include Fred, since "he just came out of the closet a couple days ago."

When Fred's actually not gay and would be super confused that he was included

So for Pride month we were told (told) to sign an ‘e-card’ (how corny is that) to all employees who would fall under the banner of Pride.

So I simply put “to the G+ community: keep making US proud of you!”

Close to a month later I get a call by my manager and HR to explain to them what “G+” means. So I say “it’s in reference to that ‘community’… what else could it mean?”

They asked why I plussed the LB&T. I said “I bet it can get lonely being a ‘two-spiriter’ and whatever else gets lumped in the +. Who wouldn’t want more company?”

That’s apparently not the answer they wanted.
I see nothing wrong at all labeling that… ahem…. Community as the G+ community. This only increases the solidarity amongst the other plussers
Tell them you left your message in the toilets with your phone number

So for Pride month we were told (told) to sign an ‘e-card’ (how corny is that) to all employees who would fall under the banner of Pride.

Close to a month later I get a call by my manager and HR to explain to them what “G+” means. So I say “it’s in reference to that ‘community’… what else could it mean?”

They asked why I plussed the LB&T. I said “I bet it can get lonely being a ‘two-spiriter’ and whatever else gets lumped in the +. Who wouldn’t want more company?”

I see nothing wrong at all labeling that… ahem…. Community as the G+ community. This only increases the solidarity amongst the other plussers

God damn the inclusive/diversity shit you have to put up with at big companies really gets cringeful at times. The worst bit is they aren't trying to help the minorities, they're trying to make themselves look good.

I don't get it?

The company you work for takes pride in people's sexual orientation?

Good point.

You're asking for trouble and the entity your standing up to is fucking legion. Be ready to stand down or suffer negative consequence.

why would you congratulate them for their fetish? do they deserve a participation trophy because of their sexual identity?
Finally someone says what we're all thinking. I'm fuming that I've been waiting this long for a foot fetish parade

Hahah. Nice job. The G+ community and all its alphabet soup wokeness can go fuck themselves

I ignore company emails that don’t have anything to do with my actual work and have never received any pushback. I suggest you do the same.

This has always worked for me.

Back