“You’re going to congratulate OUR way!”

I+just+wanted+to+cuddle+cuddle+what+a+_416e79e394181a81e1fbb13440ad314e.jpg
mqdefault.jpg

So for Pride month we were told (told) to sign an ‘e-card’ (how corny is that) to all employees who would fall under the banner of Pride.

So I simply put “to the G+ community: keep making US proud of you!”

Close to a month later I get a call by my manager and HR to explain to them what “G+” means. So I say “it’s in reference to that ‘community’… what else could it mean?”

They asked why I plussed the LB&T. I said “I bet it can get lonely being a ‘two-spiriter’ and whatever else gets lumped in the +. Who wouldn’t want more company?”

That’s apparently not the answer they wanted.
I see nothing wrong at all labeling that… ahem…. Community as the G+ community. This only increases the solidarity amongst the other plussers

That's hilarious and I can sadly relate to the frustration of navigating the waters of social inclusion.

In all fairness, if I were your HR manager, I would have thought you were giving a shoutout to Google's failed social networking platform, not the LGBTQ+ community.

I was forced to attend sensitivity training on two separate occasions:

1) Someone reported me for referring to my students as "guys" - I literally told my class "Hey guys, can I get everyone's attention up front" and it apparently rustled jimmies
2) I refused (and still refuse) to put a preferred pronoun in my email signature (him/his). I don't care what people refer to me as - 99% of people will know I am a man based on my name and appearance, and in the 1% of times they get it wrong, I genuinely wouldn't care. I'm still fighting with HR over this, because the rule says "preferred pronoun" - if I don't have a preference, why do I have to put one in my signature? You can call me him/her/bro/boss/fam/it etc. As long as my pay cheque gets deposited each month, call me whatever you want.

That's hilarious and I can sadly relate to the frustration of navigating the waters of social inclusion.

In all fairness, if I were your HR manager, I would have thought you were giving a shoutout to Google's failed social networking platform, not the LGBTQ+ community.

I was forced to attend sensitivity training on two separate occasions:

1) Someone reported me for referring to my students as "guys" - I literally told my class "Hey guys, can I get everyone's attention up front" and it apparently rustled jimmies
2) I refused (and still refuse) to put a preferred pronoun in my email signature (him/his). I don't care what people refer to me as - 99% of people will know I am a man based on my name and appearance, and in the 1% of times they get it wrong, I genuinely wouldn't care. I'm still fighting with HR over this, because the rule says "preferred pronoun" - if I don't have a preference, why do I have to put one in my signature? You can call me him/her/bro/boss/fam/it etc. As long as my pay cheque gets deposited each month, call me whatever you want.

Imagine having to deal with this garbage, just baffling

If I'm understanding what you're saying correctly, you're kind of excluding the other groups and making the Gays the leader.
If there was a BAALI+ group that was made up of a bunch of racial groups, but I just wrote L+ community..yea, I can see people questioning it.
Why the shit would you have to "congratulate" people by their individual racial groups? Why are they asked to congratulate coworkers by their individual sexual habits for that matter?

Should of just celled them all a bunch of faeries an be done with it

I would misgender the fuck out of you until you complied.
Nice weather we're having today, isn't it, Mrs. Brampton ?
<{outtahere}>

Worlds gone mad.

What I love the most about G+ is that it completely skips over the L.

Logically, the L should be first since the abbreviation is LGBTQ.

So by going straight to the G, is like a built-in troll job for the L's. They'll be pissed as well as confused. And the L's are my favorite too, but this is just too funny to change now.

L's get skipped and everyone else gets reduced to a + sign.

And anyone who has a problem with it is a homophobe for trying to bring down the G's.

I ignore company emails that don’t have anything to do with my actual work and have never received any pushback. I suggest you do the same.

Sadly the days of keeping your head down and avoiding confrontation in the workplace (over social issues) is almost unavoidable if you work for a large public facing organization or the government.

These days, if your not jumping up and down and telling the world how woke you are, you are going to be accused of being a racist/mysogynist/homophobe etc.

Example:

HR Rep: Hey Jim, we noticed that you didn't like our LInkedIn Post on Gay Pride Month, can you do me a favor and show support for our companies commitment to social inclusion and awareness?
Jim: I don't use LinkedIn
HR Rep: What, are you telling me that you hate gays?
Jim: No, I just don't use LinkedIn
HR Rep: Are you saying that you don't think the LGBTQ community should have a platform to voice their opinions and struggles?
Jim: I just don't like using social media - I still use a BlackBerry for God's sake!
HR Rep: You have an issue with the black community now! Sorry Jim, we have to let you go. Our company can't support racist homophobes.

Deep down you are a repressed homsexual who fantasies about gavin the hr manager and you are hoping this email is a way for you to facilitate gay based sexual emails . In all honesty u shouldn't have to send anyone a card for being gay instead of a dick shaped lollipop

Excellent, we no longer have to write the entire alphabet.

What I love the most about G+ is that it completely skips over the L.

Logically, the L should be first since the abbreviation is LGBTQ.

So by going straight to the G, is like a built-in troll job for the L's. They'll be pissed as well as confused. And the L's are my favorite too, but this is just too funny to change now.

L's get skipped and everyone else gets reduced to a + sign.

And anyone who has a problem with it is a homophobe for trying to bring down the G's.
I never understood why there’s an L in the first place. Are lesbians not gay?

I never understood why there’s an L in the first place. Are lesbians not gay?
Yeah what's worse is that one is a noun and the other's an adjective.

You can say she's a lesbian but you can't say he's a gay.

In fact bisexual, trans, and questioning are all adjectives. Lesbian doesn't belong at all.

TS subconsciously fixed the grammar in that label.

Back