Social “Whatever the circumstance, health wise you are financially better off with ObamaCare" - N. Pelosi

Your argument was bogus, so his reply was more than sufficient. Obamacare helped a few, but it fucked many.

20 million more people now have health insurance, and the rate of increases have gone down. No, unless you want to ignore reality, you can;t say it hurt more people.

I agree that ACA made things better, but by just about the worst means possible: Non-poor people have plans where they have to pay thousands out of pocket.

yea, i dont like the ACA either. it affects people differently, though. If you were an underemployed person making 25k a year, you didnt have medicaid and such before ACA. you life is ruined if you get injured or seriously ill.

ill certainly concede though, that there are other healthcare plans that would likely work better for them, and everyone else too.

Does anyone take anything Democrats say seriously anymore?

Can someone please explain to me what "health wise financially" means?

i had perfectly fine health coverage before obamacare now i have no health coverage.

I was paying out of pocket for health care before Obama took office.. ~300/mo.

Now I have employer provided health care and it's like $10/w.

Can someone please explain to me what "health wise financially" means?

It means that as far as health care cost, you are now financially better. Obliviously not true in every case, but since the rate of increase was slowed by the health care law it is a true statement.

I was paying out of pocket for health care before Obama took office.. ~300/mo.

Now I have employer provided health care and it's like $10/w.

Great I was paying $80 a month before ObamaCare and now I have no health care.

Good for you buddy.

Do these Democrats actually believe this shit? What world do they live in? I can't wait for this piece of shit law Obama and the Democrats forced down our throats to be thrown in the trash.

Obamacare was another handout to illegals and people who don't pay taxes, it's the biggest wealth grab this country has seen.

This reflects a catastrophic misunderstanding of the Affordable Care Act.

The ACA isn't a "wealth grab", and it's not "another handout to illegals and people who don't pay taxes". It removed exclusionary clauses that insurance companies relied on to deny people coverage. It means insurance companies had to accept applicants for health insurance irrespective of health status or pre-existing condition. The government is not an insurance company. Meanwhile, the effect of the ACA was to reduce medicare spending (subsidies) by the government, as insurers were collecting more from individual payees.

So, to reiterate, the ACA allowed private citizens to access medical insurance, which reduced the amount of your tax dollars being spent on other people. And yet, you bought into a narrative that is categorically untrue. Here's why:

The corollary affect of the ACA was that it increased payment amounts from unions for group policies. The reason is, in the past, insurers could deny coverage if a worker had a pre-existing workplace injury, car accident, etc. You could previously be excluded from accessing health insurance if you had diabetes, hypercholesterolemia, or other conditions. The ACA removed that, meaning that group premiums rose, meaning that unions contributed more on behalf of labourers. That's why unions opposed it, that's why Republicans opposed it.

And at the end of the day, it was a huge benefit to labourers who themselves opposed it because it meant a few less dollars in their pockets per month. What a time to be alive.

20 million more people now have health insurance, and the rate of increases have gone down. No, unless you want to ignore reality, you can;t say it hurt more people.

That doesn't refute my point. Only a few of those people are ever going to need their health insurance. The rest are fucked.

That doesn't refute my point. Only a few of those people are ever going to need their health insurance. The rest are fucked.

That's BS. At some point everyone needs some type of medical treatment, and thus the need for insurance.

Thus the need for treatment. But enjoy the doubling down of an insurance based system. Very liberal of you.

Oh, a single payer system would be far better, and is inevitable. However it was not an option when the law was passed. Perhaps now it will be. However I find it more likely that we will move further from a single payer option.

Until Republicans have a legitimate plan to control actual costs of drugs and medical procedures (which they adamantly oppose price controls) they have to shut the fuck up about healthcare costs.

The price of drugs and doctors are the driver of healthcare costs and were out of control before Obamacare. Once again partisanship blinds clear thinking on an issue. And we have yet to see what the plan after Obamacare repeal looks like. I guess we can just trust these guys, HAHA!

The rhetoric before o'care-
"Man, I'm really hurting financially due to medical issues..."
"THIS IS ABHORRENT!!! NO ONE IN A FIRST WORLD COUNTRY SHOULD STRUGGLE DUE TO A POOR HEALTHCARE SYSTEM!!!!!" *spittle flying out of mouth in all directions

After o'care is passed-
"Man, I'm really hurting financially due to medical issues..."
"You're actually better off, you just don't understand how it's affecting you"
or
"Ummmm,.....well, yeah, SOME people are going to get screwed, but it's for the best. Trust me."
or
"You must not have gotten the right policy."

Anyone remember that complete shill tool that cowardly hides behind comedy and satire Jon Stewart?

After the massive bill was made this tool had Republican lady on with the massive bill in front of him and acted like it was the best thing ever, he knew what he was talking about and this lady was evil for not voting for it. The sheep ate it up too. Like the day before Pelosi said we have to sign it to see what's in it. He acted like he knew everything an d wondered why the lady didn't. He literally shamed her in front of his robot millennial audience for not be an expert on this awesome massive bill like he was.

No skin of this rich white lib elite cowards back he was born upper middle class in greedy America and wouldn't have to use that even if he wasn't a rich propaganda shill for liberals.

yea, i dont like the ACA either. it affects people differently, though. If you were an underemployed person making 25k a year, you didnt have medicaid and such before ACA. you life is ruined if you get injured or seriously ill.

ill certainly concede though, that there are other healthcare plans that would likely work better for them, and everyone else too.

It's really too bad that the Dems wasted such a great opportunity to enact something like Sanders' plan. Hopefully they've learned their lesson that Republicans are going to oppose any effort to make our healthcare system more merciful, so they might as well go all the way.

It's really too bad that the Dems wasted such a great opportunity to enact something like Sanders' plan. Hopefully they've learned their lesson that Republicans are going to oppose any effort to make our healthcare system more merciful, so they might as well go all the way.

i think obama simply felt that was what he could get. he had to give corporate interests (insurance companies) a piece of the pie, or else even the dems that they pay off in congress wouldnt be on board.

id like to see us either fully embrace socialized med, or go with a legit conservative plan. this is one situation where i think one polar opposite or the other would work pretty well.

Back