“What is school for?” Prince EA

School is now more important than ever, if you ask me. Knowledge needs to be standardized and reliance on google for access to everything you need to know is a slippery slope.
If we don't make standardize knowledge, we'll end up with more people who will believe the earth is flat, that vaccines cause autism and that Epstein killed himself.

It is also about social skills, discussions, different points of view, etc. School is also a place to find girls and get laid.

This is what it boils down to. I would probably still be a virgin with no friends if not for high school and college.

These threads are the worst. But to be fair I have been indoctrinated in liberal Engineering. They taught us how to design liberal I-Beams, liberal pavement, liberal retaining walls, and liberal turbine blades.

I just hire random guys to do that shit now. Fuck school. If you can hammer a nail, you can pretty much design a suspension bridge.

I said fuck school and quit in 9th grade....now I'm a homeless drunk. School is useless.

School is now more important than ever, if you ask me. Knowledge needs to be standardized and reliance on google for access to everything you need to know is a slippery slope.
If we don't make standardize knowledge, we'll end up with more people who will believe the earth is flat, that vaccines cause autism and that Epstein killed himself.
I've also noticed a lot of people do not retain knowledge anymore because they can just google the answers to everything. I've had conversations with others before and they are always whipping out their phone looking up information that they should otherwise know sadly

Standardized testing probably needs to be removed. No more homework either.
This would be a disaster..

How can you compare students from different schools without standardized testing?
(It would lead to employers and colleges treating students with diplomas from bad school the same as students with no diploma.)

How can students master concepts without working on them outside of school?
(School has just enough time to introduce concepts. To actually learn them takes practice outside of school.)

That's a recipe for a bunch of "A" students with F level knowledge and mastery.

Kids should learn all the stuff they have in school but also life management skills, work experience/volunteering and if possible an after school/weekend job.

https://wesjones.com/gatto1.htm
Good long read at the link

"....Do we really need school? I don't mean education, just forced schooling: six classes a day, five days a week, nine months a year, for twelve years. Is this deadly routine really necessary? And if so, for what? Don't hide behind reading, writing, and arithmetic as a rationale, because 2 million happy homeschoolers have surely put that banal justification to rest. Even if they hadn't, a considerable number of well-known Americans never went through the twelve-year wringer our kids currently go through, and they turned out all right. George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln? Someone taught them, to be sure, but they were not products of a school system, and not one of them was ever "graduated" from a secondary school. Throughout most of American history, kids generally didn't go to high school, yet the unschooled rose to be admirals, like Farragut; inventors, like Edison; captains of industry, like Carnegie and Rockefeller; writers, like Melville and Twain and Conrad; and even scholars, like Margaret Mead. In fact, until pretty recently people who reached the age of thirteen weren't looked upon as children at all. Ariel Durant, who co-wrote an enormous, and very good, multivolume history of the world with her husband, Will, was happily married at fifteen, and who could reasonably claim that Ariel Durant was an uneducated person? Unschooled, perhaps, but not uneducated.

We have been taught (that is, schooled) in this country to think of "success" as synonymous with, or at least dependent upon, "schooling," but historically that isn't true in either an intellectual or a financial sense. And plenty of people throughout the world today find a way to educate themselves without resorting to a system of compulsory secondary schools that all too often resemble prisons. Why, then, do Americans confuse education with just such a system? What exactly is the purpose of our public schools?

Mass schooling of a compulsory nature really got its teeth into the United States between 1905 and 1915, though it was conceived of much earlier and pushed for throughout most of the nineteenth century. The reason given for this enormous upheaval of family life and cultural traditions was, roughly speaking, threefold:
1) To make good people.
2) To make good citizens.
3) To make each person his or her personal best."

School is a necessity for a productive society. Now the structure and methods of school/education could use a major overhaul but doing away with it all together is not a good idea.

Best answer in this thread was go hangout with some high school dropouts. You will see.

I do feel we should separate problem children from the ones that are behaving and keeping up with their school work.

I just think they should take away names like "honors students", it should be given a meaningless label like, schminglehopzits. Then the tradesmen should be smamoobles, and other people could be called dingderfers.

You learn basic stuff until 6th grade, then take a couple years finding out what types of lives people have, and the pros/cons, then they can elect to take further courses or go to work.

Also, parents can sign up for a lottery to have the privilege to teach their kids a bunch of high level shit at a young age so they get their PHD at 17, the amount which is decided by projected jobs needed in those fields.

Then every year at the beginning of summer, everyone lines up and takes turns throwing pies at each others faces to take the piss out of all of them and make them realize everyone is about average. Anyone who isn't laughing has to go on pills or is tickled until crying. Anyone who is caught fake laughing has to become a janitor for no less than 2 years.

The emphasis on everyone going to college is unsustainable, and ends up with a lot of strife I think we could do without. People blame themselves or their living situations when really they're just another statistic, they just don't realize it.

Last edited:
Instead of bitching about how useless school is, do something to reform and introduce new subjects. Slam poetry isn't good enough, and neither is the "I just don't remember what I learned" nonsense.

The video made better points than I was expecting.

The school system has a lot of catching up to do.

That said, in the absence of some other productive path forward in life, staying in education is still the best option.

This would be a disaster..

How can you compare students from different schools without standardized testing?
(It would lead to employers and colleges treating students with diplomas from bad school the same as students with no diploma.)

How can students master concepts without working on them outside of school?
(School has just enough time to introduce concepts. To actually learn them takes practice outside of school.)

That's a recipe for a bunch of "A" students with F level knowledge and mastery.
I think he meant where the primary focus is the test scores of the school. It is a problem. My wife is a teacher and it annoys the hell out of her having to focus so much on these tests. Certain tests are necessary, but the primary focus shouldn't be on a few set tests.

Prince EA is a fraud who filed as a rapper and decided to pedal faux deep shit to the masses as it was far easier and requires less skill.

i would have loved school if only they would have let me smoke weed in class.

...instead i had to skip class to smoke weed at the park.

The school police and admins told me i was headed no where... Now i own a weed farm and make more money than they could dream of.

the only things school was good for were meeting girls and selling weed.

School just didn’t work for me when I was younger with the stuff I was dealing with. Sometimes the school environment just doesn’t work for people. However being educated is important to me and I also have high goals and the only way to achieve those goals is via education. So I am privately on my way to finishing school so to speak, and then I will go to university and get my dream job.

The problem is that people who drop out end up giving up. It’s completely understandable but there is usually a way to achieve your goal if you’re willing to make some sacrifices and willing to figure things out for yourself. There doesn’t seem to be much help for dropouts and things can get very confusing when you try and research ways to turn it around. Or you simply just aim for a regular job, which is fine, but just because you dropped out it doesn’t mean you can’t go back and put some work in and then achieve as much as anybody else can.

If I make it to where I want to in my life I would love to try and inspire some fellow down and out kids and show them that you really can make it to the top. Maybe start some kind of program or visit some kids. Some dropouts will simply never care about education and having a good career though.

Back