“What is school for?” Prince EA

Street smarts will heal you, bra.

Those are the same dummies that espouse medical advice on Facebook. "Wanna get rid of cancer? A teaspoon of apple cider vinegar a day should do the trick!"

This all day long....

Go hang around with some highschool dropouts and you’ll see why school is important.
All the high school dropouts i know make over 6 figures running construction companies

Wasn't school originally conceived to indoctrinate children into the joys of sitting still, following orders and learning boring shit by rote in order to prepare them for lives of factory work?
I love how everyone says this bullshit about factories. Drillers are killers get over it. It takes consistent drilling to learn.

None of the highschool drop outs I know do shit. So....
In all fairness just talking to them they are obviously a bit under educated but they're also living good lives.

Wasn't school originally conceived to indoctrinate children into the joys of sitting still, following orders and learning boring shit by rote in order to prepare them for lives of factory work?

No.

For those that say school is useless, let's pretend you have a life threatening medical issue.

In order to fix said issue, you have two options;

1. A guy with a PHD in said area
2. A guy with zero schooling

Would anyone honestly choose option 2?

But that is a very specific kind of schooling, and different level of schooling. Not all schooling is the same. Most schooling is not as rigorous, and thoroughly vetted as medical schools.

I remember my children always having female teachers at infants/kindergarten . The last year of my son's infant school they hired an obviously gay male teacher to teach the reception year/youngest kids coming in.

The mothers there absolutely hated the idea of having a male teacher around their children. I couldn't care a whit. The women were horrible about him though, seemed to think he must be some sort of pervert and kiddy fiddler.

Maybe they saw something in him that you didn't.

I'd be far less trusting of a gay (male or female) in that situation as well. They molest at a higher rate. Is what it is.

Standardized testing probably needs to be removed.

Most school including most of Unis dont have much standardized tests. In HS, there is basically the one big standardized test, the SAT/ACT, yet your HS does not really prep you for it.

Our HS has its own tests made up by teachers, and faculty, with blessing of local school boards. This is a system that essentially becomes an ole boy network. There is a lot of corruption in that. Uni is the same way for the most part. I guess until you get to Masters or PHd, nothing is peer reviewed. So you professor can curb your grade any way he wants. He can give higher marks to his pets, and whoever he likes. No one will know. Everything is at his/her discretion.

We actually need more standardization. We need more peer review at all levels to ensure meritocracy. We need to make each and every student literally compete against each and every other student. That is only way to ensure merit gets to the top, and not favoritism.

Have you ever met someone that didn’t finish school? That will answer any questions.

Early in my undergrad years I remember hearing that a bachelor's is a pretty generic degree that acts more as a filter than it gives many specific skills that you'll use in your professional career (with a few exceptions in things like engineering, accounting, etc.) Instead, it just teaches you things like punctuality, diligence, proper grammar, respect for timelines, etc.

I couldn't understand how that could be the case until I started working myself. The difference between those who've gotten bachelor's and those that only have a high school degree is pretty noticeable.

I got a few friends that dropped out of college and work in blue collar jobs and the stories they tell me are just shocking. College really is a good filter.

But that is a very specific kind of schooling, and different level of schooling. Not all schooling is the same. Most schooling is not as rigorous, and thoroughly vetted as medical schools.

If you go to school for a specific area of study, you will be more knowledgeable in that specific area of study than someone that did not.

Most school including most of Unis dont have much standardized tests. In HS, there is basically the one big standardized test, the SAT/ACT, yet your HS does not really prep you for it.

Our HS has its own tests made up by teachers, and faculty, with blessing of local school boards. This is a system that essentially becomes an ole boy network. There is a lot of corruption in that. Uni is the same way for the most part. I guess until you get to Masters or PHd, nothing is peer reviewed. So you professor can curb your grade any way he wants. He can give higher marks to his pets, and whoever he likes. No one will know. Everything is at his/her discretion.

We actually need more standardization. We need more peer review at all levels to ensure meritocracy. We need to make each and every student literally compete against each and every other student. That is only way to ensure merit gets to the top, and not favoritism.

When I was in school the problem was that teachers were overwhelmed with too many students. Funding was based on end of grade test scores that were assessments of the entire year's curriculum (standardized). Subsequently, if multiple students were falling behind and had bad grades/scores, the teachers and administrators would be inclined to curve their grade to a passing mark to ensure the superintendent of the school district didn't cut into their funding.

Competency in whatever particular subject for the student was tossed aside in favor of covering the asses of the adults who needed their jobs. Education took a backseat.

In math this is especially damaging, as it's about building blocks of knowledge. If you sucked at arithmetic in 5th grade but were sent on to middle school, the problem would scale to the point where you'd be shit by the time you take the SAT. And that's if you managed to pass the required core classes in high school without obliterating your GPA in the process.

This is the fallout of the "No Child Left Behind" policy of W Bush in the 2000s. The focus for the students became just passing at all costs, even that of actually learning. We'd just memorize BS and promptly forget it after mustering whatever grade we could. It's like the OP's video said sadly. So I respectfully disagree, though I see the problems that would arise based on what you shared.

When I was in school the problem was that teachers were overwhelmed with too many students. Funding was based on end of grade test scores that were assessments of the entire year's curriculum (standardized). Subsequently, if multiple students were falling behind and had bad grades/scores, the teachers and administrators would be inclined to curve their grade to a passing mark to ensure the superintendent of the school district didn't cut into their funding.

Competency in whatever particular subject for the student was tossed aside in favor of covering the asses of the adults who needed their jobs. Education took a backseat.

In math this is especially damaging, as it's about building blocks of knowledge. If you sucked at arithmetic in 5th grade but were sent on to middle school, the problem would scale to the point where you'd be shit by the time you take the SAT. And that's if you managed to pass the required core classes in high school without obliterating your GPA in the process.

This is the fallout of the "No Child Left Behind" policy of W Bush in the 2000s. The focus for the students became just passing at all costs, even that of actually learning. We'd just memorize BS and promptly forget it after mustering whatever grade we could. It's like the OP's video said sadly. So I respectfully disagree, though I see the problems that would arise based on what you shared.

Is the end of the year test that your are speaking of created by an outside entity, that is not the school itself, and who grades it? When I mean standardized, I mean a test, and grading done by third party that everyone will have to pass. This way, there is no curbing, no favoritism by the local teaching establishment. It is not controlled by the local establishment. If you really dont know anything you will fail this, and everyone will know (including outside your locale), and you should not be allowed to move on. That is what I mean by more standardization. It becomes much harder to fall through the cracks because the evidence is all out there.

If the No Child Left over policy was implemented but with much stricter, and exacting demands especially in testing/grading, then these children will get the correct prepping they needed. The teachers wont be able to cover their own asses.

Early in my undergrad years I remember hearing that a bachelor's is a pretty generic degree that acts more as a filter than it gives many specific skills that you'll use in your professional career (with a few exceptions in things like engineering, accounting, etc.) Instead, it just teaches you things like punctuality, diligence, proper grammar, respect for timelines, etc.

I couldn't understand how that could be the case until I started working myself. The difference between those who've gotten bachelor's and those that only have a high school degree is pretty noticeable.

I got a few friends that dropped out of college and work in blue collar jobs and the stories they tell me are just shocking. College really is a good filter.

That's almost certainly primarily an effect of selection rather than education. Like only recruiting natural athletes with a proven junior record to a sport team; it's not the team that's making them good.
People who fall under a certain threshold of intelligence and diligence either don't apply, get rejected or more likely, self-select out by dropping out when they can't keep up. A bachelor's just slightly irons out the people who had potential, but they were likely to do relatively well in whatever they did anyway. I don't want to oversell uni students though, there's a lot of dumbasses, especially in programs that don't limit admission.

School could work really well if 75%+ of the teachers weren't a bunch of libtard commies.

School is just Liberal indoctrination these days. I don't see the point in learning about 76 genders, social justice, and why white people are the devil.
7816685009b526a0af9fda874d9a63bc--server-life-life-advice.jpg

yeah grade 10 alegbra is definitely the result of and a continuation of a liberal agenda

Back