Opinion “We just don’t expect temps to be below 10 degrees Fahrenheit in Duluth anymore" - Climate Professor

The climate changes on cycles of thousands and hundreds of thousands and millions of years. Human impact on climate change can't be verified to be having any impact on climate and temperatures because there are a million other variables involved. The gradual increasing temperature of the sun takes thousands of years to affect the Earth's temperature so I believe human impact would take a very long time too. Definitely wouldn't be verifiable in our lifetimes. The temperature is on an increase for a myriad of reasons, not because of humans. Global warming is a propaganda campaign to increase taxes, this is obvious.

Meanwhile, this is the warmest winter on record. Again.

Lol. I'm sure the earth is warming on the whole and I'm sure human activity contributes a non-trivial amount to it. However, I look at every prediction of "if we don't cut emissions by 50% this year, earth will have a climate like Venus in 100 years!" and bullshit like that with the same skepticism I do claims of cold fusion or room-temperature super conductors, or theories of quantum gravity. One day, someone will figure out to model the climate accurately, but it won't be Professor Bumfuck at <Insert State> University.

Last edited:
Didn't it end up being just one of the warmest, like, the 6th or something, and it was only the pre-February accounts which predicted that it might be the warmest? Just want to clarify, since misreporting things like this is red meat for the crowd that likes to bellow about "climate change alarmism".

I live in southern Wisconsin and we've had only two real significant snowfalls. Can't really remember a winter when that happened. Should save us a ton of money in the local budget and allow more roads to be repaired (ok yea that last part isn't happening)

Didn't it end up being just one of the warmest, like, the 6th or something, and it was only the pre-February accounts which predicted that it might be the warmest? Just want to clarify, since misreporting things like this is red meat for the crowd that likes to bellow about "climate change alarmism".
You're right, I hadn't looked at February, which brought it down off pace from first to the fifth or sixth.

The trouble is, there are few ways for an economy to deliver a high quality of life on a low footprint, and many more ways to do so at least in the short-med term on a high footprint.
Yeah that was what I was getting at in my post, Cuba is only sustainable due to limitations imposed on it like the embargo.

You're right, I hadn't looked at February, which brought it down off pace from first to the fifth or sixth.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Still troubling, with how many top 10's we've had in such a short time period.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Still troubling, with how many top 10's we've had in such a short time period.
It is troubling how closely packed these record years are, and thanks for pointing out the error.

I live in southern Wisconsin and we've had only two real significant snowfalls. Can't really remember a winter when that happened. Should save us a ton of money in the local budget and allow more roads to be repaired (ok yea that last part isn't happening)

I live in ND and the only snow we have right now is in the tree rows, there's nothing in the open. Hell, it rained today.

The climate changes on cycles of thousands and hundreds of thousands and millions of years. Human impact on climate change can't be verified to be having any impact on climate and temperatures because there are a million other variables involved. The gradual increasing temperature of the sun takes thousands of years to affect the Earth's temperature so I believe human impact would take a very long time too. Definitely wouldn't be verifiable in our lifetimes. The temperature is on an increase for a myriad of reasons, not because of humans. Global warming is a propaganda campaign to increase taxes, this is obvious.

I'm really curious about this, we know it's not the sun causing the increase in temperature so what are the other myriad of reasons the earth has warmed?

I'm really curious about this, we know it's not the sun causing the increase in temperature so what are the other myriad of reasons the earth has warmed?
Cooked data is probably the biggest one... ;)

Don't pretend like you think they may actually have something here vs parroting something they that heard once or they think sounds ok with no understanding of the issue

I am in the Northern MidWest by the Great Lakes. This year has been unusually warm. It was 54 today, which is not typical. I looked at the Duluth 10 day forecast, and it does look unusually warm.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/...47f73a5a5c720a2b226fdf5925bf7519305ae38f6c8d3

Here is the average temps for Feb from 2000
http://climateapps.dnr.state.mn.us/doc/journal/dlh2000.htm

And the average temps in 2015
https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa/duluth/historic?month=2&year=2015
My back is loving it no shoveling.

I think I'm going to start slapping people with cards for empty necrobumps without any recent event or update to justify it.
Some sort of dickhead trend that was started in Mayberry.

I think I'm going to start slapping people with cards for empty necrobumps without any recent event or update to justify it.
Some sort of dickhead trend that was started in Mayberry.
Please do.

Don't pretend like you think they may actually have something here vs parroting something they that heard once or they think sounds ok with no understanding of the issue

LOL Mostly rhetorical but I really do want to know what they'll say.

I’ve rode snowmobiles on frozen rivers in Michigan every year since like 1995. This year, the river did not freeze enough to be safe for snowmobiles. This is one of the warmest winters I recall.

Back