Opinion “We just don’t expect temps to be below 10 degrees Fahrenheit in Duluth anymore" - Climate Professor

I don't deny. I just don't fuckin care. What does it matter to me if I'm dead? And they need to stop being alarmist. It is annoying. It has become a moral imperative and that is not compatible with science. People think humanity should go on and that clouds their view of the situation. It is biased.
This made me lol for few reasons,one because the alarmist won’t stfu 24/7 ..most of whom probably don’t have a fucking clue about living somewhere that 6 months of the year you need a bloody furnace to live. You say it’s too hot where you are well come here for a year I bet you won’t bitch about a degree warmer here or there. They don’t get that mankind isn’t here for the long haul ..

Humanity is like a morbidly obese person. They say they are gonna die if they don't do certain things. They commit to these climate agreements and then fall short. Every time. Humanity is not serious about solving climate change anymore than this fat fuck on my TV is gonna lose weight. It isn't going to happen.

Humanity is like a morbidly obese person. They say they are gonna die if they don't do certain things. They commit to these climate agreements and then fall short. Every time. Humanity is not serious about solving climate change anymore than this fat fuck on my TV is gonna lose weight. It isn't going to happen.

I think this is a separate discussion altogether though.

I think this is a separate discussion altogether though.

It is more important than debating whether Climate Change is happening. The fact is that governments are not doing what they committed to. That is a fact. People need to be reminded that most of these smug people aren't doing what they promised. This actually makes the US better in a sense. We may not be reducing emissions but we didn't promise to.

It is more important than debating whether Climate Change is happening. The fact is that governments are not doing what they committed to. That is a fact. People need to be reminded that most of these smug people aren't doing what they promised. This actually makes the US better in a sense. We may not be reducing emissions but we didn't promise to.
Probably because they know that crushing the economy is far more harmful than some co2 nobody notices. The earth will change and we will either change with it or vanish and let the animals have it back,I’m good with either.

I would actually gladly have a discussion regarding what to do about climate change (could e.g. be to prepare for the domestic impact rather than enter international agreements - even though I'd personally disagree) instead of debating the if. The if is settled. The question that is open is whether humanity can actually do something about it if it wanted to and well, whether we as a species are capable of actually committing and not cheating.

It would certainly be a more honest discussion. One about political measures (or conscious non-measures) rather than debating the basic facts.

Dude cry me a fucking river.
So I take it you have no evidence for all the unfounded claims you posted? Okay, glad we reached an agreement.

Or you can try using some more uncreative insults to avoid admitting you were incorrect.

AND...
As I said before, I'll end up having to correct strawman arguments and logical fallacies rather than debate with evidence.

This is why America needs to take its wall money and spend it on scientific education.

Holy shit, I can predict the future!

Is it possible that people will ever understand that weather and climate are not the same thing? Or more accurately, will people who know better ever stop being dishonest hacks and pretending that they are the same?

No way, dude.

Ignorance is badass!

donald-trump-idiot-dope-national-security.jpg

It's funny how the media interprets weather as climate when it's convenient. Climate change is the earth warming 0.X degrees over a period of time. An anecdotal instance of a hurricane isn't climate change. A cold snap isn't climate change. The whole point of the concept of climate is these individual data points are ignored in favour of the big picture over a large sample size of data points and over several years and decades.

So I take it you have no evidence for all the unfounded claims you posted? Okay, glad we reached an agreement.

Or you can try using some more insults to avoid admitting you were incorrect.
That wasn’t and insult,it was a request. If you don’t know the difference perhaps I’m conversing with the wrong person. You can throw all the links you want I don’t need them. Climate alarmist like yourself always tout the same shit without looking at what the planet was before man. I have news for you the earths climate would always be shifting and changing regardless of our existence or behaviour. Until you can acknowledge that we have nothing else to say.

Link one scientist who gives a reason why we are heating up the planet faster than how it was heated up a million years in the past. Here’s a thought you might find interesting other than for catastrophic events mankind wouldn’t even be here in the first place,I’m not going to fret to death over what ifs. What’s you magic solution carbon taxes and electric cars ? And what does that buy the us? Years decades ? I find it funny the some people who say man is ruining the earth are the very same not worried we are overpopulated and running out of food and places to grow it faster than the planet is warming. The best solution that would help the planet the fastest is for us to stop reproducing like fucking rabbits.
https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/150/Red-Herring
https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/169/Strawman-Fallacy

Okay, I take it back. It was somewhat entertaining to read this jumbled train of thought.

I agree with your first sentence in principle, but it's a problem for all of us when people in positions of power to do something about it deny its existence and many of the citizens who could put pressure on them are uneducated.

That wasn’t and insult,it was a request. If you don’t know the difference perhaps I’m conversing with the wrong person. You can throw all the links you want I don’t need them. Climate alarmist like yourself always tout the same shit without looking at what the planet was before man. I have news for you the earths climate would always be shifting and changing regardless of our existence or behaviour. Until you can acknowledge that we have nothing else to say.
iu

You haven’t addressed a single point I made and your sources are opinion piece crap.
"There are just as many scientists saying made made climate change is bs"
-Dude smoking dat 209 kush

Let's get back on topic, shall we?

It's funny how TS doesn't know the difference between climate and weather, and apparently can't read any of the 800,000,000 charts showing a clear pattern pertaining to global temperatures.
There are those who argue over causes, ok, fine with that. And then there are people like the TS (way too many), who believe the planet isn't warming.

Will-Ferrell-Thats-dumb.gif

I guess this is the weekly, "It's cold outside, so there's no climate change!" thread. If you guys don't yet understand how silly this is, there's really no way that anybody could ever explain it to you.

The professor was going by the data presented in the article that shows a drastic drop in "extreme weather" days in that state. They've been dropping for 90 years. It's all in the article, and it's really easy to understand.
Keep trying to dance around the truth.

It is 15 below as I type this.

The professor was going by the data presented in the article that shows a drastic drop in "extreme weather" days in that state. They've been dropping for 90 years. It's all in the article, and it's really easy to understand.

Wait what?

I thought the crux of climate change, since they stopped calling it global warming directly, was that we get more and more extreme weather now? I was also hearing that (and Madmick has some links) for why we're getting all time record low Temps recorded in the Midwest this week.

That was what they were saying during hurricane season. Now you're saying scientists say it's the opposite and weather is mellowing out?

It's funny how TS doesn't know the difference between climate and weather, and apparently can't read any of the 800,000,000 charts showing a clear pattern pertaining to global temperatures.

Stop drinking the globalist coolaid.
Nobody can positively say if ocean rise is manmade or there are other natural factors in play such as volcanic eruptions, and a goddamn active volcano beneath the arctic.

Before nodding like a parrot, see who would benefit from this type of con and how does the "global warming" initiative impact US vs other countries that aren't doing anything to reduce their emissions.

https://phys.org/news/2018-06-volcanic-source-major-antarctic-glacier.html
https://weather.com/news/climate/news/2017-10-25-arctic-sea-ice-volcanic-eruption-trigger-melting

Back