Opinion “We just don’t expect temps to be below 10 degrees Fahrenheit in Duluth anymore" - Climate Professor

Whippy McGee

Surf 4 Life
@Steel
Reaction score
http://www.startribune.com/u-scient...he-nation-s-fastest-warming-states/504398862/

The state’s famous winters are warming 13 times faster than its summers, said Tracy Twine, an associate professor in the University of Minnesota’s Department of Soil, Water and Climate.

“We just don’t expect temperatures to be below 10 degrees Fahrenheit in Duluth anymore,” Twine said.

=================================================================

That gem of a story was just run 14 days ago in the ever so Leftist Star Tribune out of Minnesota.

It's funny to see the front page of their website today.

28705f6f754bf45fcd47d2f6d8b8c937-full.jpg

Next up! Global Warming caused all this cold!

You can't make this shit up.... and here is the current weather outlook.

Diluth-Weather.jpg

What's funny is that people like him say stuff like that all the time - make predictions about snow and cold weather and hot summers. And they say "well, what do you feel". But then they are always hostile to anyone who makes those arguments going the other way.

Has anyone taken and averaged climate temperatures reported by the news over the decades and compared them instead of just relying on scientists hired to deal with this problem come up with their own temperature readings?

Global warming is a hoax made up by the Chinese.
<TheDonald>

Uh oh. You'd better bring a snowball to your local congress person to prove that it is, in fact, cold outside.

Last edited:
It's funny how TS doesn't know the difference between climate and weather, and apparently can't read any of the 800,000,000 charts showing a clear pattern pertaining to global temperatures.

It's funny how TS doesn't know the difference between climate and weather, and apparently can't read any of the 800,000,000 charts showing a clear pattern pertaining to global temperatures.
While I can agree....

"professors" like this should get called out for being Prof Farnsworth with their idiotic predictions.

A bit circumstantial, but when the family lived in Anchorage you could really see a lot of the glacial recession and there are a lot of times the temperatures were far, far above average and snowfall has severely diminished. Climate change is complicated, however, as a key area of cold air migration Alaska has seen a lot of trouble.

Why on earth would anyone want to live in the uppermidwest?

Holy shit an associate professor was wrong? Guess that's it for climate change then. 100% hoax

"One outlier destroys the whole trend!!!"

It’s -48 today where I live with the windchill. I guess it’s better than the -75 it used to be when there was a sheet of ice a thousands of feet thick right where I’m standing,I wonder how many cars and factories it took to melt that ice.....stfu with this man made climate disaster crap.

The professor doesn't seem to know the difference between climate and weather, either.

I guess this is the weekly, "It's cold outside, so there's no climate change!" thread. If you guys don't yet understand how silly this is, there's really no way that anybody could ever explain it to you.

The professor doesn't seem to know the difference between climate and weather, either.

The professor was going by the data presented in the article that shows a drastic drop in "extreme weather" days in that state. They've been dropping for 90 years. It's all in the article, and it's really easy to understand.

Shit like this is why I can't take a lot of the AOC/Al Gore type "we'll be dead in 12 years cause of climate change" or "we'll be underwater by 2010 (or whatever year)" like Al Gore said.

Just give me some graphs/charts and trends you motherfuckers.

While I can agree....

"professors" like this should get called out for being Prof Farnsworth with their idiotic predictions.
Talk bad about the guy who thought up the Fing-longer again and see what happens to ya

I guess this is the weekly, "It's cold outside, so there's no climate change!" thread. If you guys don't yet understand how silly this is, there's really no way that anybody could ever explain it to you.

The professor was going by the data presented in the article that shows a drastic drop in "extreme weather" days in that state. They've been dropping for 90 years. It's all in the article, and it's really easy to understand.
Why the fuck won’t you idiots just admit it used to be a whole lot colder and warmer long before man was around,I guess that doesn’t fit the narrative eh.

Back