“They do the jobs nobody else wants to do” is a BS argument

When I was in high school I TRIED to get a fruit picking job... couldn't get one. Was very frustrating.

Where are you from and how much were they paying? It seems pretty unanimous among farmers that it is very difficult to find seasonal workers. I'm sure it depends on the area to some extent though. But for $100 a day, you'd expect every hard working high school kid in the area to be knocking on their door.

lol @ acting like Republicans aren't benefiting from cheap labor just as much as Democrats.

Looking for cheap labor is a necessity of capitalism. Wanna stop looking for cheap labor? Go the Soviet Union route.

Notice how the Soviet Union underwent extremely rapid development in a couple of decades without importing workers.

(And thus, right-wing communists are born)

Where are you from and how much were they paying? It seems pretty unanimous among farmers that it is very difficult to find seasonal workers. I'm sure it depends on the area to some extent though. But for $100 a day, you'd expect every hard working high school kid in the area to be knocking on their door.
Northwest Washington where we grow the majority of the raspberries that go into like Smucker's jam and shit.

It’s not just the pay. The actual wage is not all that goes into getting a LEGAL employee

100 under the table bucks is FAR less expensive to an employer than hiring an employee at 10 bucks an hour

Look at states where they enacted immigration reform that were also big farming states. Millons of dollars of crops rotting, you check the demographics and find tons of white people on gov assistance, should legally made everyone on gov assistance go pick that shit

Illegals commit much less crime than Americans but don’t let facts get in your way lol
Them being illegal is a crime so 100% of illegals have committed a crime but don’t let facts get in your way.

Could it be because there are way way more Americans than illegals?

A not so smart person would think that way sure.

A person who is even relatively smart knows that the stat is generally based on per number of population. If you take 50,000 Americans and 50,000 immigrants the immigrant crime would be less across the board

A not so smart person would think that way sure.

A person who is even relatively smart knows that the stat is generally based on per number of population. If you take 50,000 Americans and 50,000 immigrants the immigrant crime would be less across the board
Nope, incorrect.

They do the jobs nobody else wants to do. Biggest line of BS ever. Nobody wants to do any job. I’d you can’t find people to fill a position it means you’re not paying enough. People will risk their lives to catch crab in freezing water for the right money. What elitist liberals are really saying with “They do they job sbobody else wants to do” is “I don’t want to pay” to maintain my gardens pools and toilets. Hiring undocumented workers without rights is borderline slave labor and it’s immoral.
Ofcourse it is a bullshit argument. The fault lies with business owners, corporate America and the government. Most business owners and companies are greedy. Which is why Republicans need to quit siding with corporate America while simultaneously blaming illegals.

They do the jobs nobody else wants to do. Biggest line of BS ever. Nobody wants to do any job. I’d you can’t find people to fill a position it means you’re not paying enough. People will risk their lives to catch crab in freezing water for the right money. What elitist liberals are really saying with “They do they job sbobody else wants to do” is “I don’t want to pay” to maintain my gardens pools and toilets. Hiring undocumented workers without rights is borderline slave labor and it’s immoral.

No shit dumbass.

Fact is that if you want AMERICANS to pick up strawberries, you better prepared to pay people $20-$30 an hour...or else nobody is picking that shit up.

Which will lead to more Famers/Big Agriculture Corporations getting welfare from the government...even more than now.

Could it be because there are way way more Americans than illegals?

From a % calculation based on the number of legal residents to illegals in the United states illegals commit less crime.

But don't let statistic get in the way of a shitty argument though. Please continue.

Them being illegal is a crime so 100% of illegals have committed a crime but don’t let facts get in your way.
It's not, only entering illegally is a crime. So people who enter legally but don't leave when they're supposed to haven't committed a crime, it's a civil penalty...but don't let facts get in your way.

Who’s stopping the wall and immigration reform? Democrats.
Lol Republicans aren't supporting either of those measures. Republicans had the house, senate, and the President for nearly 2 years. They won't agree to that because of all the farmers using cheap labor that vote R

If wages weren't being suppressed in overly taxed areas, people would do these jobs. Why raise pay though, when you can pay someone with no other options less?

As for the OP, it is implied that "they do the jobs nobody else wants to do..." at the going wage for that work.

And picking fruits and those jobs are hard work. They're tough on the back, the hands, etc. They don't pay anywhere near what a skilled tradesman is paying and tradesmen work is hard on the body too. Of course no one wants to do it, everyone is convinced that they're too good for that type of thing.

The bolded is untrue. There's a lot of people who enjoy their work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back