“The UFC are Looking for Talkers Instead of Good Performers” – Joseph Duffy

Come on Duffy I want to seen you in the UFC. Why is it so hard for you to say "Fuck da grapplin bro I'mma stand and bang bitch!"

Most promos for mma are PG friendly. Cerrone is getting no extra push because of the stupid thing he said. It's not like Vince McMahon humiliating female talent on stage to promote the show.

Like Psycho telling Ortiz he should be a family man for Jameson. There's nothing fake or acting untrue in that. Half the mma roster could spit out those lines and be truthful.

stephan-bonnar-tito-ortiz-video.jpg

Dana told me, "You'll be a pop star,
All you have to change is everything you are."
Tired of being compared to damn Britney Spears
She's so pretty, that just ain't me

Doctor, doctor won't you please prescribe
somethin
A day in the life of someone else?
Cuz I'm a hazard to myself

Yes it works. The nice guy routine worked for GSP though not sure it will work in future. He should at least be smack talking Conor at every juncture to come get that loss back.

Duffy just needs to talk about his 4 inch size advantage and him choking out Conor & repeat it over & over.

Tank Abbott got paid way too much for his talent level compared to the 5,6,7,8 & 9th ranked HWs at the time.

Well too bad Joseph isn't a good talker or a good performer.

Also, doesn't matter how well you can talk if you can't back it up. I guess the UFC is looking for both talkers AND performers. Both of which Joe lacks.

He is 5-1 in the UFC with his one loss being a good fight with Poirier. You are nuts.

Honestly Duffy doesn't have to say anything. The UFC should promote him as one of the last guys to defeat Conor.

The guy has talent, and has beaten Conor. He is in a unique position and needs to take advantage. Seriously, who the fuck care if you stuck to your guns if you are not maximizing your earnings while you can. If it means setting up his family for life, step out of your comfort zone and get it done.

I hate the weak ass infallible excuse of "it is what it is." No fucking shit. Everything is what it is till you change it. Then guess what, it becomes what it is again :eek:. People need to stop using that as an excuse to stagnate and avoid dealing with difficult issues.

Fucking hell.

In before, "it is what it is" response to my post.

I guess it's all just what it is.

Last edited:
Love how fighters will be like "All they want is people that people want to pay to see" and than complain about pay at the same time.

UFC has like 500 plus dudes on the roster. Maybe like 20 of them are high class promo guys. Do those guys probably get more shots? Yeah but if I made my company five times what some other random dude does. I would expect to be paid like it.

I'm sure he knows and understands from a business stand point that the UFC needs controversy to sell but it puts a lot of guys in a tough spot who aren't looking to break integrity to make the money. At the same time they won't be able to get fights to move them up the rankings. Definitely a conflict between promotion and fighter but it is what it is.

Dude can fuck off with using all caps.

Also hespect never put any butts in seats and that's what counts.

Never stops amazing me that fuckers who fight in a cage for money in front of drunk dudes with Just Bleed written on them want to be paid for their artistry. Nope, just bleed, motherfucker.

I hate the weak ass infallible excuse of "it is what it is." No fucking shit. Everything is what it is till you change it. Then guess what, it becomes what it is again :eek:. People need to stop using that using that as an excuse to stagnate and avoid dealing with difficult issues.

Fucking hell.

In before, "it is what it is" response to my post.

I guess it's all just what it is.

THIS

Back