“The Lebron James of MMA”

That Kongo vs Minakov rematch was pointless. Coker had a built in great storyline of the undefeated former Bellator Heavyweight Champion to challenge the FARCE Heavyweight Tournament winner Ryan Bader. But I've learned to expect Coker will never make the smart decision. Coker has a welterweight tournament and he puts the Champion in a fight with Mousasi the day the Welterweight Tournament starts. What promoter does that? Even now, Coker has a built in storyline of Tito Ortiz vs Bader, and Tito actually has rapport with the Bellator fan base because he has fought in Bellator and is 3-1 in Bellator, but Coker won't pull that trigger. Coker had ready made stories right in front of him, Bader vs Minakov, Bader vs Ortiz, Daley vs MVP in England, A.J. McKee vs Gallagher, and even Mousasi vs Shlemenko, yes, I know Shlemenko lost in Russia. But that storyline was there. But Coker will always screw things up.

But this isn't the WWE, this is a sport. Bellator going away from storylines to sporting legitimacy is a positive. Now Bader can fight Kongo who tbh maybe it's nostaglia talking is a fighter I'd prefer to watch Bader fight. Would prefer to see Bader to 205 so I get to see two active 205 divisions instead of 1.

Bader v Ortiz would be a nice fight and all but Bader's a champ and for some reason avenging years back losses in MMA went out of style a very long time ago. Hence why in UFC people complained about Bisping v Hendo while ten years before that fight makes all the sense in the world. I don't understand why and I don't get it but seems people don't talk about a fighters unavenged losses anymore as goal fights while in the past they did. Also we don't know maybe Bader doesn't want that fight again, he'd probably win but if for some reason he didn't that would be kind of embarrassing.

But this isn't the WWE, this is a sport. Bellator going away from storylines to sporting legitimacy is a positive. Now Bader can fight Kongo who tbh maybe it's nostaglia talking is a fighter I'd prefer to watch Bader fight. Would prefer to see Bader to 205 so I get to see two active 205 divisions instead of 1.

Bader v Ortiz would be a nice fight and all but Bader's a champ and for some reason avenging years back losses in MMA went out of style a very long time ago. Hence why in UFC people complained about Bisping v Hendo while ten years before that fight makes all the sense in the world. I don't understand why and I don't get it but seems people don't talk about a fighters unavenged losses anymore as goal fights while in the past they did. Also we don't know maybe Bader doesn't want that fight again, he'd probably win but if for some reason he didn't that would be kind of embarrassing.
Minakov coming back undefeated to fight Bader is legitimate so WTF are you talking about? H_ll, Bellator already screwed Kongo out of the Tournament, so they've shown they have no problem screwing him over. Ortiz vs Bader is legit to the point that Tito Ortiz has been active and he has been winning in Bellator and he has beaten Bader. And Coker has shown he has no problem main eventing and co Main eventing past their prime fighters, i.e. Chael Sonnen, Frank Mir, Fedor Emelianenko to name a few. And Daley vs MVP in England was a slam dunk no brainer. Everything about those matchups are legit and the bonus is they all would have come with built in storylines. Just because they have storylines doesn't make them WWE.

If Pico doesn't perform in clutch-rounds (4,5)...and only wins 30% of his title shots...we can call him the LeBron James of mma...

Back