Movies “The Gentlemen” movie

I thought it was pretty mediocre, a bit like watching a Guy Ritchie tribute band...

Do you want to watch a good movie?Then watch this.Very good job by Guy Ritchie

Cool, Conor McGregor is in it

73514755.jpeg

I watched it, but don't remember much about it. It was ok.

I thought it was pretty mediocre, a bit like watching a Guy Ritchie tribute band...

That's really been the case for most of his work post Snatch hasn't it? at least this does have a fun performance from Hugh Grant in its favour.

It's an enjoyable enough slice of Guy Ritchies usual gangster shtick with some notably amusing character turns from Colin Farrell and Hugh Grant. Nothing more nothing less.

OK movie. Good parts are Matthew fitting really well into his character, Colin being brilliant and Charlie Hunnam being unable to play moid-tons of emotions (he is either calm or psycho which fits his character). Bad part is a very slow build-up and meh climax.

That's really been the case for most of his work post Snatch hasn't it? at least this does have a fun performance from Hugh Grant in its favour.
Yeah, Hugh Grant was good, and Matthew McConaughay is always good value. Not a big fan of Charlie Hunnam though, his very presence screams ‘Tom Hardy wasn’t available’...

The worst aspects like the kung fu kids robbing the weed farm did feel like him trying to ape Vaughn's work like Kingsmen to me and doing it badly. I mean in retrospect I think it looks pretty clear Vaughn was likely a major part in Lock Stock and Snatch as Ritche has never gotten close to those again whilst he(Vaughn) has had a far superior career.

Yeah, Hugh Grant was good, and Matthew McConaughay is always good value. Not a big fan of Charlie Hunnam though, his very presence screams ‘Tom Hardy wasn’t available’...

To be fair I think Hunnam did bring a bit more of a comic edge to it than Hardy would have, the whole thing was really just a mildly pleasant diversion you probably won't regret seeing but probably won't watch ever again.

Last edited:
I really liked the movie. I was supposed to go see Jumanji 2 and could not get tickets so we watched The Gentleman instead. The movie was a lot better than I expected. Since then I have rewatched multiple times and got it on 4K Blu-ray.

Back