“thank god that this fan base in MMA is so f—king stupid that they actually have made this possible”

He's talking like many will buy the PPV lol, no bro they're gonna watch it the "free" way.

This is almost as much of a circus match as McGregor/Mayweather and I don’t touch circus matches. Nor do I have to post a bet to meet your standards of credibility.

Also, the other poster acted like a bit of a smart ass, so I’m not all broken up about mocking his prediction a bit. I didn’t directly call him an idiot, although it seems you’d like to spin it into a personal attack.
So free money just isn't your thing? Yeah alrighty then

He's not wrong. There are many posters here who think Artem has a chance and are excited for this fight. Same ignorant people who thought Conor could beat Floyd.
Well to be fair this is a very different situation.

Obviously if it was under the Marquis of Queensbury rules Artem has no chance. But bare knuckles in such a small ring limits Paulie's movement and starting each round toe to toe is also a factor that Paulie won't be accustomed too and takes him out of his usual game.

Being older and having been out of competition for a few years now also may play a role as will his lack of punching power.

Don't get me wrong, in a perfect world Paulie should pick him apart but this isn't a perfect world and is not in Paulie's normal element.

People are focusing way to much on the word "Boxing" in the events name and not taking the time to look at it for what it is and actually consider the many intangibles compared to a Boxing match under the Marquis of Queensbury ruleset.

My brain is saying Paulie has this in the bag.

My heart hopes stone cold shows up and takes his head off with a chair.

You called me out, don’t be mad a white belt proved you wrong.
You've proven nothing. Now silence. If someone wants your opinion, they'll use the business end of a mop handle to retrieve it.

He’s just trying to trick you into not watching him get his ass beat.

No, I’m actually in agreement with one of the greatest minds in fighting in Firas Zahabi... who are you again?

You see what I did there? I gave a coherent response with reasoning and then I delivered the burn, you give it a try!

Firas is just talking Artem up to back MMA. Paulie has every advantage, including in fighting and dirty boxing. Artem was one of the worst boxers in his division, but you think he will beat an actual boxer? The skill level between these two is night and day. Banking on Paulie breaking his hands is not smart. He can just rip body punches if he wants. This is a WAY bigger mis match then Floyd vs Conor was

But bare knuckles in such a small ring limits Paulie's movement and starting each round toe to toe is also a factor that Paulie won't be accustomed too and takes him out of his usual game.

Paulie fights in a smaller ring then Artem. He is also a MUCH better in fighter then Artem.

Paulie fights in a smaller ring then Artem. He is also a MUCH better in fighter then Artem.
This isn't strictly about Paulie vs Artem, it's about the variables in the fight when compared to pure Boxing and how they may play a role being foreign to Paulie while Artem has now experienced it.

Like I said though, nobody is bothering to consider that and you just seem like you read my first sentence then got all pissy thinking I'm saying Paulie will lose when that's not what I'm doing at all.

These factors have to be considered though or anything less than a flawless performance from Paulie is going to be looked at as a loss for Boxing.

He has a point. He should run through Artem. He was a former boxing champ and now he's fighting an MMA fighter who's like 15-17. With that being said, I hope Artem knocks him cold.
the issue is his hands, I dont see how he doesnt shatter them in the first. The guy used to bust his hands with gloves on and he is not even a power pucher.

Paulie:
-Brittle hands
-Not a power puncher
-Hasn’t fought in years
-Emotional
-No BK experience
-BK does not equal Boxing
-Has been KO’d/TKO’d many times
-Toughness is in question
-Accustomed to 10+oz gloves
-Little to gain = liability

Artem:
-Does not have brittle hands
-Has fought recently
-Has more BK experience than Paulie
-Only KO’d/TKO’d once in 30 fights (2011)
-Toughness is not in question
-Accustomed to 4oz gloves
-Little to lose = dangerous

Ultimately I believe Artem’s qualities will translate better than Paulie’s in a BK fight. If this was a boxing match then Artem would get clowned hard AF but as I’ve said before, BK does not equal Boxing

I give Artem a 60/40 edge.

Slick break down and I agree his Goatness beats the Jobber

Paulie:
-Brittle hands
-Not a power puncher
-Hasn’t fought in years
-Emotional
-No BK experience
-BK does not equal Boxing
-Has been KO’d/TKO’d many times
-Toughness is in question
-Accustomed to 10+oz gloves
-Little to gain = liability

Artem:
-Does not have brittle hands
-Has fought recently
-Has more BK experience than Paulie
-Only KO’d/TKO’d once in 30 fights (2011)
-Toughness is not in question
-Accustomed to 4oz gloves
-Little to lose = dangerous

Ultimately I believe Artem’s qualities will translate better than Paulie’s in a BK fight. If this was a boxing match then Artem would get clowned hard AF but as I’ve said before, BK does not equal Boxing

I give Artem a 60/40 edge.
PLEASE, enough with the logic bro.

Being good in boxing does not necessarily mean one if going to be good in a bare knuckle fight. The gloves and all the rules boxing have make it a totally different animal than a bare knuckle fight

Back