“Stealing a UFC PPV is the same as going into a store and stealing a gold watch” - Dana

Whoa, easy there. Money IS lost.

I understand your point however some retards here will openly admit they steal the PPV then another minute they bitch about fighter pay.

I personally can care less if someone chooses not to pay for it. Their financial position might not be able to accommodate the price of monthly ppv’s. I get it. If I were them I’d probably do the same thing.

As for people that steal the PPV when they CAN afford it, that’s different.
Well the people who stream still see all the ads, so they still have exposure that way. I'm sure the UFC profits of that exposure from their advertisers.

The UFC's business model basically prices at a level that ensures alot of piracy because they think its going to get them more income overall.

I have a giant collection of gold watches then namsayin?

Yo that gold watch collection is tight. RUN that shit!
tenor.gif

In the wise words of jisoe - “you’d have to be a dumb cunt to buy paint if you just rack it”

Paint and ppv is interchangeable

Hay Dana!

When YOU stop stealing from the UFC fighters,

I’ll stop stealing from YOU (UFC)!

Until then, STFU and move alone!!!
:mad:

Thank you VPN.

But seriously if you’re ripping off a ppv, I’d feel like a bastard. If I ever did it back in the early 2000’s, and I’m not saying I did.. I probably put the money I would have spent there in my gas tank or fed my family.

Sorry.

Fuck that shit. Fighters get their 50 percent reebok discount. High and mighty rich fucks. They don't deserve my money.

Oh wait the money goes to snow in the goofs driveway I forgot.

I wish lol, all those gold watches i could have resold. Its a bad analogy though as when you steal a watch it is denying someone else an item whilst there is an infinite supply of ppvs and its not like i would have actually paid money for a shitty ppv if there was no free option so Dana would not be any richer if i couldn't stream.

Stealing a PPV does not equate sell.

That's a fallacy.

He's almost right, only that for the money that the ufc ticket costs, I cannot get even a few grams of gold watch. Also I'd rather steal a gold watch than illegally stream UFC event if I had to choose one. haha.

It's more of a stealing a lousy t-shirt from a store.

I mean, if he's saying that a UFC PPV costs as much as a gold watch, then maybe the price is a touch too high, eh?

Well he's wrong, if i was to steal a watch, it'd be a Roger DuBois Excalibur...

price that up against a ppv...
slaphead goof..

But its not...its piracy (not really sure if the one watching the stream is the one guilty about it, or only the one doing the actual copying and/or streaming the event), not robbing, two different things.

Sorry Dana. You are incorrect.

Here's what the quote SHOULD be, to remain accurate.

"Stealing a ufc ppv is the equivalent of going into a store and stealing a gold watch...

that the shop keeper is trying to sell to you for 1000$ in your neighborhood shop, while giving them away for free across every other state and city to every person that wants one."

Stfu Dana. Book a quality US tv deal instead of ppv, or get stole on, son.
This.
What quality popular sports make you pay for the most important matches? Football? Basketball? Futbol? No, No, No, is normal

Damn that was quite a triggered response. Obviously the physicalities between men and women are vast.

Damn that was quite a triggered response. Obviously the physicalities between men and women are vast. So because men are physically superior women shouldn’t be allowed to compete? We are all human and have desires to achieve greatness. Who are you to deny that? You realize Ronda was as popular as she was because men enjoyed watching her fight too right?
Lol, if by "triggered" you mean logical and fact based than yeah, sure, I'm very "triggered"... (Exacerbated eye roll).

As for the rest of your response at what point did I say anything that would even remotely suggest that? If anything I said the exact opposite by explaining why professional sports are segregated which is what allows women to compete professionally....

Did you actually read past the first line or was that all it took for you to heroically dive into telling me how " triggered" I am? (Seems you might be the "triggered" one here my friend).

*Sorry, been away for a while.

i dont steal it i download it <Moves>

But its not...its piracy (not really sure if the one watching the stream is the one guilty about it, or only the one doing the actual copying and/or streaming the event), not robbing, two different things.
I could be wrong, but as far as I know sharing/hosting a stream or torrent of a movie, show, album, event, etc you don't own the licence for is a felony and people have been prosecuted before for it. As for watching, now not 100%, but a far as I am aware watching an illegal stream isn't against the Copyright Act(atleast in the US) and you can't be prosecuted for it so yeah not really a good comparison from Dana as it's in fact nothing like shoplifting.

It's more akin to watching an unlicensed/unsanctioned fight in real life, sure the people promoting can go to jail or get fined, but the audience watching it wont.

Back