“Resetting” by turning your back and running away - Conor or Overeem, who did it better?

He did it for an entire 60 seconds in that fight.
combined. 60 seconds out of 25 minutes.

dude was tired.

and each time he did it for a couple seconds then literally went RIGHT back into the exchanges.

I honestly can't believe this isn't stopped by the referee the first time it happens.

Gus and Conor both did it repeatedly in a big fight. There is no set of circumstances where you should be allowed to turn your back and run away from the action.

A good example of exiting with footwork is Dodson -vs- Lineker. John would dart away from big exchanges moving either backwards or latterly, but ALWAYS facing his opponent.

If you turn your back to your opponent while standing and jog away, that is timidity and should be an immediate warning from the official.

He did it for an entire 60 seconds in that fight.
lmao, only in like 2 of those were his back facing diaz for any amount of time, damn sure not an entire 60 seconds, and he didnt even actually run in a couple of them

I am THE biggest conor hater on this site but I have to admit I have no problem whatsoever with "resetting" or whatever you fools call this. Doesn't bother me when Conor or any other fighter does it.
They shouldn't do it. They should allow themselves to be knocked out instead ahahaha.

It's smart if you're a technical striker and your opponent is trying to bum rush you into a brawl
It's not a toughman contest, dewds

This place is a wasteland of retardation.

It’s within the rules and it serves it’s purpose. If you want to stop it do what Stipe did and go straight after the guy running.

But nah. Conor and Gus are bitches because they take a few seconds to reset in the midst of insanely viscous fights with elite fighters. Cool story from the warrior class of Sherdog.

Sherdoggers are the toughest badasses out there. They do not put up with running or tapping to strikes. Unacceptable.

Didn't read a single post because this thread is asking for b/s, BUT Alexander Gustaffson is the master of the footwork, movement and reset Yea?

not quite the same, but also makes me think of:

No its not the same thing. If nate wasn't tired and hurt himself he could have easily just chased him down.
Even if nate was fresh he would've just stayed in the center and gave conor the finger. That's his style

Even if nate was fresh he would've just stayed in the center and gave conor the finger. That's his style
Probably hahaha. My point is that Conor wasn't exactly being all that especially elusive. Its not like he was impossible to hit.

Starnes was the most elusive

b638uh.jpg

70jgnr.jpg
didnt even notice mf flicked him off. thats hilarious

I honestly can't believe this isn't stopped by the referee the first time it happens.

Gus and Conor both did it repeatedly in a big fight. There is no set of circumstances where you should be allowed to turn your back and run away from the action.

A good example of exiting with footwork is Dodson -vs- Lineker. John would dart away from big exchanges moving either backwards or latterly, but ALWAYS facing his opponent.

If you turn your back to your opponent while standing and jog away, that is timidity and should be an immediate warning from the official.

How can you have been being timid in a fight where you outstruck your opponent, dropped him or finished him etc?

Turning your back on your opponent is a bad move generally anyways, and actual running is way too energy intensive to be a long term strategy for most fighters, but if you can pull it off why not? This isn't boxing where attacks from behind are banned outright, so your opponent should simply adapt to what's happening.

How about this....the Ref should have penalized nate for throwing slaps and 40% punches, who wants to see a fight stolen like that? To this day conor haters and diaz fanboys claim Nate won that fight because nate threw a bunch of slaps that mostly missed, shit should be banned for the sake of the sport....

Anything but fighters trading full power haymakers in the centre of the octagon with no footwork, head movement, jabs, set ups... etc is timidity....

it's not really for you to decide the specifics, anything can happen in there within a set of rules mainly designed to protect the fighters, You are on dodgy ground there and even then, making the octagon smaller is a better idea if timidity is a concern at all. Otherwise it just isn't.

Back