Crime “Pharma Bro” Martin Shkreli sentenced to seven years.

Is it good? I have seen it scrolling by, but haven't watched any yet.
I would definitely recommend it. There is another docu-series that isn't as well done or compelling, but Dark Money was solid all the way through (there might have been one ep that wasn't that interesting, but I can't recall).

Should send his elven arse back to Albania.

I bet it gets reduced upon appeal but still.... he's finally humbled, I guess.
That's pretty uncommon for a sentence to get reduced on direct appeal unless the sentencing judge did something very unusual. Nothing to indicate that she did-its maybe a little over the recommended sentence for securities fraud/theft of that magnitude. If there is a challenge it'll probably be on the basis that he attempted to return funds before he got caught. But he was already being investigated at that point so it won't help much if at all.
I bet he's gonna meet lots of hard men in a place like
a01_jd_04sept_vaughanhouse.jpg
It's basically a resort you can't leave is my understanding.
Shrelki has been in a maximum security prison ever since the judge revoked his bond last year. Dunno if he's returning there, but he's had a taste at least.

Last edited:
That's pretty uncommon for a sentence to get reduced on direct appeal unless the sentencing judge did something very unusual. Nothing to indicate that she did-its maybe a little over the recommended sentence for securities fraud/theft of that magnitude.

Shrelki has been in a maximum security prison ever since the judge revoked his bond last year. Dunno if he's returning there, but he's had a taste at least.
I'm pretty sure it's beyond sentencing guidelines. We'll see

That's pretty uncommon for a sentence to get reduced on direct appeal unless the sentencing judge did something very unusual. Nothing to indicate that she did-its maybe a little over the recommended sentence for securities fraud/theft of that magnitude. If there is a challenge it'll probably be on the basis that he attempted to return funds before he got caught. But he was already being investigated at that point so it won't help much if at all.

Oh please oh please oh please oh please!!! Let that man spend seven years with his hair stuck to his forehead.

I'm pretty sure it's beyond sentencing guidelines. We'll see
7 years is within guidelines for an offense level of 27-28 without a criminal history.

The estimated loss of 10.5 million gets you to an offense level 26 or 27 on it's own under 2b1.1. (He doesnt get credit for making them whole because he didnt until people started asking questions.) At that point you're at most a month over the guidelines, so there's not much there. And because it's securities fraud there are a couple arguably applicable enhancements.

What's your basis for thinking it's over the guidelines (and the court abused it's discretion by going over the guidelines)?

Last edited:
He had to give that up. I'm not sure to whom though.

The Feds have it. Trump is probably listening to it right now. Bet he's scouring their twitter accounts to see if any of them have criticized him so he can decide whether he should proclaim it the greatest album of all time or start coming up with dumb nicknames.

Methodless Man
GZA the Idiot
Raekwon the undocumented line cook
Raggedy RZA

you get the point.

I hope his youtube channel is still up.

Nice to see the WR unite in condemnation of this scum bag. I wouldn't lose any sleep if karma gang raped him repeatedly. Fuck him.

Nice to see the WR unite in condemnation of this scum bag. I wouldn't lose any sleep if karma gang raped him repeatedly. Fuck him.

Has he really done anything to warrant such a punishment, though?

From what I understand he swindled money out of rich people. That's about it.

Has he really done anything to warrant such a punishment, though?

From what I understand he swindled money out of rich people. That's about it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Shkreli

"In September 2015, Shkreli received widespread criticism when Turing obtained the manufacturing license for the antiparasiticdrug Daraprim and raised its price by a factor of 56 (from US$13.5 to US$750 per pill), leading him to be referred to as "the most hated man in America" and "Pharma Bro".[12][13][14][15][16][17]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Shkreli

"In September 2015, Shkreli received widespread criticism when Turing obtained the manufacturing license for the antiparasiticdrug Daraprim and raised its price by a factor of 56 (from US$13.5 to US$750 per pill), leading him to be referred to as "the most hated man in America" and "Pharma Bro".[12][13][14][15][16][17]"

I do not believe that he did anything illegal. Nor anything that led to people being deprived of this medicine.

It was a business scheme that fucked over some insurance companies, apparently.

In many ways he actually served the public by giving a long-standing problem an easily recognizable (and punchable) face.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/09/martin-shkrelis-legacy-shaping-the-drug-pricing-debate.html

The thing that actually got him convicted is that he wasn't able to deliver what was promised to the investors, by continuing to repeat such schemes. So the system basically sent him a message that he should've fucked more people over to make money. Not that fucking people over in itself was bad. That's why he'll be rotting in a cell for a long time.

The next guy will surely take the hint, and be even more ruthless.

He is so fuckin stupid. It is a case study in burying yourself. Ok, he ripped people off. Brag about it. That's not very smart. But then basically taunting everyone over it. lol. Powerful people. You act like that and eventually you are gonna piss off the wrong person and they will bury you. I saw this guy in court and other shit. I cannot believe him. He is shameless. I have zero respect for authority but I know when to shut my mouth. This guy doesn't. He gives con men a bad name.

This guy makes the Diaz bros look like suck ups to authorities. This guy wanted to get caught subconsciously or something.

Last edited:
7 years is within guidelines for an offense level of 27-28 without a criminal history.

The estimated loss of 10.5 million gets you to an offense level 26 or 27 on it's own under 2b1.1. (He doesnt get credit for making them whole because he didnt until people started asking questions.) At that point you're at most a month over the guidelines, so there's not much there. And because it's securities fraud there are a couple arguably applicable enhancements.

What's your basis for thinking it's over the guidelines (and the court abused it's discretion by going over the guidelines)?
There was no loss to investors in the end, he paid them all back, they were made whole. So we shall see.

During the campaign he was bashed by both Hillary and Trump. He was such a uniting force. Trump called him a spoiled brat.

As somebody already mentioned. Everyone in this thread is united against him too. lol. Something we can all agree on. Or vast majority anyway. When Trump, Hillary and Sherdog think you are an asshole, you probably are. Wu Tang called him a douche too. They said they didnt know he was a douche when he bought the record. lol.

One of Obama's better moments is calling Kanye West a jackass. lol. That was great.

Back