Opinion “Patriotism is the exact opposite of nationalism"

Anyone who thinks cozying up to bankers is a disqualification for being a leftist is a retard.

There's a big difference between being left on your position towards gender and being left on your position towards capitalism. No one here is claiming Macron is a cultural conservative, numb nuts.

I always thought that patriotism was about the country while nationalism was about the people.

Patriotism is like a family.

If your brother does something wrong you can slap him and tell him to get his shit together.

However is someone outside of the family puts their hands on him you will fuck them up.

There's a big difference between being left on your position towards gender and being left on your position towards capitalism. No one here is claiming Macron is a cultural conservative, numb nuts.
LOL, what's next? Hillary wasn't a leftist either?

He lives in opposite land with Trudeau.
Trudeau and macaroony were kissing each other’s asses and speaking out against nationalist and attacks on the all holy media....what a fucking crock. Since when is the media not to be questioned...

"He can't be left because he is rich".

George-Soros.jpg

Trudeau and macaroony were kissing each other’s asses and speaking out against nationalist and attacks on the all holy media....what a fucking crock. Since when is the media not to be questioned...

Haha Trudeau who bought off the CBC for good campaign coverage and ever more, good Prime Minister coverage. Trudeau has state run media of course hes defending them. Hes the reason why they're corrupt lol.

LOL, what's next? Hillary wasn't a leftist either?

Lol no, Clinton is not a leftist. Read any leftist publication's articles on Clinton. Hell, even if we restrict the conversation to only social issues, since those are the only issues the right cares about or even semi-understands, Clinton was very centrist: refused to side with police brutality protesters or NoDAPL protesters, endorsed tough-on-crime initiatives, didn't come out in support of marriage equality until very late in the game, was extremely interventionist, etc. The only real progressive social position that Clinton held was in the area of contraceptive rights.

Also, lol @ you saying Macron is a fucking leftist. Even in the 2017 French elections, he was the centrist of the five major candidates: Melenchon was the far-left, Hamon was the center-left, Macron was the centrist, Fillon was the center-right, and Le Pen was the far-right.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_presidential_election,_2017#Results

Macron is a tepid centrist liberal who has (a) busted unions and undermined workers [granted not to any level on par with right wingers like Trump], (b) is toothless on environmental regulations, (c) refuses to raise taxes on high income earners, even redbaiting when asked about why he is against it. Hell, even if we once again limit our conversation to social issues to dumb it down, Macron has been remarkably centrist.

"He can't be left because he is rich".

Who said that?

The argument is that he can't be left if his policy making is on behalf of the rich. I'm not extremely well-versed on George Soros's positions, but I don't think he's a Reaganite wanting to reduce and cap taxation on the top tax brackets or undermine workers organizations.

I fucking swear, immigration and how openly xenophobic a politician allows themselves to be is literally the only thing you boners care about. It's the entirety of your political scope.

You can do what’s morally right
By saying our interests first ... we erase what a nation holds dearest, what gives it life, what gives it grace, and what is essential: its moral values."
Trump has faced criticism for referring to himself as a nationalist, comments that he doubled down on last week during a press conference.

https://thehill.com/policy/internat...tice-day-remarks-nationalism-is-a-betrayal-of
He's wrong.

Also, America first, not the globalist agenda of open borders and letting the United nations tell us what to do.

Last edited:
Who said that?

The argument is that he can't be left if his policy making is on behalf of the rich. I'm not extremely well-versed on George Soros's positions, but I don't think he's a Reaganite wanting to reduce and cap taxation on the top tax brackets or undermine workers organizations.

I fucking swear, immigration and how openly xenophobic a politician allows themselves to be is literally the only thing you boners care about. It's the entirety of your political scope.

The view changes depending on where you stand.

To be left for you a person has to be far left indeed.

Actually their devotion is to the leader, and if you fail to display sufficient devotion it's well known that they fucking kill you and put three generations of your family in a concentration camp.

But the truth is that people who want power will appeal to whatever they think they need to for acquiring it. Religion, patriotism, racial identity, historical identity, the people, the betterment of workers, the common good, security and safety, jobs jobs jobs, revenge, the stupidity or cruelty of the other. The list goes on.

The counterweight is a culture with a robust sense of personal liberty, suspicion of authority and centralized power and a healthy competitive marketplace.

Sounds like America to me. <13>

I listened to his entire speech (he was reading off a sheet of paper). His speech sounded a lot like someone was reading dark poetry, describing the corpses, the burnt landscapes, the lost loved ones. Then he made a sharp transition into talking about peace, opposed nationalism, praised upholding French values as being patriotism, mentioned how France and Germany are friends, that the EU is an amazing alliance, climate change, spoke against "anti-progress" beliefs, etc.

I mean, he flat-out used the emotional trigger of the dead of WW1 as a way to inject a ton of his personal political agenda into it, much of it completely unrelated. The speech was well-crafted though, elegantly written (propaganda?)

Looking fashionable, has le scarf.

181111072323-macron-exlarge-169.jpg

Macron is right. I know the Trump Lickspittles have to react to Macron being right, because any cross word directed at Dear Leader Trump, must be defended at all costs.
I have no problem with Patriotism, most Nationalist Rubes scare the shit out of me. The Nationalist Rube is the type to use cars or bombs to silence, Patriots with differing opinions.

Patriotism means allowing mass immigration and integrating into unaccountable international political superstructures, and if you disagree well then you're obviously a Nazi.

No matter.

When France practices realpolitik, it is absolutely brutal, and there are no pretensions about saying one thing and doing another. France has often duped America in this regard,

America: "You said this, and did that!"

French: "Why wouldn't we? This is politics! So naive!"

Back