“Obama and I do not support gay marriage” - Biden

lol

Trump's the kind of guy who would claim to be the least homophobic person on the street at a gay pride parade. Trump's political shamelessness operated on a level Biden hasn't even come close to touching in 40 years in Washington.

They are all just a bunch of Palpatine's
giphy.gif

Trump stripped and opposed discrimination protections in housing, healthcare, and employment for LGBTQ persons. He also sought to ban transgender persons from serving in the military.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020...rollback-lgbt-healthcare-protections/?gb=true
https://news.bloomberglaw.com/daily...ve-to-limit-lgbt-rights-as-courts-expand-them
https://www.hrc.org/news/the-list-of-trumps-unprecedented-steps-for-the-lgbtq-community
https://time.com/5660956/trump-administration-anti-gay-brief-title-vii/

Can you point to any actual policies that Biden supported that sought to harm LGBTQ persons? No? All you have is a 12 year-old clip of Biden saying he doesn't support entitling gay persons to marriage?

Gotcha.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you didn't read that and just copy/pasta'd it. Otherwise you'd realize all the transgender stuff, which is the bulk of it, doesn't apply and is chalk full of liberal definitions of applications. "Advocated for the elimination of the entire Affordable Care Act: The Justice Department issued a legal filing arguing that the entirety of the Affordable Care Act should be overturned. This move would jeopardize health care for over 130 million people with preexisting conditions like HIV and eliminate non-discrimination protections for LGBTQ people" wasn't done to fuck with gay people and listing it as an anti-LGB thing just undermines their claims.

There is so much to attack Trump/Pence on that it is pathetic when people need to run to the well of make believe to attack them.

Biden also doesn't want his kids living in a racial jungle. It's all good though because the media told me he's not racist.
Yeah but he only said that on camera. Just like we only have pictures and emails of Hunter and Joe engaging in quid pro quo and crack... that isn’t a smoking gun.

Remember all the evidence of Trump being and saying racist things? Oh yeah he didn’t... the MSM doesn’t like facts

People change. At one point Biden believed gays were less than human. Get over it.

Biden has 50 years of being wrong on issues...thats why the old senile bastard just got his lifetime achievement award

Well, like many, Biden's views 'evolved' over time. But it's a shame so many are too young to fully grasp the arc of the gay marriage story.

While Biden did oppose gay marriage early on, he did not oppose gays having similar rights as married people through civil unions. In fact he repeatedly voted, often in losing efforts, to block legislation that denied gays rights in civil unions and pass legislation that expanded those rights.

For decades, LGBT's were not preoccupied with marriage. They just wanted 'civil unions' to give them some of the rights that came with being married. Like filing joint tax returns, or including a partner on insurance policies. Just the meat and potatoes. They did not give a shit if it was called marriage or not. By the mid 2000's, states were starting to come on board with these civil union rights. But most Republican states were not.

In the ultimate irony, it was bigoted Republicans refusal to give the rights through civil unions that forced the LGBT community to go after marriage directly. They couldn't live with just being a little bigoted. They had go full bigot. Had they only gone partial bigot, gay marriage would not have happened for another 30 years or more.

Of course once Republicans realized that gay marriage was likely to become a reality, they quickly tried to reverse their opinions on the civil unions. But it was too late.

mqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you didn't read that and just copy/pasta'd it. Otherwise you'd realize all the transgender stuff, which is the bulk of it, doesn't apply and is chalk full of liberal definitions of applications. "Advocated for the elimination of the entire Affordable Care Act: The Justice Department issued a legal filing arguing that the entirety of the Affordable Care Act should be overturned. This move would jeopardize health care for over 130 million people with preexisting conditions like HIV and eliminate non-discrimination protections for LGBTQ people" wasn't done to fuck with gay people and listing it as an anti-LGB thing just undermines their claims.

There is so much to attack Trump/Pence on that it is pathetic when people need to run to the well of make believe to attack them.

Lol, it's truly awesome how inept you are at even positing basic disagreement.

"You didn't read that because Trump's actions which would have stripped protections for LGBTQ persons weren't based solely on stripping protections for LGBTQ persons but were rather part of a larger pro-discrimination platform."

Also, it's "chock full," and "liberal definitions of applications" is nonsensical word salad.

Conservatives can't fathom growing as a human.

That's the whole point of conservativism: keep outdated archaic ways because anything new is scary.

But conservatism ALWAYS loses out. Since the beginning of recorded history society has been "progessing" towards a more "liberal" world.

Meh, all politicians will flip flop on issues depending on what's popular. This is nothing new. Both parties do it. It's like the NFL that basically tried to protect their product by limiting the misguided anthem protests in 2016 but now completely embrace it because it's a more accepted concept.
Not disagreeing w/ you

But then Biden's comitment to protect those rights can be put into queastion.

Rights are rights and should not be subject to popular appeal as it can lead to tyranny of the mojority.

It may not be popular to talk againts Mask wearing because of the Pandamic but people have the right to speak up.

There have been an increased Islamist terrorist attacks during the ISIL era and Moslems became unpopular in different parts of the world but innocent Muslims still has a right to practice the faith.

Even Caitlyn (Bruce) Jenner doesn’t (or didn’t) support gay marriage.

Lol, it's truly awesome how inept you are at even positing basic disagreement.

"You didn't read that because Trump's actions which would have stripped protections for LGBTQ persons weren't based solely on stripping protections for LGBTQ persons but were rather part of a larger pro-discrimination platform."

Also, it's "chock full," and "liberal definitions of applications" is nonsensical word salad.

I've gone through the list when it was used in prior threads. It's based on a list GLAAD compiled in 2019 and it's full of nonsense (https://www.glaad.org/blog/glaad-sl...ricans-and-calls-administration-step-and-lead). Trump/Pence being against asylum seekers isn't an anti-LGB stance, but it is used to make the list longer.

And given your history, I have zero faith you read it before posting it or you'd realize how unrelated it is to being anti-LGB.

I've gone through the list when it was used in prior threads. It's based on a list GLAAD compiled in 2019 and it's full of nonsense (https://www.glaad.org/blog/glaad-sl...ricans-and-calls-administration-step-and-lead). Trump/Pence being against asylum seekers isn't an anti-LGB stance, but it is used to make the list longer.

And given your history, I have zero faith you read it before posting it or you'd realize how unrelated it is to being anti-LGB.

It's obvious that you realize the silliness of what you're saying - that a few items in a long list are just a matter of incidental effect rather than sole purpose so the whole list is invalid - so I'll just leave you be.

You come to the wong place

I really got excited when I read Won!

Since your from Sweden I will give a little bit of trivia.

A girl I like married a Swede for like a few months I was thinking why did she chose swede over me! I was really foolish and started getting curious about things from Sweden like the language,History food,pop culture and whot not. thinking that since she will be moving to Sweden now I can maybe be a friend to her and at the right time she will dump the dude.

Well she did dump him in the end he even stole one of her cats.

Her name is Won

I really got excited when I read Won!

Since your from Sweden I will give a little bit of trivia.

A girl I like married a Swede for like a few months I was thinking why did she chose swede over me! I was really foolish and started getting curious about things from Sweden like the language,History food,pop culture and whot not. thinking that since she will be moving to Sweden now I can maybe be a friend to her and at the right time she will dump the dude.

Well she did dump him in the end he even stole one of her cats.

Her name is Won

pic of cat?

You see Trump supporters? Biden is really just one of you guys! Time to accept defeat and jump on the Biden Bus!

Back