Opinion “Mighty white of you.” Racist towards whites or towards non-whites.

Nope, that is lifeline expedition.

That is from a real event held by the Lifeline Expedition where white people go to Africa and apologize for slavery. There is also black people leading white people wearing chains.

Lifeline Expedition

Lifeline Expedition is a non-profit organization founded in 1997 by Briton David Pott.[1] The group believes white people must apologize for the Atlantic slave trade, and that forgiveness can be granted by black people from areas that were involved in it.[2]

sorry_for_slavery.jpg

imgp2772.jpg

Hmm yeah I’d have some negative feelings about that if that was my race

Whiteness gets you through life in America with more opportunity.

White people who think they are being discriminated against are actually just low-lifes and all successful people discriminate against low-lifes. They are looked down upon, but they are too stupid to understand that everyone who has made a lifetime of bad choices are also looked down upon.
Speaking from experience?

Whitey is the scapegoat that must be sacrificed for the sins of all humanity.

white-guilt-youtube-370x242.jpg

So ridiculous.

I feel sorry for the kids.

It is a shame that so many Americans find it so hard to move forward and always want to live in the past.

That is from a real event held by the Lifeline Expedition where white people go to Africa and apologize for slavery. There is also black people leading white people wearing chains.

Lifeline Expedition

Lifeline Expedition is a non-profit organization founded in 1997 by Briton David Pott.[1] The group believes white people must apologize for the Atlantic slave trade, and that forgiveness can be granted by black people from areas that were involved in it.[2]

sorry_for_slavery.jpg

imgp2772.jpg

Ya this shits child abuse

For those of you unfamiliar with the phrase, it’s more or less user as a sarcastic way of saying thanks for an act of generosity that isn’t so generous.

Me: “Hey, WTF happened to my burger?”
therealsope: “I was hungry so I ate it. But here, I saved you some pickle slices. I wasn’t going to eat them anyway, but you can have it.”
Me: “Well, that’s mighty white of you.”

What part of the phrase does the sarcasm modify, the white part and the implication that the man is fair or to the entire saying itself?

Evidently you're also unfamiliar with the phrase as it's a compliment that implies white people are generous.

White people used to say this unironically in the 50's.
Still do.
Some years ago, I worked with a whole crew of crusty old douchebags that used it all the time. They also really really liked the n word.

Still do.
Some years ago, I worked with a whole crew of crusty old douchebags that used it all the time. They also really really liked the n word.
Not surprising, but that sort of attitude is not unique to white people.

I can't remember ever hearing this and I've lived in the deep south my entire life.

I just meant it isn't not unusual for groups to say negative things about other groups when not in mixed company.
Oh, I think I see.
Well that's not really relevant to my anecdote, except as a sort of shoe in.

I'm white and this has literally never happened to me. I must not be hanging out in the right places.

I’m betting that guy made some “fuck Mexicans” shirt he wears out then acts flabbergasted when peoplec talk to him about Mexicans

Just an ambiguous smart-ass saying in my opinion. I say it on the odd occasion but it was my native buddies who got me started. I legit think nothing of it. Now "drive like a white man" can have both negative and positive meaning depending on context. Both for white people and the melanin gifted folks.

Context and intent is all that matters. Words are window dressing.

<YeahOKJen>

I am an evil white male and I have never in my entire life had some random white person come up to me and break the ice with racist talk. Most people I meet for the first time ask me what I do for a living.
I've had a random dude start the "those damned immigrants" chat with me at a pub once. But then I look like the typical white supremacist. Imagine his surprise when I turned out to be one of those damned immigrants. Surprise, nipplehead!

For those of you unfamiliar with the phrase, it’s more or less user as a sarcastic way of saying thanks for an act of generosity that isn’t so generous.

Me: “Hey, WTF happened to my burger?”
therealsope: “I was hungry so I ate it. But here, I saved you some pickle slices. I wasn’t going to eat them anyway, but you can have it.”
Me: “Well, that’s mighty white of you.”

What part of the phrase does the sarcasm modify, the white part and the implication that the man is fair or to the entire saying itself?

It sounds like he’s suggesting that you bought the burger, generously allowed him to have some (for free) and then finished the rest of your burger.

I've had a random dude start the "those damned immigrants" chat with me at a pub once. But then I look like the typical white supremacist. Imagine his surprise when I turned out to be one of those damned immigrants. Surprise, nipplehead!

Do you shave your head bald?

Do you shave your head bald?
Ya, not bicc'd, just on 0 with clippers. It's a matter of convenience. The cro magnon brows and wtf scowl doesn't help either. But hey, I have a disarming personality.

If a word/phrase bothers you that much, you’re a weak person inside and out.

Back