Elections “Likability” ratings in a recent New Hampshire poll show just how tough female candidates have it

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
I just don't get how Bernie Sanders is more "likable" than Elizabeth Warren and others. He is a fucking bore and yells all the time. Totally unlikable imo. I couldn't stand to be around him for 5 minutes. Warren is laid back. Kamala seems cool.

New Hampshire voters approve of the job Sen. Elizabeth Warren is doing; they just don’t like her all that much. Same goes for Sen. Kamala Harris.

Despite Harris’s recent bump in New Hampshire following her performance at the first Democratic debate, data in a recently released CNN/UNH Survey Center poll of likely New Hampshire voters found good favorability numbers for both Warren and Harris (67 percent for Warren, 54 percent for Harris). But when pollsters asked, “Which Democratic candidate do you think is most likable?” the numbers for both women were bleak.

Just 4 percent of likely voters polled said they found Warren “likable,” and 5 percent said the same about Harris. The candidates they liked better were all men: 20 percent found both Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders likable, while 18 percent found South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg likable. (Warren’s favorability rating was the same as Sanders’s and higher than either Biden’s or Buttigieg’s.)

Likability is a tricky, highly subjective political term. Pollsters used to get at the same question by asking, “Who is the candidate you’d rather grab a beer with?” But the question of who voters think is the most likable is difficult to pin down because different people have vastly different ideas of what it means, according to Kathleen Hall Jamieson, director of the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania.

“The construct is an unclear construct,” she told Vox. “We are making it relevant without asking why should it be. We don’t know what it is, anyway.”

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/23/20699724/likability-gender-new-hampshire-poll-warren-harris

Maybe policy and integrity are more important to voters.

Maybe policy and integrity are more important to voters.

Warren seems shrill and weak to me. Her outrage comes off as forced and scripted to me.

If there's one thing women really fucking hate, it's other women. And they make up a sizable chunk of eligible voters.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Edit: Sherdog sucks today and I have double posted.

Why didn't they include Tulsi?

Warren is a bit too wonkish and nerdy to score high on likability.

It's not because they are women, it's because they are nasty fake people like Hillary.

Women make poor leaders.

I just don't get how Bernie Sanders is more "likable" than Elizabeth Warren and others. He is a fucking bore and yells all the time. Totally unlikable imo. I couldn't stand to be around him for 5 minutes. Warren is laid back. Kamala seems cool.

New Hampshire voters approve of the job Sen. Elizabeth Warren is doing; they just don’t like her all that much. Same goes for Sen. Kamala Harris.

Despite Harris’s recent bump in New Hampshire following her performance at the first Democratic debate, data in a recently released CNN/UNH Survey Center poll of likely New Hampshire voters found good favorability numbers for both Warren and Harris (67 percent for Warren, 54 percent for Harris). But when pollsters asked, “Which Democratic candidate do you think is most likable?” the numbers for both women were bleak.

Just 4 percent of likely voters polled said they found Warren “likable,” and 5 percent said the same about Harris. The candidates they liked better were all men: 20 percent found both Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders likable, while 18 percent found South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg likable. (Warren’s favorability rating was the same as Sanders’s and higher than either Biden’s or Buttigieg’s.)

Likability is a tricky, highly subjective political term. Pollsters used to get at the same question by asking, “Who is the candidate you’d rather grab a beer with?” But the question of who voters think is the most likable is difficult to pin down because different people have vastly different ideas of what it means, according to Kathleen Hall Jamieson, director of the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania.

“The construct is an unclear construct,” she told Vox. “We are making it relevant without asking why should it be. We don’t know what it is, anyway.”

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/23/20699724/likability-gender-new-hampshire-poll-warren-harris
Warren is a twat that’s why
Bernie is consistent and doesn’t pander. I don’t agree with him but I know where he stands

Warren is a bit too wonkish and nerdy to score high on likability.

Somebody said she acts too much like a professor. I kinda agree with that. She is professor though. lol.

Yeah. Poor Elizabeth "I'm gonna get me a beer" Warren, aka Chief Running Joke, just can't catch a break, and it's all because America just hates strong wahmen.

im-gonna-get-me-a-beer-sen-elizabeth-warren-drank-39482569.png

I'm a bit surprised about Warren, but Harris is about as unlikable person as I've ever heard speak. She just oozes "sleazy lawyer" every time I hear her involved in a Q&A session and "political climber" any time I hear her making stuff up trying to be relateable. Of course if you look at that, Harris actually started out tied for #3 with Beto and she is now rated as more likeable than him. Basically, she started out reasonably well liked and dropped, and a man who started on par with her dropped even more. Sometimes candidates just get less liked the more you learn about them and Harris is a prime candidate for that.

It's evidence suggesting, but this is a far cry from something you can blame on sexism. I find Harris monumentally unlikable and Warren, persona wise, forgettable. Tulsi Gabbard has a shot at becoming a fan favourite if she ever gets the spotlight.

Well, maybe it’s because they’re incredibly un-likable...

Right, two unlikeable candidates are disliked because they're women, not because one of them is a liar who pretended to be native American to garner privilege and the other one is an obnoxious identity politics hack with absolutely nothing going for her except the female and black cards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back