“Javier Mendez will go back and tighten up Khabib’s striking” - Rogan

All the hype that he dominates in wrestling and hnags with DC, Fitch and Rockhold I am not buying

uhh Khabib outstruck Al 147-43 quite easily, and Al is supposedly supposed to be the better striker

A lot of those strikes are ground strikes. Same thing GSP used to do.

Standing up, it wasn't a championship level performance. He'll get better though. Overall a solid showing for Khabib.

Just stick to plan A wrestling

He’s nearly 30 years old screw new tricks, wrestling brought him this far

If anything, strike less !

This

Overconfidence in new striking skills may damage his performance more than new striking skills can improve it

He has the best striking defence stats in the division.

Yes he's been very effective everywhere. I'm talking specifically about the chin in the air and moving back with his hands down. That's one thing i agreed with rogan on.

He is already the best fighter in the division, but that's one area he could definitely improve.

uhh Khabib outstruck Al 147-43 quite easily, and Al is supposedly supposed to be the better striker

As a Khabib fan, please don't act like 60-70% of those strikes weren't jabs that al was eating and (horribly) trying to wade through to gauge his range. Khabib did well, but he did not have the same dominate fight that he does in a 3 rounder. He looked like someone who can be stopped in championship rounds if the other person's cardio can last the 2-3 rounds that Khabib was the most dangerous.

I was one of the people who laughed when people said if Tony outlasted him, he could finish him in the championship rounds..

Now it seems like there was a window in rounds 3 and 4 that he was slower and kept getting stuffed and by the 5th he had a little back in the tank. It's not so crazy to think he could be stopped or hurt in that window.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

tumblr_npy2mltxaH1u2ragso2_250.gif

g31yprtgzjvwbpjku3qb.gif
still better boxing than the bums at SBG.

All the hype that he dominates in wrestling and hnags with DC, Fitch and Rockhold I am not buying

In straight wrestling, he can probably hang. But it's a different game when someone is trying to take your head off.

Yes he's been very effective everywhere. I'm talking specifically about the chin in the air and moving back with his hands down. That's one thing i agreed with rogan on.

He is already the best fighter in the division, but that's one area he could definitely improve.

I don't like how he moves back, but he only keeps his lead hand down--his rear hand stays glued to his face--and on the other side he blocks punches with his shoulder and rolls his head with it. It's his footwork that is the biggest issue, but it's working so far. ...

Last edited:
These past few fights prove Khabib doesn't listen to corner advice unless if he's dad's there. Khabib will do things his own way like talking and jabbing for no fucking reason regardless of how loud his corner screams, and against Conor he will pay with his consciousness.

Never bought it

Can take rounds against DC but kills himself to get to 155
Sure buddeh

A lot of those strikes are ground strikes. Same thing GSP used to do.

Standing up, it wasn't a championship level performance. He'll get better though. Overall a solid showing for Khabib.

over a 100 of them were on the feet....

Exactly. If you win 50-43 and people think you looked bad you must be the best fighter in the world lmao

K1 Khabib picks apart Conor with teh jab
You don't believe this

over a 100 of them were on the feet....
The striking last night was awful. Even the technique on Khabib's simple jab was bad and Al just stayed there and ate 5 back to back to back. Zero head movement. More terrible striking on both sides in a Khabib fight.

The striking last night was awful. Even the technique on Khabib's simple jab was bad and Al just stayed there and ate 5 back to back to back. Zero head movement. More terrible striking on both sides in a Khabib fight.

How was the technique on his jab bad? why do you think Al was an easy target on the feet?

These past few fights prove Khabib doesn't listen to corner advice unless if he's dad's there. Khabib will do things his own way like talking and jabbing for no fucking reason regardless of how loud his corner screams, and against Conor he will pay with his consciousness.

Possible but also let's not pretend Conor survives on the ground the way Al did..

When you're worried about take downs, it's a completely different game.
Are you saying, Bigfoot Silva is a better striker than Overeem?

How was the technique on his jab bad? why do you think Al was an easy target on the feet?
Because he literally just stood there stiff as a board. The jab came slowly from the hip in most cases and was all arm. I was in a bar and could barely hear the commentary + was speaking with my group. But from what I'm reading, me and rogan were agreeing on what we saw.

Now I know Khabib did not go hard for TDs in the last three rounds, so I'm not selling my stock in him completely, but al does not even approach conor's level in the overall striking game and I do not believe Khabib would last five minutes with Conor standing.

They need to work more on game plan than striking, for whatever reason he spent half the fight on the feet. But some striking defense would definitely add to khabib's game.

Javier was mad at him at the barboza fight. Can promise you he was this fight to. The thing with Kabib is that he doesn't care at times. When he feels that he can play he playes and when he wants to prove a point he does that to.

People are batshit crazy and totaly underestimating Kabib after the Al fight and i hope they to. Maybe we will have some contenders lining up soon.

Kavin lee has talked alot of trash. but i think he has a way to go before he is number 1 and i don't think babib is that kind of person to let other people skip the "line" beacuse ha have been spooken out about it and it dont sounds that he's a fan of how things is.

I hope i'm right. That Kabib have the decency to keep it real now that he has the belt and a lot of power in the division.

Sorry for the bad spelling, hope u understand....

You were impressed with his striking? Slow and telegraphed with his chin up in the air. Al is a real estate agent..

Back