“If You Leave Your Team You’re A Traitor" (Kron Gracie Talking About Cub Swanson)

"You're with your team forever."

So if your coach abuses you, or steals, or is crap it's too bad because you are there for life? Lol. Yeah that sounds reasonable. You have a short window to make money. It's a job. You do what's best for you and your family.
Considering Kron is a Gracie, it makes sense coming from him. Obviously he's going to be with his people for life - they're literally his family. He can't understand that other people didn't grow up in a BJJ family and have to find their teams - and sometimes teams fuck you over.

Just another example of a Gracie with his head up his ass

Dumb Retrograde thinking. MMA is not like bjj with the creonte mindset, If Swanson needed a new team because he felt something was lacking he has the right to do so. He was paying money for training, not loyalty.

Gracies are great at BJJ, but so many of them of them are assholes or dumb.
except Roger, he's a class act

So they’re fighting each other now and I missed the whole storyline?

It depends on the camp.
If you are a Team alpha male fighter and leave for Alliance that's pretty shitty. Or Cesar Gracie to TRISTAR.

hoping cub embarrasses him. But Kron will probably tap him in round 1.

Easy to say when your "clan" is actually family. Some teams become toxic and should be left. Some teams may have weaknesses that require outside training to supplement. I'm sure Cub was doing what was best for him. Never did hear if he found a camp to his liking...

Easy to say when your "clan" is actually family. Some teams become toxic and should be left. Some teams may have weaknesses that require outside training to supplement. I'm sure Cub was doing what was best for him. Never did hear if he found a camp to his liking...

Yeah and his camp no doubt were alright with it too and wanting the best for him in that sense also.

Cub could have just called up Sakuraba or Bravo and learned how to beat a Gracie.

What a load of bullshit. I’m sure they have no issue accepting so called traitors into their camp that have left other teams to train with them .

Isn’t a fighter basically a paying customers...?
<DisgustingHHH>

Easy to say when it's a family business

Also agree that it shouldn't be hard to find a decent BJJ instructor who isn't a Gracie. Maybe that was Cub's attempt to bring in a guy who hates the Gracies at a discount price

Easy to say when you've had one UFC fight.

One Kron gets flatlined a few times in a row, he will decide to either retire or switch gyms.

Back