“If You Leave Your Team You’re A Traitor" (Kron Gracie Talking About Cub Swanson)

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“The way I grew up in training and fighting martial arts is basically you have a clan and a team and you’re with your team forever,” Gracie told reporters, including MMA Junkie, at UFC on ESPN+ 19 open workouts.

“If you leave your team you’re [a] traitor. That’s the way I grew up. I have this instilled in me and no matter what’s going on with me or my team, that’s my team. I don’t do get to just pick and choose as I go along with this career, whether it’s jiu-jitsu or whether it’s fighting. In the old times of war you had a clan and you can’t just go, ‘I didn’t like this clan this time. I’m going to go somewhere else.’

“I think in modern-day [times] right now you tell me something like that it’s like, ‘Duh.’ I want to know what gym told him not to,” Gracie continued. I saw him have a photo with a jiu-jitsu gym that was. He didn’t have his jiu-jitsu already set up? He doesn’t have his team set up? He’s been fighting for 15 years and doesn’t have these resources already? It doesn’t make any sense to me that this happened now.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/10/kron-gracie-criticizes-cub-swansons-gym-loyalty-after-being-shut-out-of-jiu-jitsu-schools

I too found it strange that Cub was apparently looking around for BJJ schools, they don't have BJJ at Duane's?

“The way I grew up in training and fighting martial arts is basically you have a clan and a team and you’re with your team forever,” Gracie told reporters, including MMA Junkie, at UFC on ESPN+ 19 open workouts.

“If you leave your team you’re [a] traitor. That’s the way I grew up. I have this instilled in me and no matter what’s going on with me or my team, that’s my team. I don’t do get to just pick and choose as I go along with this career, whether it’s jiu-jitsu or whether it’s fighting. In the old times of war you had a clan and you can’t just go, ‘I didn’t like this clan this time. I’m going to go somewhere else.’

“I think in modern-day [times] right now you tell me something like that it’s like, ‘Duh.’ I want to know what gym told him not to,” Gracie continued. I saw him have a photo with a jiu-jitsu gym that was. He didn’t have his jiu-jitsu already set up? He doesn’t have his team set up? He’s been fighting for 15 years and doesn’t have these resources already? It doesn’t make any sense to me that this happened now.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/10/kron-gracie-criticizes-cub-swansons-gym-loyalty-after-being-shut-out-of-jiu-jitsu-schools
giphy.gif

I too found it strange that Cub was apparently looking around for BJJ schools, they don't have BJJ at Duane's?
Maybe he felt like he needed better training for Kron?
I dont know sounds weird to me too. Also it sounded like he went to multiple Gracie schools? Like what did he expect? These people are oldschool. And there gotta be other schools than Gracie nuthuggers in the US?

Easy to say when it's a family business

Also agree that it shouldn't be hard to find a decent BJJ instructor who isn't a Gracie. Maybe that was Cub's attempt to bring in a guy who hates the Gracies at a discount price

Who cares what this flat earth mush brain has to say??

And thats why Gracies are great in ripping of customers. Install sheep mentality and then take their money every way possible because you are the clan leader.

And people still fall for it

"You're with your team forever."

So if your coach abuses you, or steals, or is crap it's too bad because you are there for life? Lol. Yeah that sounds reasonable. You have a short window to make money. It's a job. You do what's best for you and your family.

It most cases I would agree with Kron, I'm def an old-school thinker like that but Cub left Jackson-Wink and that place is known for its constant dysfunction so I'll side with Cub on this one.

while i respect this line of thinking, one shouldn't hate on someone who wants to improve, or at least branch out and see what else it out there, particularly if they feel they're being limited.

So if your coach abuses you, or steals, or is crap it's too bad because you are there for life? Lol. Yeah that sounds reasonable. You have a short window to make money. It's a job. You do what's best for you and your family.

Yeah tell that to the girls that trained at Lloyd I place..
Remember all the rapey shit that went on..

FUCK that shit.

"Bla bla bla whatever benefits me yackety schmackety bla"

You beat the shit out of him and take over the team, you Americans sound beta.

And if you think you live on a flat earth you’re an idiot.

These Gracies have no fucking idea what loyalty is.

By this logic, one should remain at their first place of employment.

That sub-90 Brazilian IQ still going strong......

Wait, wasn’t it the Gracies that told Cub to leave once he signed to fight Kron?

These Gracies have no fucking idea what loyalty is.
They arent all boneheaded like this.

but man

guys like Ralph and Royce are beyond belief sometimes.

Was Bruce Lee a traitor?

Back