“I know my father is going to smash me when I go home.”

Probably your outrage of Khabib hespecting his own father.

Hespek is all good. But at age 30, I didn’t live in fear of my father smashing me. It’s a wierd thing for a grown man to say. I like you as a poster and fellow sherdogger, but don’t make me out to be someone who doesn’t hespek his parents. Why can’t we acknowledge that this shit is weird and that Khabib’s father might be a little overbearing and controlling, even by Muslim standards.

yeh its kind of a weird relationship... his dad says he will be punished, what's he gonna do spank him?

Exactly what I thought. I can’t fathom a 30 year old UFC champ taking a beating from his dad, or even hinting at it for that matter. Everyone saying “he doesn’t mean it literally.” Then why fucking say it? And don’t even try and say it’s lost in translation. I think Khabib’s dad literally punishes him physically and Khabib takes it. And I’m not going to chalk it up to cultural differences. It’s fucked up, by whatever cultural yardstick you’re using to determine acceptable parenting in 2018.

new-the-flintstones-movie-warner-bros.jpg

Makes me happy just looking at this and remembering those good ol days when men were men, women wore fetching shredded skirts, boys played with big sticks and hard working Dad talked to little green martians

You're prolly American though huh?

I tell you the rest of the world has a different mentality... Americans are nearly bizarre and almost antisocial w their independence and self-expression. In Slavic culture in particularly parents always treat you like a kid. IDK if its good or bad on one hand its kind of odd that youre suddenly more mature than someone that produced you.

Exactly what I thought. I can’t fathom a 30 year old UFC champ taking a beating from his dad, or even hinting at it for that matter. Everyone saying “he doesn’t mean it literally.” Then why fucking say it? And don’t even try and say it’s lost in translation. I think Khabib’s dad literally punishes him physically and Khabib takes it. And I’m not going to chalk it up to cultural differences. It’s fucked up, by whatever cultural yardstick you’re using to determine acceptable behavior in 2018.

You're prolly American though huh?

I tell you the rest of the world has a different mentality... Americans are nearly bizarre and almost antisocial w their independence and self-expression. In Slavic culture in particularly parents always treat you like a kid. IDK if its good or bad on one hand its kind of odd that youre suddenly more mature than someone that produced you.

Yes American. And yes, my old school Italian father still treats me like a kid. But this is different. And I’m not looking to argue, but the way you summed up American’s relationships with their parents is pretty offensive and flat out wrong. You know the US is a melting pot made up of many different cultures, so to attempt to sum us up in that fashion is pointless. There’s plenty of Americans that respect and live in fear of their parents, even as adults. And many of them are of the same faith as Khabib. I was addressing this on an individual level. By any standard, any country, any faith, I think Khabib’s dad is overbearing and controlling. He produced a champion though, so there’s that.

Edit: As far as “kids” being more mature than their parents; this can happen at a very young age. Maybe you’re conservative, but mother (or father) doesn’t always know best. I was taught to respect my elders, but at some point you need to balance conventional wisdom with contemporary thinking. You talk as if being an individual and thinking for yourself is bad thing.

Last edited:
Khabib would never in a million years want to fuck his Dad up, so that's an issue of no practical value or importance because it's pure hypothesis, 0% reality. Backwards shit? Must have been some backwards shit in Conor's upbringing, judging by how he conducted himself.

This time his dad will make him wrestle a fully grown bear as a punishment.

This reminds me of the law and order episode when a dad rapes his son as punishment, because his son was not manly enough.

Hespek is all good. But at age 30, I didn’t live in fear of my father smashing me. It’s a wierd thing for a grown man to say. I like you as a poster and fellow sherdogger, but don’t make me out to be someone who doesn’t hespek his parents. Why can’t we acknowledge that this shit is weird and that Khabib’s father might be a little overbearing and controlling, even by Muslim standards.

disagres bus hespect!

Khabib made a really idiotic decision but its still forgivable. He really hasn't done anything else I'm aware of except smash opponents (not named Tibau) and show respect.
He slapped Artems face, i dont know the back story but that seemed really uncalled for.

He was also filmed laughing at homeless people and asking them to do pressups for money.

He also hangs out with some really really bad people responsible for multiple murders

These people put sheets on their women , wouldn't surprise me a bit

Back