“Great” movies You have NEVER seen?

Like someone else said anything pre 1970s. Fuck those black and white Charlie Chaplin motherfuckers

I'm guessing what a lot of people dislike is the golden era Hollywood style of acting? I'v never been much of a fan of it either but there are plenty of films from the 50's to the mid 60's that aren't Bergman like arthouse which have a more naturalistic style to them, albeit mostly European and Japanese.

Yojimbo
The Wages of Fear
Harakiri
Le Samourai
A Man Escaped
The Battle of Algiers
etc

Didn't know la la land was a great film until I read through the posts here. Sounds like rom com genre to me so not watching.

Star Wars - not a single film
Star Trek - not a single film

Can't think of any else. If I never seen them despite them being "great"/classics, I probably don't care enough to remember them tbh.

Never seen:
LOTR
Harry Potter
Bladerunner
Citizen Kane
Braveheart

<{chips}>

Like 95% of all movies that come up in these "great" movie threads tbh; I don't watch many movies. A few I'd like to eventually see but haven't gotten around to seeing them yet:

The Godfather series
Clockwork Orange
The Big Lebowski
Scarface
Goodfellas
Casablanca

I've also never seen any of the Rockys, Terminators, Avatar, or Forest Gump but I don't exactly have any burning desire to either.

I’m told these are great movies, never got round to seeing them, in truth given the constant hype around them I fear I would probably be underwhelmed as my expectations would be too high!

It a Wonderful Life
Titanic
Dr Strangelove
Citizen Kane
Lord of the Rings
Anne Hall
La la land

What are the “Great” movies you have NEVER seen?

Alot of the same ones as you and the godfather movies. Oh LOTR and dr strangelove I have seen though and they're both great.

Sherdog fav.. ''Fight Club''

I wouldn't consider it an all time great but its much better than you'd think from the way its talked up , indeed its a film were a lot of the fanbase seem take exactly the reverse of its intended point from it.

Like 95% of all movies that come up in these "great" movie threads tbh; I don't watch many movies. A few I'd like to eventually see but haven't gotten around to seeing them yet:

The Godfather series
Clockwork Orange
The Big Lebowski
Scarface
Goodfellas
Casablanca

I've also never seen any of the Rockys, Terminators, Avatar, or Forest Gump but I don't exactly have any burning desire to either.
Big Lebowski is overrated as fuck

Not sure what the definition of "great" movie is, but I guess Harry Potter franchise qualifies in terms of box office and metascores.

I lost interest in Harry Potter franchise pretty quickly after 2. First one was fine, second was tolerable, slept through the third and never watched another one. Just didn't do it for me and have no interest to watch it.

Big Lebowski is overrated as fuck

giphy.gif

Most movies of the last 6 years. Haven't had time to watch any more than twenty.

Apocalpyse Now
The Thin Red Line
The Hurt Locker

Most movies that win 'Best Picture' because they're usually shit.
Apocalypse and Hurt Locker we’re both really good imo.

I couldn’t get into a thin red line and fell alseep all three times i tried to watch it.

I only watched "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" last weekend. Meant to watch the Clint Eastwood westerns for a long time and when I saw it coming on one of the movie channels I decided it was time. Going to watch the other two Man With No Name films as soon as possible.

One that comes to mind is "Cool Hand Luke"

It's just one of those movies that is so ingrained in pop culture, and has been homage'd and spoofed so many times, that I feel like I've already seen it.

Back