“Gastelum’s 1-2”

maleproblem

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I see in the media that people are calling Gastelum winning off a jab-cross but...

It looks like a southpaw slip, right hook, left hook to me albeit on a odd angle which makes it look like a jab-straight.

Can’t believe the UFC let Bisping fight.

sleep.jpg

Generally, fight fans and media these days arent as interested / excited in the details of fights. It's more about hype and trash talk. Details of fighting get crickets for the most part. I'm pretty interested in the details and strategy of fighting, but I know I'm pretty alone there. There used to be really good posters who would do in-depth fight break downs. Posters are now more focused on one-liners to beg for likes, these people dont really get fighting or the details. Don't get me wrong though, the old school MMA elitist fans were annoying also in their own way.

BTW, I agree, he didn't hit Bisping with a clean 1-2. He slipped and looked like he hit him with a looping punch. But, I think Kelvin is known for his 1-2, so the media decided to keep it simple. They probably didn't want people to lose interest with the details of fighting.

Last edited:
gastelum's boxing is legit, unfortunately his eating is too

Kelvin's a hard match up for anyone who can't outsize him... he dropped Weidman from memory.

PopularPerkyHammerkop-size_restricted.gif

Well, I guess it is '1-2' because there are 2 punches one after the other, but yeah, those sure as hell are hooks.

And damn, that Bisping's swing.... Such YOLO

Looks like a hook to me.

Two fights in a row now that Left Hook Larry got Left hook Larry’d.

Looks like a hook to me.

Two fights in a row now that Left Hook Larry got Left hook Larry’d.

blame gsp. well bisping should've listened to him. lol

How was Bisping medically cleared to fight after taking so much punishment against GSP? He ate about fifteen hellbows on the ground at the end of that fight. He was always going to get knocked out against Gastelum. I don't understand.

PopularPerkyHammerkop-size_restricted.gif

Well, I guess it is '1-2' because there are 2 punches one after the other, but yeah, those sure as hell are hooks.

And damn, that Bisping's swing.... Such YOLO
This Gif dont show when he gets close. If a remember well, and Gast always does that, It is the clássic 1-2 jab-straight. After Bisping counter, he throws the "hooks", but he relies ALL his Power on the Second shot.

Back