News “Coker is killing Bellator!”

Dazn just ended their bellator deal.
that's not entirely true, Bellator just isn't exclusively on DAZN anymore. DAZN and Bellator have a multi year contract still, i assure you if they owe Bellator money for content, Bellator is going to provide the content to get paid if DAZN hasn't bought out that deal. I think the Canelo mess and COVID constricted their operating budget for certain sports. Now with them launched in 192 more countries in Dec, I think you'll see Bellator still on DAZN, just not exclusively in 2021.

that's not entirely true, Bellator just isn't exclusively on DAZN anymore. DAZN and Bellator have a multi year contract still, i assure you if they owe Bellator money for content, Bellator is going to provide the content to get paid if DAZN hasn't bought out that deal. I think the Canelo mess and COVID constricted their operating budget for certain sports. Now with them launched in 192 more countries in Dec, I think you'll see Bellator still on DAZN, just not exclusively in 2021.
Technically they were never exclusive to DAZN. They were simulcast to them, with several events per year exclusive to DAZN

Dazn has stopped airing bellator events. Scott Coker confirmed

did coker comment on the dazn deal being done?

did coker comment on the dazn deal being done?

Even if he does all your going to get is promoter talk.

He isn't going to come out and say we lost 30+ million in yearly revenue and it sucks.

Even if he does all your going to get is promoter talk.

He isn't going to come out and say we lost 30+ million in yearly revenue and it sucks.

maybe it's not going to be that simple. Dazn isn't bankrupt. you can't just not pay a bill ... I don't think we've heard the last of this.

maybe it's not going to be that simple. Dazn isn't bankrupt. you can't just not pay a bill ... I don't think we've heard the last of this.

My understanding was Bellator and Dazn came to an agreement to end the deal for DAZN in North America. No idea what it all took to get done.

Also from what I read mid last year was Dazn was going to a lot of their partners and trying to rework deals, hold off payments until events return, or get out of deals if possible.

I am a long time bellator fan but the promotion has some obvious problems that are holding them back.

1. The commentary is the worst for a major promotion I have ever seen. Thompson and Big John are terrible.

2. They run to many shows. They actually do have a lot of talent on the roster but all the shows are filled with locals for the prelims and only a couple marketable fights. If they ran like 10 shows a year they could have really great cards consistently

Back