Media “Can you help the guy out” - John Morgan presses Dana on Tim Sylvia situation

Sylvia was never Danas favorite but things got even worse when he jobbed to Fedor in like 30 seconds and then wandered to "his dead to me" territory when washed up Boxing legend smacked him in 8 seconds.

And Dana absolutely is a man of long grudges.

Dude made plenty of money in his career and he fought 14 times after he left the UFC on top of talking shit about the UFC when he left. Now he wants the UFC to fix his problems? Fuck em.

To the people who think Dana is scum for not paying or has some obligation to pay it....

1. Fighters are subcontractors, why do you think taxes aren't taken from them by the ufc and they have to file and pay at years end? They are liable for what happens to themselves, nobody else.

2. Lets say hypothetically they are employed by the ufc and not subcontractors. If you're a business owner and someone gets injured while working for you, they go to the doctor, get their arm fixed and then move on from your company, continuing to work in a wreckless environment in the same field. Would you shell over money to the guy, 16 years after said injury, because he's crying poor me? I doubt and if so, I can't imagine you would be a very successful or long lived business.

3. Dana isn't the owner of the UFC to make the decisions that you believe he should make. WME-IMG owns the ufc. Dana is merely a promoter and a face for them.

They covered his medical costs only. If they forced him to retire they’d be liable for a lot more money in lost wages than the cost of repairing a broken arm
Who said anything about forcing him to retire? It's his body; he could have, probably should have, retired on his own.

First off - in hindsight- got to give Dana credit ( so far) for following through on everything. You jump on the guy when he has it coming....and fair enough. He has acknowledged this pandemic is one ( when u truly look at the numbers and the ones at risk in particular) that hes not going to live in fear and that has extended with the UFC. Again, so far- so good.

Dana has also mastered the acronym KISS it ( keep it simple stupid) when he needs to. I'm talking about the other issues brought up in this piece ( especially timmeh).

Dana is a fucking scumbag.

I'm sure this is based on first hand knowledge you've acquired personally through multiple interactions with Dana throughout your life, as opposed to jumping on the "I hate Dana" bandwagon, or because he wont pay for a guy who has made millions with other companies over the 16 years since the injury occurred.

When will people understand that Dana is just a face, a small shareholder in this WME owned ufc. Is it really that hard to understand or do people just have zero sense of business at all

I’m not saying UFC shouldn’t help because this happened when Tim worked for them (think workman’s comp) but Tim lives in like Bum Fuck America where it costs nothing to live.

what did he do with his millions?

I have some avid hunter friends that hunted with him years ago.

Would guess he has a massive gun collection (that normally hold strong resale value) or he bought a lot of land to hunt on.

May donate a dollar just to use the comment section and insult him for calling people s p*ssyass snowflakes in the past that want healthcare for all.

You have a gofundme Timmeh,. You dont get to insult people who want healthcare for all anymore. Oh the sweet irony.

Health insurance is like $200 a month. It's completely free if you're super poor, and subsidized after that. So if you make like $30K a year, you only pay like $30 a month. He's like 400 lbs. He could save $200 a month just by eating less.

If Tim doesn't have $200 a month for some reason, that's not Dana White's fault or responsibility.

Last edited:
Dana would trample a Make A Wish kid if it would save him fifty cents. No chance he’s going to help out one of his former or current employees

I know that sounds cool and all, but no.

https://www.google.dk/amp/s/www.rev...ake-a-wish-southern-nevada-video-1571136/amp/

https://www.livingmma.com/news/khab...e-each-donate-100k-to-dustin-poiriers-charity

https://www.google.dk/amp/s/syndica...illion-to-las-vegas-shooting-victims.amp.html

there a probably more, I just grabbed the first few items that came up

Dana will help Tim. By sending him some snow.

snow.jpg

Serious question, I hope anybody in the thread can help me

Middle of the march I broke my left humerus. Got surgery, they inserted metal rod in the bone. Before I broke the bone I was going to the boxing gym, mainly hitting the bag. It's fun to me and relaxing. How soon I can start doing any sports again? Can I practice any type of impact sports or is it too dangerous? Are my screws gonna pop out if I start hitting the bag again? Thanks in advance, guys. :)

Serious question, I hope anybody in the thread can help me

Middle of the march I broke my left humerus. Got surgery, they inserted metal rod in the bone. Before I broke the bone I was going to the boxing gym, mainly hitting the bag. It's fun to me and relaxing. How soon I can start doing any sports again? Can I practice any type of impact sports or is it too dangerous? Are my screws gonna pop out if I start hitting the bag again? Thanks in advance, guys. :)

Just start a GoFundMe and publically ask your ex employer of nearly 20 years ago to pay for more rehabilitation. Seems like the thing to do. According to some responses on this thread, it is even warranted

It appears to be directly caused by the surgery for the broken arm.
Based on what...your medical expertise???

Unless you're a doctor with access to his medical records, there's no way of knowing the cause. However, it's reasonable to suppose that a high impact job (such as prize fighting) could be a contributing factor.

Had Tim retired after the Mir fight (or even after his UFC run), I could see an argument being made that the company should help in some way. The fact he continued to compete for years after the injury negates any responsibility the UFC may have had, IMO.

No sympathy for Tim. Squandering all that money earned not having anything to show for it than some guns or trucks - it's your fault.

Danas a greedy scumbag and Timmehs an annoying slob. Tuf choice.

Actually Tim would be the greedy one here seeing as he's begging for money without giving anything for it. Just because Dana has money, doesn't mean he owes him shit.

We can debate the problems with the US healthcare system, but it's inexcusable that Tim doesn't have health insurance, at least for his kids. Buy an ACA plan with dat Affliction money.

Who said anything about forcing him to retire? It's his body; he could have, probably should have, retired on his own.

So every time a fighter suffers a broken bone fighting they should retire, and if they don’t it’s solely their own fault?

Also, Tim was in his prime at the time. He went on to win the HW title and defend it twice after the arm break.

Back