1. Where did your likes go? Please Read This Thread »

Media “Can you help the guy out” - John Morgan presses Dana on Tim Sylvia situation

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Wise1, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Wise1 Black Belt

@5:00

I was surprised by John, he usually only pitches soft balls but he actually put Dana on the spot here. I’m proud of him.

Not at all a fan of Sylvia but I do feel sorry for him, this isn’t the first time he’s gone to the media to ask for help. It’s sad.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  2. Mr.Maelstrom "Pull up" Belt

Screw that shitstain - Dana

3. Dbreiden83080 Andle My Riddum

Dana played dumb. Why is Tim broke? He made plenty of money in his career. Nearly 1 mil Alone for the Fedor fight..

4. Eticycle Banned Banned

He's on Dana's list now

Say goodbye to the first question privilege

5. Wise1 Black Belt

yeah, pretty much.

THATxGUY, ookii and Mr.Maelstrom like this.
  6. ch1584 Blue Belt

Dana would trample a Make A Wish kid if it would save him fifty cents. No chance he’s going to help out one of his former or current employees

7. Wise1 Black Belt

wouldn’t be surprised.

8. usernamee Yellow Card Yellow Card

Funny how Dana immediately bursts out "He fought a shitload of times after the UFC in a million different organizations"

also Dana: I don't know anything about the situation

I agree with Dana though, you can't have a bunch of fights outside of the UFC and then years later say you want to have your fucked up arm fixed again

9. Barge Brown Belt

Press credentials revoked.

10. hohner Steel Belt

The injury happened in the UFC. You can argue that the UFC doesn't have any responsibility to pay for it, but the fact the he fought later in other organizations doesn't have anything to do with it.

FuriousG, BLIND, ChumpyKiwi and 23 others like this.
  11. Stop Being Greedy Blue Belt

Dana has literally made a habit out of tipping waiters 10k.

I'm no Sylvia fan and he absolutely should've handled his money better, but the positive PR the UFC would get from this would be more than worth the investment. It always amazes me how shortsighted so many people in business are.

12. Dorkman Red Belt

Especially where they covered the cost of the initial surgery. It's one thing to ask, and to see if the UFC would be feeling giving to see if they'd help. But once they decline taking it to social media to make them the villain about it was just stupid. And you're right, he took fights outside the UFC banner potentialy worsening the rejection of the screws in his arm with more fighting and repeated training. How come he's not going to those groups for the money request? And on top of it tim shit talked them in media after leaving but now suddenly wants a hand out? Maybe don't burn your bridges tim. I obviously don't know the details of the contracts signed for that mir fight but i'd have to imagine it had language to the effect of "We'll cover medical costs for the immediate needs of the injuries after the fact and subsequent rehab so you can return to work. But you know the risk of what you're signing up for here with your health".

13. cade187 I'm not a part of your system.

I was never a big Sylvia fan, but I feel bad for the guy. UFC should absolutely help him out here. The cost is nothing for them, and they gain good PR and avoid bad PR, and increasing the image of barbarism associated with MMA and the UFC. Pretty easy cost-benefit analysis here.

2sk, Lemmy Caution, Jozo Sha and 3 others like this.
  14. KONG-D'SNT-TAP Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I’m not saying UFC shouldn’t help because this happened when Tim worked for them (think workman’s comp) but Tim lives in like Bum Fuck America where it costs nothing to live.

what did he do with his millions?

15. thunderbeeast White Belt

I feel sorry for Tim Sylvia butttt hes says he doesn't have insurance. Why doesn't he have insurance? I have insurance that I pay for. If he doesn't make much money he can get a large portion if not all of it subsidized. He also made $800,000 fighting Fedor and I'm sure at least another million or two from sponsors and fight purses over the years. This seems to be mostly irresponsible choices on his part. It's going to over 10,000 dollars according to him, well I guess all that money he saved not paying insurance can cover that.

phillysmoker and Timurd123 like this.
  16. Skarr Brown Belt

this isnt entirely true, Dana has reached into his pocket to help out people before....ofc thats not the norm for him but he has done it...

in this case I think that Dana didnt like the way Sylvia left the UFC and things Tim has said since then, they have never mended any fences and Tim has always been the guy looked down upon....by his teammates at Miletich, by the fans ((mostly)) and the UFC

its too bad because Tim had his moment and his place in the History of the sport

phillysmoker and Kafir-kun like this.
  17. 2004 account Longtime fan

750k if I remember correctly, jus sayin

phillysmoker likes this.
  18. TheWobbler Brown Belt

His gofundme has already raised 13k. How much is arm surgery in the US?

cagerageforever likes this.
  19. Dbreiden83080 Andle My Riddum

20. Tnellie30 Purple Belt

Bunch of suckers getting ripped off. Feel bad for the guy, but he made enough money where he should be set for life. He also owns fairly expensive cars he could sell. He also should be buying himself insurance or finding a job that offers insurance. He made more money fighting in a few years than the vast majority of people will make in their lifetime. Feel bad, but not bad enough to hand my money over to his irresponsible ass.

Spookv, Aerosol, Arn and 10 others like this.