“A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.”

Because the other things you do matter.

• Trump has been running the most xenophobic, racist campaign of any primary winner in most of our lifetimes
  • Bill Clinton was so beloved in the black community that 20 years later his wife is still mopping up in that demographic against a guy who marched with King and has been pandering to the BLM movement.
Do you see at all how maybe those things might reasonably influence interpretation of a comment in one direction or another?

The RACIST term is thrown about way too often.

Humor me, how is Trump a RACIST?

-T

It's best to avoid any reference where a black person is cast as a white man's servant. But even if the comment was racist, why does Hillary have to apologize for it? She didn't say it. Should Trump have to apologize for the staple holes in his wife's stomach?

Nothing racist about it. Obama was a rookie compared to the Clintons.

I wait for the day when blacks and whites can discourse freely with each other without racial implications. Obviously, that day hasn't yet come.

Her entire campaign is focused on racial justice.
Yes. Because that is the strategy she thinks is the best course to get elected. It has nothing to do with what she actually cares about

This is the exact kind of misrepresentation that irks me quite often. Clinton clearly meant that Obama was a jr member of the party and was in no way fit to run for the presidency. He made many statements that amounted to that and stated it outright on more then one occasion. And in retrospect he was probably right. Obama was clearly extremely naive when he became president and a great deal of his idealism and implicit trust in the desire of others to fix the country poisoned much of his first term.

Its really a shame to because I think with 15 or so more years of seasoning and maturity he could have made a great president instead of the mediocre one he became.
It's this kind of apologetic spin that the left uses very selectively. If Bill Clinton says a black guy would have been carrying his bags, oh no that's not what he meant, not racism no, the farthest thing from it! But if a republican were to say the same thing... lump him right in with the KKK. Don't think even regular voters are so stupid they don't see through this kind of bullshit.

I wait for the day when blacks and whites can discourse freely with each other without racial implications. Obviously, that day hasn't yet come.

Don't hold your breath. It'll probably happen, but i think Sunni and Shia have a better chance at that.

-T

I've also heard the expression directed at junior executives by senior ones. "Shine my shoes" and "pick my cotton" are pretty common, too.

Nothing demeaning and/or racist about it. Just a commentary on pecking order.

That's some serious race bating logic there, ultra.

Nothing to do with locuation in regards to popular sports reference and everything to do overt racism, right?

This is the exact kind of misrepresentation that irks me quite often. Clinton clearly meant that Obama was a jr member of the party and was in no way fit to run for the presidency. He made many statements that amounted to that and stated it outright on more then one occasion. And in retrospect he was probably right. Obama was clearly extremely naive when he became president and a great deal of his idealism and implicit trust in the desire of others to fix the country poisoned much of his first term.

Its really a shame to because I think with 15 or so more years of seasoning and maturity he could have made a great president instead of the mediocre one he became.

I love how the justification works so well when it's a Democrat. :)

Her entire campaign is focused on racial justice.

Suddenly she is a champion fro gay people too (opposed gay marriage until it was convenient to flip in 2013)

Divide people into different classes, give them something to be angry and outraged for, "feel their pain", encourage group think.

Still don't have enough votes? Import some from other countries and set your party up for generations

Back