‘You’re supposed to be my promoter not hater’ - Ryan Garcia clashes with Oscar De La Hoya again

TBH, I've only watched one episode where the black dudes play VR fighting and end up falling for each other. That was enough for me to not watch that shit anymore.

Did they do another one with Likes as currency?

You sound intelligent

never heard of him and don't know the ins and outs but i do know former champions/fighters aren't always the best people to do your bidding, the competitiveness never leaves them.

Oscar promised him Big Money fights against Top Guys when he signed him but has yet to get him the Fights and now doesn't want to give him the Big Money either. So Ryan is pissed now and calling him out on it and people dont like that. UFC fans are saying just shut up and fight for free and boxing fans are crying that he is fight bums but this is ALL Oscars fault but no one is blaming him like they protect Dana.

TBH, I've only watched one episode where the black dudes play VR fighting and end up falling for each other. That was enough for me to not watch that shit anymore.

Did they do another one with Likes as currency?

The latest season was not as good as the other ones, by far. The episode everyone refers to is basically about likes being linked to a rating system that effectively acts as a social credit score.

Oscar promised him Big Money fights against Top Guys when he signed him but has yet to get him the Fights and now doesn't want to give him the Big Money either. So Ryan is pissed now and calling him out on it and people dont like that. UFC fans are saying just shut up and fight for free and boxing fans are crying that he is fight bums but this is ALL Oscars fault but no one is blaming him like they protect Dana.
200k to fight TBD is big money. Fighting a top guy like Davis is all but impossible at the moment. That fight easily attracts 18000-20000 paying fans and no promoter can afford to lose a live gate like that by holding the fight in a studio. Also, Davis has legal problems and likely won’t be available for a while. I can’t really think of any other top guys at the moment. A fight with Haney would be interesting, but that’s a good 12-18 months off.

200k to fight TBD is big money. Fighting a top guy like Davis is all but impossible at the moment. That fight easily attracts 18000-20000 paying fans and no promoter can afford to lose a live gate like that by holding the fight in a studio. Also, Davis has legal problems and likely won’t be available for a while. I can’t really think of any other top guys at the moment. A fight with Haney would be interesting, but that’s a good 12-18 months off.

Davis fight could have been made a yr ago but Oscar said no. That cost Ryan Millions and Oscar isn't doing anything to make up for it. He doesn't Want to fight TBDs and if that is all Oscar is gonna give him, than Oscar should Pay him what he wants. Sorry but I don't see how yall are just telling him to fight TBDs for nothing.

He has done EVERYTHING OSCAR has ask him to do. Fight bums over and over and he has looked good doing it with KOs and shit and the fans have done nothing but shit on him for it and want him to fight the legit fighters But his promotion wont let him. So if he is gonna get shitted on for fighting these bums, he should get what he wants. They are putting him in a No win situation. All he wants to please the fans.

Garcia loses the first time he faces an a actual good, world-ranked level boxer.

Yes, if u like the concept look for the episode Nosedive.
U watched the season where the americans took over. American remakes of good british shows tend to suck hard.

The one with the girl being chased, but she doesn't know why, is probably my favorite.

Davis fight could have been made a yr ago but Oscar said no. That cost Ryan Millions and Oscar isn't doing anything to make up for it. He doesn't Want to fight TBDs and if that is all Oscar is gonna give him, than Oscar should Pay him what he wants. Sorry but I don't see how yall are just telling him to fight TBDs for nothing.

He has done EVERYTHING OSCAR has ask him to do. Fight bums over and over and he has looked good doing it with KOs and shit and the fans have done nothing but shit on him for it and want him to fight the legit fighters But his promotion wont let him. So if he is gonna get shitted on for fighting these bums, he should get what he wants. They are putting him in a No win situation. All he wants to please the fans.
If Garcia had fought Davis a year ago we wouldn’t be talking about him now because he’d have been soundly beaten. Oscar did right by him there.
I think we have to get used to a lot of higher profile fighters fighting TBD-level fighters for the next little while. If a matchup appeals to thousands of ticket buying fans it makes no sense to hold it at the moment.
If Garcia was smart he’d collect as many of those 200k checks as he could and raise his profile even more, maybe become the face of DAZN or close to it.

If Garcia had fought Davis a year ago we wouldn’t be talking about him now because he’d have been soundly beaten. Oscar did right by him there.
I think we have to get used to a lot of higher profile fighters fighting TBD-level fighters for the next little while. If a matchup appeals to thousands of ticket buying fans it makes no sense to hold it at the moment.
If Garcia was smart he’d collect as many of those 200k checks as he could and raise his profile even more, maybe become the face of DAZN or close to it.

These fight do nothing for his boxing career IMO. He hadn't got respect from the fans for doing this so far and never will.

Davis might have beaten him but maybe not. But either way it could have made him millions and even a Loss to a guy like Davis doesn't hurt him this early in his career. He might have given a good enough account for him to earn respect from the boxing critics and could have made him better in the long term. There is no reason for Oscar to keep babying him with these easy fight when he is ready to test himself. Oscar is holding him back.

i know little about their relationship, what i do know is that delahoya, being a former great champ turning promoter is new territory as far as i know, it has never worked in the past, that's all i can say really. champs usually don't make good businesspeople, simply because they are used to being the stars.

Ryan's boxing career may not work out but he can always lean on becoming an Instagram male model. It's time to start building that portfolio, Ry. Let's see if your signature look can match that of ‘Blue Steel!’
images

That's not fair. Only one man could do Blue Steel.

DLH couldn't risk Ryan losing to a champ or another up-and-comer in an empty arena. IMO it's a favor for Ryan to get him a fight when GBP would likely LOSE money in this show they're planning.

Ryan is overestimating his selling power. He has a lot of fans in his home state, that's why he thinks everyone is interested in him.

Can't see Ryan anymore without thinking bout those /box/ memes bout how HE FUCKED UP

All about them likes man! If it keeps going, it'll replace currency. 70 likes to buy a ppv!
I’m shit outta luck, I can’t even get one like after posting my pug smiling with my kids sitting on Santa’s lap

i bet other boxers cant wait to rearrange ryan's face, he looks like a spoiled brat with all his instagram model fans spoonfed gold and famous as if he's already the champ, i imagine some young mike tyson broke somewhere punching the wall waiting to get his hands on him.

I’m shit outta luck, I can’t even get one like after posting my pug smiling with my kids sitting on Santa’s lap

Yeah man tell me about it, I can't even give you a like because of dubs!

Back