‘We can absolutely talk about it’: Dana White open to bringing Ben Askren to UFC

People who hate on him have probably never watched him fight. He doesn’t just take people down and do nothing. He punishes them.

His early fights were boring before his game developed. He used to literally just lay on people, but his game has changed a lot. The people that call him boring haven't seen any of his fights in the last 5 years.

Askren vs GSP, Askren vs Khabib, Askren vs Covington.. are all interesting fights. He trains with Woodley, so doubt that fight happens if he comes to the UFC.

I haven’t seen him since he was in bellator. Hopefully he is more exciting to watch now

All of Woodley's training partners smelling blood.

Ever since his appearance on the JRE, I've been a fan. Great episode.

Id love to see askren against some higher level guys.

I'd love to see Askren in the UFC just to hear him finally shut up about being "the best"...

He can actually test himself and see if that's true...

People who hate on him have probably never watched him fight. He doesn’t just take people down and do nothing. He punishes them.

He was legitimately a boring lay n pray guy at the start of his Bellator career but that was a long time ago. He's been a much more exciting guy to watch once he started getting good at GNP around the time he fought Amoussou.

I hope it happens but certainly not holding my breath. From what he said about their last negotiation on JRE it sounded like they were giving him a shitty offer hoping he'd turn it down, he agreed then they texted him later that ady cancelling the offer. If Dana is genuine this time I hope they can work something out but I don't think it's likely.

What’s an unfavorable matchup for askren?

How would they destroy his sponsorships? Why would they put him on shitty cards?

Who did they do this to? What top fighter did they sign only to sabotage?

I'm not playing 21 questions with you. Do you even know who Dana Fucking White is?

I think Askren still fucks shit up in today's WW division.

I think "we can absolutely talk about it" is code for "you fucking idiot, sign and I'll destroy your career for all that shit you talked".

I like Ben Askren, but Dana doesn't just conviently forget about grudges.

Let Ben and Usman battle it out

I can honestly see Dana sticking that exact fight on the prelims of a Fight Night card just because of how much he hates both fighters.

I'm not playing 21 questions with you. Do you even know who Dana Fucking White is?
Lol

I know who he is. He’s the bogeyman on these boards.

I know it’s inconvenient to have to give actual examples.

The ufc has often shown once you’re in the ufc they will give opportunities, and not try to keep you down because you come from another org.

I think "we can absolutely talk about it" is code for "you fucking idiot, sign and I'll destroy your career for all that shit you talked".

I like Ben Askren, but Dana doesn't just conviently forget about grudges.
Apparently White/Fertittas did a variation of that to him when he was in Bellator; they told him that they wouldn't begin negotiations until he got free of his contract with Bellator, and as soon as he got free they ignored him. Since Askren essentially burned his bridge with Bellator, he had to settle for ONE FC.

Back