‘This has gone too far,’ says defiant Tavis Smiley after PBS suspends his show for ‘misconduct’

There is one thing he says that stands out to me. If a consensual relationships between coworkers are now being demonized, then that becomes an issue. One that I am guilty of. In fact, that's how I met my wife. What if she sues me?

I think he politely asked to jerk off in front of woman, yeah? Weird, but not assault if that is the jizzt.

I wonder if they'll cancel Mardi Gras this year out of fears the abrupt mass unemployment would tank the economy?

Well I think the issue with Louis is he only kind of asked, and didn't really give them a chance to say no sometimes.

When black guys are going down like this, you know shit is out of whack. It has even trumped the race card. It is powerless against this wave.

Well I think the issue with Louis is he only kind of asked, and didn't really give them a chance to say no sometimes.
So it was rhetorical? That's not cool. That makes him worse than a flasher - that's sex offender level shit.

So it was rhetorical? That's not cool. That makes him worse than a flasher - that's sex offender level shit.

Yeah, it was creepy and definitely not cool.

He used his position of power to jerk off in front of girls, often other up and comers in comedy I believe.

Even the ones that may have consented I don't think it was because they really wanted to see him jerk off.

A friend of mine was just recently fired because he offered a new employee some bacon that he brought over to work from Tim Horton’s. he picked up some stuff to go, and since he had some left over bacon he offered the new co worker some.

He said ; good morning, would you like some bacon? I got some left over.

The new employee happened to be a Muslim woman. He was not completely aware that they don’t eat bacon, OK big fucking deal. He was arrested when she made a huge scene apparently alleging he sexually harassed her offering his dick to her with how he said bacon, and also claimed he victimized her because bacon is forbidden in her religion.

This kind of shit is actually happening on a daily basis. God help us

God help us, amen brother.

That sounds ludicrous.

Al Franken's most recent accuser wrote a lengthy op-ed on how he put his arm around her waist and squeezed during a photo op. Yes, we've gone there...

Today was the Christmas party in my kid's class.

I was the only dad that went.

The kids decorated cookies, had snacks, then watched Elf.

In between the snacks and the movie, the moms all gathered in a line to take a group photo. I was asked to join in.

The moms all stood shoulder to shoulder and had their hands around each others' waists.

I stood at the end with my hands in front. With one hand over the other.

Today was the Christmas party in my kid's class.

I was the only dad that went.

The kids decorated cookies, had snacks, then watched Elf.

In between the snacks and the movie, the moms all gathered in a line to take a group photo. I was asked to join in.

The moms all stood shoulder to shoulder and had their hands around each others' waists.

I stood at the end with my hands in front. With one hand over the other.

You're a sick man. Rapist.

Damn... I met my wife in AIT, so that means she can hem my ass up too?
as long as you weren't a cadre/instructor and she was a student hahahha

you'll be fine

We had a 1SG in Germany that was married to a female SPC.....good times

They're all in it for the quick cash grab. Maybe the first few are legit (cosby) but then greedy gold diggers realize how easy it was, everyone started accusing everyone including their ex-BFs.

I just realized that I may have had a few flings back in my days at school and previous work sites. What if they all decided to sue me for sexual assault? Then they found out I'm a sherdogger and my username is freaky? Freaky Sherdog..might as well hang me now.

So many of these men gain these positions of power by practically living their jobs. Given how much time in a given day is devoted to their work and being in the company of co-workers it's not surprising that when the need or desire for companionship comes up their tendencies are to range within those circles or at the very least the fringe of those groups.

It's one of the reasons you see so many Hollywood celebrities dating and marrying within their own peer groups rather than hooking up with John or Jane Doe for anything more than possibly a one night stand. The same can be said of musicians after a certain point as well. That might also include the fringe of those industries, both support personnel and up and coming talent. Politicians I'm sure are much the same way. Business men and women as well.

Basically the power, money and celebrity status affords them the potential for the broadest selection of potential companions but the reality is the time they allow themselves and the social circles they often find themselves in actually imposes limits on who and how many of the available pool below a certain level they actually encounter.

How often do you hear of some rich and powerful person getting into a relationship with some average smuck or smuckette once they've achieved a certain level of fame, money or power?

He seems pretty adamant about defending himself here so will be interesting to see what he comes back with.

My thoughts as well. Definitely staying tuned to this story

It’s pretty telling about the majority of others though that this feels like the first guy actually upset about a potential false claim and fighting back. The rest have just wanted it to go away quietly, tried to downplay, or flat out admitted

So, I haven't watched PBS since I outgrew Sesame Street over 20 years ago but, who is Smiley?

Stefan Molyneux covers this topic VERY well in this interview today with Michelle Malkin. Must watch for all IMO.

If one guy actually stands up for himself and can prove it's just a smear campaign or whatever do you think it would change the tone of these discussions nationally? Would it rein in the rush to accuse if people start actually thinking about things like proof?
Sounds to me like several networks are simply trimming the fat at this point. They're sick of paying some of these guys top dollar!

Back